Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

Scarborough, ON11 reviews

3.1Job security & advancement

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,561 reviews

Fast paced sales and hard working environment

Depending on the amount of customers, work is easy going, fun, and educational. The experience has taught me valuable customer service skills, being a team member, collaborating with other, understanding how to operate cash, knowing about product inventory and enhancing communication skills.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

not enough hours given

Fun workplace and a really good environment.

I was treated with great respects, my fellow employees made me very comfortable, and helped me a lot. I enjoyed meeting new people and working. I learned a lot of things from this company.

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun

It was good overall, never really ran into any issues while working here. Very chill environment. Management was well. got the chance to work full time here, and enjoyed every moment

People oriented environment

Typical day at Payless Shoesource starts with greeting customers and assisting customers to help them find the best fit shoe that they are looking for. One of the biggest achievements I made at Payless Shoesource was I successfully increased the sales target of 24 transactions during the promotional event in one hour period. The management was well organized, everyday as a team we would come of with innovative and effective ways to promote the mission and values of Payless Shoesource that help increase the sales target as well. I learned how to do inventory audits in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part at work was helping customers and making them feel satisfied.

Pros

Learned alot about management

Cons

Keeping up with sales target

It's a great place to work.

● Organized shoe racks. ● Directed customers to the racks and suggested items. ● Multi-tasked to balance customer service and maintained the store. ● Always served customers with a smile.

It was a productive and fun workplace

-A typical day at work would be ringing up sales. -What I learned was how to organize merchandise by looking at their codes. -I loved my coworkers they were very friendly and cooperative. -The hardest part of the job was probably the heavy lifting. -The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in to work because I really loved the experience and the work atmosphere.

Pros

-Free lucnhes

Cons

-There were no cons

Great

typical work day with meeting sales and other company goals. I enhanced my customer service skills extensively. I loved meeting new people, helping everyone with their desired purchase

Good place for part-time job

Typical day would be a easy day, just provide great customer service and make a good sales for the company. Gained great customer service experience. Balance between customer service and task is the hardest part of this job. Helping customer to find the right product and guide them accordingly is the most enjoyable part.

Fun working place

Day to day store oprations Finding Good associates to be in the team helped Opene New stores for the distric

Great costumer service

- greeting costumers and help them with their needs- learned about fashion and the trends- friendly co-workers- friendly environment

Pros

friendly staff

Excellent place to work

I work there as a sales associate, people at Payless Shoesource have excellent values for customer service. They respect and provide professional help to all the customers entering the store. The management is excellent, we have a flexible schedule and we all treat each other with respect and dignity. It is like a second home for all of us where we can share any problems and often get together and celebrate our team commitment. The most enjoyable part of the job are little friendly contests where all associates are give equal opportunity to participate in a friendly competition among others. Overall it is a great place for anyone interested in retail and sales and you really get to learn so much from customer interactions and experiences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement