Payless ShoeSource

Canada146 reviews

Found 146 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,519 reviews
shoeshoesourcestoreshipmentcustomertagdiscountcustom

Good summer job

The Payless I worked at was in a mall, so that made it even busy at times. We had to be open on all the holidays because it was in a mall. You’re on your feet all day, yes you do get lunch and a break but still its demanding on your feet and plus you would sometimes have to climb up ladders to get shoes from the top. The customers weren't that bad, most of time you would get nice people who don't want to give you a hard time.

Pros

When it's not that busy you can chill in the back

Cons

Long hours, underpaid, demanding

Starter job

Okay starter job. Worked during high school. Not much to say as they have closed down. All in all it was a decent place to work while in school as a kid.

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Fast paced

It’s a retail job at the end of the day. Corporate was clueless. Always working holidays but usually had a flexibly schedule. All in all decent place

Pros

Great discount

Cons

Confusing task contastantly busy

Nice Manager

I worked here part-time during the summer. The manager was quite strict but also very understanding of the struggles for a newbie. She was willing to let new people learn and improve.

Pros

Employee discounts; good for young people as summer jobs

It honestly was great to work there, unfortunately the manager refused written time off, co- owner was a snakey so they went bankrupt.

Saleswoman; organizing each item is in the right place/ on the floor, picking up any packaging from shoe boxes, speak with customers and reassure they leave happy with the best item for their needs, cashier, computer skills, restocking shelves properly with new product & scanning tags daily for proper sale postings, possessed key holder after passing 3month probation, neglected 6 weeks ahead note for time off Poor management I enjoyed everything but that^

learning environment

It was a great learning experience. the workplace culture was little competitive. the typical day at work would be greeting customers and helping them out.

I'm really going to miss this place.

I loved this store. I loved the customers, I loved checking them out, I loved knowing a lot about shoes, I loved how I could chill with my coworkers and talk about life while vamping shoes. I loved closing. I loved the system where we counted the money and I could sweep and mop at my leisure. I loved the 90's training videos that were still relevant to how the store ran. I loved bending over backward so people whould have a good time shopping. They shouldn't have shut down.

Unfortunately the company shut down now because of bankruptcy

I enjoyed working for Payless shoes. The team was enjoyable and friendly to work with and I like that it was a busy work pace. If the company were to open back up I would work for them again

The work was pretty much straight forward. However the management team was poor

Working at Payless was difficult at times because of bad management. My manager was unprofessional and I didn’t feel part of the team. I actually requested a transfer out of that particular location.

Pros

Customer service skills

Cons

Bad management

Payless is a great place to work. I learned more about customer service and my manager was very understanding when it came to my school. She was very flexible so I never had a problem with her. The coworkers were amazing as well.

Productive workplace

good for those looking for a part-time job. Good working environment. really taught how to handle difficult customers, especially when stores were closing down. Sad to see the store go.

Pros

flexible work times

Cons

long slow days, end up staying for longer to clean up store with no over time.

Payless is out of business...

I don't think anyone can apply here anyway since the company closed down throughout Canada. My manager was awful... she yelled at me in front of customers all the time and told me off for things that weren't even my fault (more than two other people confirmed I wasn't at fault with these things). She quit right before the store closed anyway... but terrible work experience.

closed business

they are closed they are no longer open they closed last year all there store they had nice shoes for a good price however they are closed now very sad

very little hours

1-3 days 3 to 4 hours shifts not realistic to survive on. Sometimes worked alone during closing which is a safety issue and while pregnant had to climb ladders because I was working alone.

bad hours

the management was constantly changing and the environment never got any better. you get over worked and sometimes never get breaks. other times i wouldnt get shifts for months. it wasnt the best experience.

Positive, helpful environment

Greeting customers and solving their problems Learned to maintain a professional and positive attitude at all time Management was very understanding and genuine Workplace culture was very diverse and equal Hardest part of the job was maintaining a positive and professional attitude after being sworn at. Most enjoyable part was seeing my coworkers and sparking conversations with customers

Pros

positive customers

Cons

Negative customers

It a nice place to work in

friendly employees and manager that is willing to hear you out i you have any problem. It is a free and fun workplace but can be a bit boring on some bad days

So sad to see it go

It was truly a great place to work, the people i worked with were a delight. RIP payless you will be missed. Would have reccomend to anyone looking for a first time job.

Pros

Great work environment, super friendly

Cons

Dead

Productive and fun workplace

Everything was great and it helps me so much. I learn everything that I was supposed to know about it and so happy to learn about new places, also contribute what they’ve taught me

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No enough hours

Super great to work there

Payless is a super fun upbeat place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The people who I worked with were super kind, as well as helpful. It has a great atmosphere.

Pros

Small amount of people to work with at a time

Cons

The store is closing

Good Company but closing

I loved working at Payless but I am now being laid off along with over 2,400 other employees across the country. The work enviroment was always great.

Pros

good customers

Cons

limited growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement