Payless ShoeSource

Manager8 reviews
Canada8 reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,519 reviews
shoeshoesourcestoreshipmentcustomertagdiscountcustom

Lovely managers and co workers. Easy and fun but sad to see it close. The products were great and fair prices. I would work here again. Nothing bad to say about the company.

Great people. Ok environment

Great people made friends for life. By end of time at company it was not good. the company was going out of business so all bad stuff was dialed to eleven.

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Great family atmosphere

very family friendly, create great teams and amazing training...lots of discounts and perks and kuddos given when allowed..Payless was home away from and family for me

Pros

benefits and discounts family

Payless st albert

Payless is great place to work , long hours no over time for salary workers , again great customers at this branch , always something to do , pride in there stores

Pros

Good products

awful

horrible in every aspect, worst experience in my life, stay away from this employer

Pros

nothing

Cons

discount on shoes

supportive enviroment, strong team works between stores

A typical day at work would be a balance between tasks, customer service and coaching and training with staff. What I learned is the importance of planning and organization. The hardest part of the job was the long days, a typical day shift would run from 9:45 am to 7:15 pm and a evening shift would be from 11:45 am to 9:15 pm. It was increasingly difficult to balance between work and home life. The most enjoyable part of the job was buliding a strong team of associates and helping them acheive their career goals. In the course of my time with Payless I hired and trained several talented associates into Managers of their own locations.

Pros

incentive contests with visa gift cards to be won, excellent training program

Cons

salaried 45 hr work week

not terrible but not great

It was ok, as manager it was rough because the staff turnover was insane and i ended up working more hours than i was getting paid for because of being on salary. working it out by hour my staff was getting paid more than me. Really hard to keep staff in Grande Prairie so i think the manager needs to get paid more.

satisfactory

hardworking peoplesatisfyingroom to growlarge companyfun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement