Payless ShoeSource

Cashier/Sales21 reviews
Canada21 reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,519 reviews

About my experience in Payless

I had a good experience there, but I was student that time as well and they were flexible about my time worked. I tried to do best. I had good costumer service in Payless shoe company

I loved it there...

It's really unfortunate that the company had to go down. The shoes were very affordable, and at the location I was working at, my coworkers were so much fun and I couldn't have asked for a better team. I love Payless and sad to see it go.

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Overall a good company to work for- no complaints

A typical day would include checking inventory, stocking shelves, assisting customers, cashier duties. Not a hard job, but lots to do. Would recommend to anyone.

Mediocre job

management is pretty good, not terrible but not amazing, and as long as you have a good team you get along with, it's a fun work place. The systems are super easy to use and almost no issues using them, unless there was a company wide glitch, which was rare. Only thing I could complain about is that there's little to no sitting for employees/

great company

the management was good, they were considerate and they actually saw their employees as a family, not just workers. I was happy to work for them. The company made sure that the employees were cared for.

part time job

do not wish to provide a review. I do not know what to say. I will not provide a review because I only work here part time and am not interested in advancement here

Typical retail job for students.

Will either make you work way more hours than you signed on for or, if you complain, then way less. The store is an easy target for theft which makes the pressure high on new associates. The managing of the shoe racks is also a little rediculous in regards to how the shoes are displayed.

Uplifting& relaxed environment

Out of all the places i’ve worked for, Payless shoes is BY FAR the best place I have ever worked. Relaxed environment, lots of benefits & discounts, competitive but in a fun way!! The company overall is a very giving company, for example with damaged shoes we send them to a factory to fix and then they are shipped to third world countries for free! another reason why i love payless. Being a college student, they’re super flexible with my schooling (like extremely flexible), customers are great, and my co workers are amazing. I’ve been here for 1 year, and I can’t imagine myself quitting anytime soonn!!

Pros

Uplifting, Flexible Hours, Great Management

Cons

Short shifts

Not a good place

Not a good environment to work in. Managers talk down to you like you're an animal. And the amount of work you do is not worth the pay and how management treats you. For people in Toronto I suggest not apply for the one in dufferin mall and cedabrae mall.

payless

awesome place to work, learned a lot of new things every single day and making sure each customer was satisfied with what they left with and making sure we met our daily goals

Payless is a great place for high school students. It's a job where you don't get much hours or none at all. Needs lots of improvement on the shoe boxes, how do the expected to fit big boxes on a small rack. But overall my coworkers were great manager is now a good friend of minds. Communication for the most part was good!!

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Not enough hours

Slow.

The work itself is ok but how the management in the higher levels works is slow and counterproductive in allot of cases. Its also nearly impossible to advance in the company.

Productive company

When I was working with Payless, I used to interact with different kind of customers, this gave me good experience and knowledge. Also, I improve my computer skill too

Good place to work for a part-time position during school. Balanced great with school, work. Overall it was a fun place to work in.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Long Hours

Lax Work Environment

For most non-seasonal days the store will get less customers as per most retail stores and it does get busy during seasonal times such as back to school and Christmas.

Great place to work if...

Payless is a great place to work if you have managers that actually want to work. I've been an employer here for just under two years and I must say that the appreciation i get from the customers are great, however if I got the same appreciation from my management team, I'd never leave. This place has taught me some teamwork skills that I will cherish. Some good, some bad, but in the end that is life! I'd say the hardest part of the job would be getting motivation from the management to actually love what you do, rather than just pushing you to get things done. The most enjoyable part about Payless is my co-workers and learning from them.

Pros

Cheap shoes

Cons

Not much effort from management

A typical work day at Payless Shoe Source

A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with shoe inquires, fittings, etc. Taking out the trash, ensuring the store front was presentable (clean), re-stocking and re-vamping shoes.

Pros

Sales and cashier experience.

Cons

Work environment was poor, lacked professionalism.

Best Team

We had a best team, i ever had worked. People were so friendly and caring.

ups and downs

the people I worked with were amazing, unlike my boss. my co-workers and myself made sure that the work was balanced and equal at all times. we all got along and made sales on the norm.

Pros

my co-workers

Cons

the boss

we had a great team and we try having fun when working

cleaning up peoples mess,cashing customers out ,arranging boxes and shoes,finding the right shoe sizes for cutomers and also making sure u have the right shoes in the right boxes and their have the right price tags and also security tags on them.

Best place a shoe lover

i love working there because i enjoyed everything there, it was my first customer service job and i dont regret anything about that place at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement