Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,572 reviews
shoeshoesourcestoreshipmentcustomertagdiscountcustom

Don't recommend

Okay place hated working at the company Management was bad. Bad was very unprofessional of a manager. Great always followed rules. You can find a better job

Rewarding and satisfying

Excellent customer service training, assistance was available when needed, great District Managers, great friendship amongst Store Managers and associates. Zero micromanagement, allow to run store.

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Payless

Great company to work for. Enjoyed my time there. Good payThe company cared about its employees. Long hours but enjoyed what I did. Thank you for your time

Fun job, not difficult

Payless was a fun place to work because the people I worked with were great. The pay was not great, but better than other jobs. Management was mostly supportive.

A mess

No Chain of commands but higher pay for some while everyone does the same job. Management was always switching. A simple job made over complicated and witness other employees rude to customers.

Great Experience for Retail

I loved working at this small store and gained a lot of experience/ knowledge of the retail industry. I ended up advancing really quickly through this career path.

Pros

Benefits, Work Advancement

Cons

Low pay, not flexible

Lots of work for little pay

It was the bare minimum pay for a lot of expectations and work. You’re expected to harass customers until they buy something to meet the daily/monthly goals.

Horrible experience

Business entered second bankruptcy and laid off employees with little notice. Survival mode so no advancement opportunities. Owners drained Payless dry.

learn lot from them

no longer in operation in Canada and in US still do on line orders. great company to start and learn. had a variety of brands and full size range it was fun working

Productive and sometimes a fun place to work.

I was employed by Payless for over 25 years. I stayed there because of the great hours, The ability to make my own schedule and the relationships built.

Pros

Quarterly bonuses pay rate health benefits

Cons

Hiring process . Selling items other than footwear related

Not great, not bad

The job was a learning experience. The management was good and I moved up pretty quickly. I got to learn how to work in the retail field. However, pay sucked.

Was a great place to gain retail experience

Payless was a great starter company for anyone looking to break into the retail industry. The pay was minimum wage and the hours were somewhat flexible. Management varied by location.

It’s ok

It’s a pretty easy job but there’s no type of advancement in this job though and at my specific store managers did nothing. So if your looking for a easy job this is for you !

Rude

Sucked no hours and upper management was cruel and mean. Did like all the other employees. Was working good hours at first then dropped dramatically.

fun but gets kinda boring

I spent most of the time cleaning up after ungrateful customers, or chatting with my coworker about something to get the music out of my head. but hey atleast i got to memorizxe some cheesy classics.

What I learn in my job

Different kind of new positions, cashier, greeting , friendly, cash handling , dealing with customers and past on what they need . Enjoying part our job

Nice Highschool Job

Super easy to catch on, got decent hours while in school, work is pretty repetitive and you work with customers a lot. The pay wasn’t too much but it was a easy job.

Good for younger group

I loved working there mainly because the staff was amazing and easy to work with. Especially the manager who treated us fairly and with great respect. I hate how there were quotas to sell but so far that's my only negative part for the Job.

Fun workplace

Great place toWork. FlexibleSchedule and great working environment. Overall, the experience was great and managers were always willing to help and accommodate when need it.

Uncaring

Terrible company that did not care about their employees. Expected to multi task all day without payroll for others to work. If you like working alone and expected to do it all,this is the company for you

Pros

going home at the end of the day

Cons

Too many to list

Great company

I learned a lot in this company, I was always surrounded myself by great associates and I was lucky enough to have great bosses. Benefits were great and pay was ok.

Pros

Good benefits, great associates and managers.

Cons

Health Care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement