Payless ShoeSource
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
View all Payless ShoeSource reviews

Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Review

Stand alone store great hours but lots of down time

Good place overall to work. Lots of down time due to being a stand alone store. Worked alone quite a bit. I found that I was cleaning a lot just to keep busy. Also found the shoes didn't change over much from season to season so hard to see last seasons styles.

Pros

lots of down time

Cons

flexible schedule

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Can be stressful, but overall fun

I worked at Payless ShoeSource for nearly 2 decades. I found they treated their employees quite well if their work performance warranted it. It was a lot of work with large shipments, changing promotions every couple weeks (tagging many boxes of shoes individually), and balancing customers with maintaining the store. Even though some days were a challenge, it is still my favourite job I've ever had. I miss the people I had the opportunity to work with.
Same role

Stressful

overall it's a stressful environment, often understaffed to offset the busiest times of the day, You can't schedule employees for a 3 hour or split shift every day. You have to be on your toes and often the workload is extreme.
Same location

Required some travel and the wage did not compensate

The manager at the store was good but I was required to work at some stores that were quite a distance and there was no compensation for the travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Payless ShoeSource with

• Payless ShoeSource
  • Stand alone store great hours but lots of down time