Payless ShoeSource

Canada33 reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,519 reviews
shoeshoesourcestoreshipmentcustomertagdiscountcustom

Productive Workplace

Good workplace, with experience as a cashier, stocking merchandise, helping customers. Average pay, with opportunity for advancement. Good work atmosphere with team members.

Relaxed environment

I had fun working for the company. Its fast paced and time goes so fast. But its not stressful even though we're busy most of the time, because co-workers are actually helpful. We're working but at the same time we're having fun

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

very good productive and fun place to work at

very good place to work at it was a great experience working there if the I didn't get into a car accident I would have stayed and worked more but ufortunately some things are unstoppable and we can't do anything over all it is a good store and anyone would love to work in a friendly environment.

Pros

good team

Cons

Strict, racist management. Rendered the atmosphere dark and tense. Would not recommend. Does not encourage to work harder - instead criticizes you.

Key sales associate

Great place to work. Had a continuing education program and would work with employee to better them self. Small staff but good team dynamics. Slower paced but enjoyable.

Productive and fun place to work

Interacting with customers and staff was fun. It was busy and productive. Different promotions every day meant changing prices and using your knowledge to help customers.

Amazing

Everything about Payless has been an amazing opportunity and I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a good retail job. The community around payless is amazing as well

good

This is a good place to work, as a first job. although, there is a large amount of memorizing. you must memorize the entire order of the store, such as what shoe companies go in what order

Pros

braks

Great Place to work

I liked the job. I worked with a great team. All the employees where nice hard working and understanding. We all worked to achieve the daily goals that we needed to meet.

Good job

Great job for those in school or needing to make ends meet. As long as you have good management and coworkers, you'll have a good time. If you are someone who appreciated building something and making improvements, Payless is always looking for those who can help make the company a better place.

productive workplace

I had to organize the shoes and accessories everyday. lots of cleaning and keeping the store clean. Had lots of old customers which taught me how to be patient at work since they are relatively picky.

Pros

not stressful

Cons

very boring

Good place to work.

Needs lot of physical strain. However, the work overall is good. Management is very approachable and cooperating. But, the physical strain is very challenging sometimes. The work never seems to get done.

Experience was normal

It was a student kind of job. I didn't really think of it as a permanent job for me, so I didn't think about advancement. I worked there to support myself during my studies. It was a good environment and I evolved my customer service.

Great Company to work for

I fully enjoyed my employment at Payless shoes, the customers were amazing, the staff were like family and loved going into work each shift. Unfortunaly there was no full-time positions nor do they offer them.

Pros

Work environment and the customers

Cons

not enough hours

Good experiene

An amazing workplace experience. Learned a lot of new things that would benefit me at any part time job position. Great workplace environment always uplifting and positive.

Fast pace retail outlet

Payless is a great place to work. The job includes selling to customers, putting away stock and dealing with sale changes. Working here was a great experience.

Pros

discounts

Cons

declining company

challenging bur productive with the wonderful co workers

The hardest part of the job is the long hour of standing. Plus there are difficult customers sometimes. but I like the manager she is very supportive.

Pros

Salary Bonus, and good pay

Cons

longs hours

productive and fun place to work.

Great workplace environment. Friendly coworkers. I enjoy helping customers. that is the best part of the job for me. Everyday at work I learn new things.

Customer Service Specialist

Helping customer all the time, doing stock, most of the time doing stuff on your own. overall good. management is changing all the time which is difficult to adjust to.

Pros

flexible environment

Cons

Short hours

Very good experience

- A typical day at work would be helping out customers when they needed it. I learned how to become more interactive with people when I worked at Payless.

Pros

Very nice people

Cons

Grumpy constumers

It's a great place to work.

● Organized shoe racks. ● Directed customers to the racks and suggested items. ● Multi-tasked to balance customer service and maintained the store. ● Always served customers with a smile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement