Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews in Kelowna, BC

Kelowna, BC4 reviews

Found 4 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,561 reviews

Productive Workplace

Good workplace, with experience as a cashier, stocking merchandise, helping customers. Average pay, with opportunity for advancement. Good work atmosphere with team members.

Productive and fun place to work

Interacting with customers and staff was fun. It was busy and productive. Different promotions every day meant changing prices and using your knowledge to help customers.

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Typical Retail Environment

The job itself is is what anyone might expect of a retail position. A typical day consists of helping customers, and basic tasking such as merchandising, tidying, running stock, ordering supplies, and maintaining full racks and displays. The store staff in my store is fun, and friendly to work with, while still being productive, and made the balance of work life and personal life easy to manage. Other stores typically had higher turnover due to students working part time for the school year, or only in the summer. The company itself has a tendency to micro-manage the store management and staff, while not providing sufficient training resources or requirements for the management level.

Pros

Discount shoes, flexible hours

Cons

minimum wage start, high turnover in most stores

Good company and great managers.

It was a great little job for me while I was in Kelowna B.C for 8 months they were very flexible with me coming and leaving in such a short time. It was a good company and my managers we're very nice they even hired me at the other store in Kelowna so they could give me full time hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement