Payless ShoeSource

Toronto, ON37 reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,519 reviews
shoeshoesourcestoreshipmentcustomertagdiscountcustom

easy place to work

- easy place to work - clients can be difficult - hard to meet store quotas some days - can work entirely independently - interview process is super long

Productive and fun place to work.

Lots of work. Always keeps you busy which I liked. You meet a lot of new people and there is room to grow. Upper Management is great and works with your availability.

Pros

discount

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Productivity, Customer interraction

Greet customers, offer assistance, Explain promotion and explain about the product. Check promotion updates, Stay up to date with Sales and KPI, daily, weekly and monthly. Prepare weekly Target sales and how to achieve them. Prepare weekly Time sheets and update the time sheets at the end of the week. Train and coach the associates. Coach to achieve their daily conversion, UPT, DPT etc.

Pros

Flexible time table

Cons

Long hours at certain times.

manager

It was an alright company to work for before the new owner took over. The costumers are one of the worse customers I have ever seen, and the company is going bankrupt.

Productive and fun workplace

Everything was great and it helps me so much. I learn everything that I was supposed to know about it and so happy to learn about new places, also contribute what they’ve taught me

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No enough hours

Stressful and disorganized

Very little organization. Little to no order, along with the fact that management was not connected with their staff. in addition breaks were only given if you worked more then six hours.

Pros

If you needed a day off it was approved if you notified your management two weeks before.

Cons

Disorganized, no leadership, and breaks only given if worked more then six hours.

Okay place to work

It is not a bad place to work. As long as the associates do their jobs and are not lazy it makes everything easier but a lot is expected for store upkeep.

Good.

I was very nice and learning experience. I have learned customer handling and Merchandising understanding and developed Interpersonal skills. Thank you.

Overall a good company to work for- no complaints

A typical day would include checking inventory, stocking shelves, assisting customers, cashier duties. Not a hard job, but lots to do. Would recommend to anyone.

great company, great experience

I was so happy working with payless, the work load was too high but in general we had very good team. i love the styles and fashion in payless. we provided great service to them.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Payless ShoeSource?

Customer oriented

A typical day is all about customer service. I learn about client services and multitasking. As an assistant manager, I do scheduling and planning. The hardest part of the job is to stand on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part is to interact with clients.

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

There is not much for growth.

Good

Great job. I learnt much from Payless working downtown Toronto. It helped develop my analytical skills and also built composure under pressure. Wasn't very safe in the night when working late hours

Pros

30% in-store discount

Cons

Not very safe location in the night

Happy Employee

I've only been working at Payless for about a month but it's definitely a great place to advance for students and professionals alike. Great opportunity to move further and good encouragement from my team at Gerrard Square.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Standing for long periods of time

Was a good experience

When i first started working there i was 15 turning 16, it was my first job and it really gave me an experience i needed. It showed me a lot about working in a workplace, whether it was learning how to talk to customers or dealing/working with people in the workplace.

Pros

good work environment

Cons

messed up my schedule with school

Not a good place

Not a good environment to work in. Managers talk down to you like you're an animal. And the amount of work you do is not worth the pay and how management treats you. For people in Toronto I suggest not apply for the one in dufferin mall and cedabrae mall.

Great Team atmosphere

Great group of people to work with, lots of support when needed by peers, fun environment, great discounts and contests, fun styles for the whole family

Pros

The team atmosphere, great employee discounts

Cons

Heavy physical workload, long hours

Very Structured

I have spent most my Canadian life with this company. The benefits are good. The management is okay as well. They put a high standard to employees that is sometimes un achievable with the hours given.

fun place to work

it was fantastic experience working here .every was a new day with a new faces around. happy feeling always .great management. it was great feeling when someone comes to you and leaves the store with a happy face.

Pros

discounts on footware

Cons

no fixed schedual

service

Have very good customer service. They are very organized and always have a new trend coming in. Payless is one store that always treats there customers with respect.

The customers were nice, the discount was helpful. The co-workers were easy to get along with. The return policy is fantastic (which is nice because t

I have been working at Payless ShoeSource full-time. With a long term committment and strong work ethic you can earn bonuses if your store performs well, and pay raises yearly.

Pros

I have been working at Payless ShoeSource full-time

Very good experience

- A typical day at work would be helping out customers when they needed it. I learned how to become more interactive with people when I worked at Payless.

Pros

Very nice people

Cons

Grumpy constumers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement