Payless ShoeSource

Ottawa, ON13 reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,560 reviews
shoeshoesourcestoreshipmentcustomertagdiscountcustom

Fun place

Good company to work for. coworkers are very nice and friendly, easy to get along with. Managers and district managers are very nice and understanding. Only downside was working three hours a day, so pay checks weren't as exciting as they should be.

Pros

fun, always busy

Cons

short hours, staying till midnight for audits

amazing coworkers/ environment, awful management

My time at pay less was over a year and I got the joy of working with some really amazing people, my coworkers became my best friends, and that's really the only plus side from this company. the management is absolutely horrible and the district manger has very little respect for store associates. stores will be left without managers and assistant managers for months and the key holder is expected to run the store. the company is a mess, HR is a joke, no matter what they will take the customers side in a situation and lastly, no manager or anyone in HR could care less about the associates or how they are being treated. save your self and don't apply here.

Pros

great coworkers

Cons

awful management

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Strong community with part-time hours

A typical day involves a great deal of customer service. Smaller tasks included stocking shelves and tagging sales. The management was supportive and the workplace culture was positive.

Great people, not enough hours

A typical day at Payless would be greeting customers, measuring children's feet, suggesting styles and finding different sizes and options for clients. Management is very kind and flexible generally with things like holidays and availability, but the high amount of workers means it's almost guaranteed that you won't have more than 15 hours per week.

Pros

Chill work environment, fun coworkers

Cons

Few hours, hard to move up

Enjoyable place to work

I love working here, the customers, location and management are beyond my expectations. The only complaint I have is that Key-holders make the same as other associates even though there is a large difference in expectations and responsibilities.

fun place to work at

get it a try, not too bad to work at, make sure you really like what your doing. pay not so good, co-workers really nice but its all about number

Pros

never

Cons

short shifts

Fun work environment

It was fun to build up displays in the window and use our creativity. Great store and fun customers to help and find deals they are looking for.

Pros

cheaper shoes and accessories

Cons

Quality of shoes do not last

Fun workplace, great staff

Working at Payless I've improved on customer service, how to mark sales on product and how to inform the customers of the promotions that are going on, etc.

Pros

Great staff, very professional, fun work environment.

Productive environment to work at.

A typical day working at Payless involved sharing promotion and sales with customers, unloading shipment, and satisfying customer needs. We learn to always put the customer first in every situation. I have also gained communication, and learning skills. The management and co-workers are great at Payless.

team work and fair shifts

I have been working at Payless for four years. For a retail store, it has had very little turnover of it's employees. The manager has been working at the company for years and is very fair in assigning shifts, working around schedules and resolving in-store conflicts. I have been able to improve my confidence by learning how to approach customers, improve my communication skills and develop my inter-professional skills. I work with a great team who have been working at the store a while and are well versed in their jobs. My typical day at work would include working with customers, dealing with transactions, cleaning the store, handling paperwork, bringing the deposit to the bank and closing the store. The hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers, however conflicts are resolved easily through the stores policy and are supported by our manager. The most enjoyable part is the team I work with who are excellent workers and help me become a better employee.

Pros

supportive staff, fair shifts

Cons

testy customers

fun workplace . nice co-workers

i would be at the cashier majority of the time assisting customers. would really go around and help our customers on their journey threw buying and trying on the shoes. i learned about conversion, witch i was great at. the hardest part of the job was the start when i would have to learn all the shoes , but it was also very fun.

Pros

great coo-workers

Cons

not enough hours

Lot of work,very busy most of the time,have good communication with other employees

Everyday there is something different things to do,receive shipment,place shoes boxes in correct sizes, everybody at work gets along well, when new people are hired we explain how things work,whats wrong and what is not. There isnt a hard part ,I always try to see things positive and help customers with what they need.

Pros

get discounts for associates to buy shoes

Cons

give you flexibles hours and also if you need hours they will give it to you

Learn suggestive selling

Challenged to meet daily targets which can be very exciting and I enjoy it.

Pros

stretch yourself

Cons

limited opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement