Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews in Corner Brook, NL

Corner Brook, NL3 reviews

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,561 reviews
shoeshoesourcestoreshipmentcustomertagdiscountcustom

Payless was the best job i ever had

Loved working at payless. I was very disappointed when they closed. Management was very good. Our dl was very fair and she expected great sales and customer service. She treated her staff with respect and she got that respect back. We had a dedicated, hardworking staff.

Amazing workplace with great co-workers!

A typical day at Payless consists of vamping - which is making sure the stock that people buy is in the right place, looking neat and tidy - cleaning, dusting, customer service, using communication skills, using the cash, making calls to customers or answering the phone, and basically having fun. I've never had a job that was more enjoyable than Payless. I learned how things work in a huge chain store such as this one, where shipments don't always come in even though you need them, and sometimes when you get them, it isn't what the store needs. I learned that there are different words for the same jobs in different companies - for example, vamping is called zoning in Walmart. And I also learned that co-workers are everything when it comes to having an enjoyable work place. Management was amazing here, and you could get no better. They made sure everything was suitable for you as well as the store, and always took into consideration any obstacles that you needed to overcome. Co-workers were the absolute best. Like I said above, they are everything when it comes to an enjoyable work place. Being able to connect and become friends with your co-workers is a great feeling. The hardest part of the job is probably not being able to find what a customer wants. You feel disappointed in yourself because you weren't able to complete your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the sale and getting the points up for the store, but also knowing you did your job extremely well.

Pros

Discounts, Co-workers, Small workplace

Cons

Lack of hours

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Job Summary

Assisting customers with finding proper footwear, operating cash register. The hardest part was we had no manager, and i was pushed in the role without being asked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement