Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews in London, ON

London, ON9 reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,518 reviews

Good People

I have worked with a lot of people at payless and I have appreciated every single one of them. I have been here for 7 years and I am only leaving because they are closing all locations.

My experience with Payless was that the management uses lower staff to do all the duties they don’t want to do. Things such as running shipment, presentation changes, sale changes, etc. Very micromanaged at this company. And no chance of advancing after almost 2 years without having to relocate. Not for a retail job! Also only received 30% discount which was less than customers discounts half the time.

Pros

Cons

Lots of work, no incentives, no benefits

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

got fired for reporting my assistant mamager

Managers were awful, they definitely have favorites and love to abuse employees and if you ever report them you will be fired. Id avoid working here if possible.

Pros

ok discount

Cons

managers are terrible people

Fast pace retail outlet

Payless is a great place to work. The job includes selling to customers, putting away stock and dealing with sale changes. Working here was a great experience.

Pros

discounts

Cons

declining company

A typical work day at Payless Shoe Source

A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with shoe inquires, fittings, etc. Taking out the trash, ensuring the store front was presentable (clean), re-stocking and re-vamping shoes.

Pros

Sales and cashier experience.

Cons

Work environment was poor, lacked professionalism.

Bad Work Environment

This particular Payless was not a pleasant work environment.

Very hect and unorganized

Not enough hours for part timers, Also only full time staff get benefits. Not worth working there for minimum wage pay

Exciting and Diverse workplace

Customer service is a crucial part of the Payless family. We lean towards satifying the customer even after they leave the store. Our manager is a delight to work with, she is fun, has fresh and new ideas all the time, and makes sure that we are kept upto date with our documentation.

Pros

Working as a team

Cons

shorter breaks

Key Holder Sales Associate

Payless Shoe Source training includes product knowledge, opening and closing duties, stocking, point of sale operation and sales engagement strategies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement