Payless ShoeSource
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
View all Payless ShoeSource reviews

Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Review

Productive and fun place to work.

Lots of work. Always keeps you busy which I liked. You meet a lot of new people and there is room to grow. Upper Management is great and works with your availability.

Pros

discount

Cons

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Can be stressful, but overall fun

I worked at Payless ShoeSource for nearly 2 decades. I found they treated their employees quite well if their work performance warranted it. It was a lot of work with large shipments, changing promotions every couple weeks (tagging many boxes of shoes individually), and balancing customers with maintaining the store. Even though some days were a challenge, it is still my favourite job I've ever had. I miss the people I had the opportunity to work with.
Same role

Stressful

overall it's a stressful environment, often understaffed to offset the busiest times of the day, You can't schedule employees for a 3 hour or split shift every day. You have to be on your toes and often the workload is extreme.
Same location

Was a great place to gain retail experience

Payless was a great starter company for anyone looking to break into the retail industry. The pay was minimum wage and the hours were somewhat flexible. Management varied by location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Payless ShoeSource with

• Payless ShoeSource
  • Productive and fun place to work.