Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews in Burlington, ON

Burlington, ON5 reviews

3.1Pay & benefits

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,518 reviews

Small retail store with relatively friendly staff

The work environment was mostly relaxed and fun, my coworkers were friendly and became like family. Problems with upper management and a failure to keep up with modern business practices caused the company to go bankrupt, so obviously would not recommend applying as they no longer exist.

Pros

relaxed environment, friendly coworkers, generous employee discounts

Cons

outdated policies, no online store, bad upper management.

great

enjoyable work environment that teaches a lot about team work and accomplishing team goals. Easy to learn work, pay was good and not too stressful, good time.

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Mediocre job

management is pretty good, not terrible but not amazing, and as long as you have a good team you get along with, it's a fun work place. The systems are super easy to use and almost no issues using them, unless there was a company wide glitch, which was rare. Only thing I could complain about is that there's little to no sitting for employees/

A Friendly and Insightful work experience

I've enjoyed working here; it's not my dream job but it's been pleasant for what it's worth. My coworkers and I get along and my managers have been agreeable and understanding. There can be some inconsistency and lack of communication among management but it hasn't been a hinderance to our work ethic or routine for the most part. I don't exactly agree with the company's security and loss prevention protocol either; it is very easy for customers to walk out with our products undetected and shoplifting is inevitable, even with multiple people on the floor. Like every job in the service industry you'll run into some pretty lousy customers, but every now and then you'll find yourself working with some folks who are an absolute delight to be serving. There is almost no existing toxicity in our work environment and I haven't felt the desire to resign, which I find in and of itself to be a blessing.

Excellent

- positive attitude - horrible pay - fun atmosphere - organized - efficient It was fun to work there but some of the management was unorganized, useless and disrespectful. The pay was also awful but it was an interesting experience and i learned a lot.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Payless ShoeSource?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement