Payless ShoeSource
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
View all Payless ShoeSource reviews

Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Review

Payless was the best job i ever had

Loved working at payless. I was very disappointed when they closed. Management was very good. Our dl was very fair and she expected great sales and customer service. She treated her staff with respect and she got that respect back. We had a dedicated, hardworking staff.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Can be stressful, but overall fun

I worked at Payless ShoeSource for nearly 2 decades. I found they treated their employees quite well if their work performance warranted it. It was a lot of work with large shipments, changing promotions every couple weeks (tagging many boxes of shoes individually), and balancing customers with maintaining the store. Even though some days were a challenge, it is still my favourite job I've ever had. I miss the people I had the opportunity to work with.
Same role

Stressful

overall it's a stressful environment, often understaffed to offset the busiest times of the day, You can't schedule employees for a 3 hour or split shift every day. You have to be on your toes and often the workload is extreme.
Same location

Amazing workplace with great co-workers!

A typical day at Payless consists of vamping - which is making sure the stock that people buy is in the right place, looking neat and tidy - cleaning, dusting, customer service, using communication skills, using the cash, making calls to customers or answering the phone, and basically having fun. I've never had a job that was more enjoyable than Payless. I learned how things work in a huge chain store such as this one, where shipments don't always come in even though you need them, and sometimes when you get them, it isn't what the store needs. I learned that there are different words for the same jobs in different companies - for example, vamping is called zoning in Walmart. And I also learned that co-workers are everything when it comes to having an enjoyable work place. Management was amazing here, and you could get no better. They made sure everything was suitable for you as well as the store, and always took into consideration any obstacles that you needed to overcome. Co-workers were the absolute best. Like I said above, they are everything when it comes to an enjoyable work place. Being able to connect and become friends with your co-workers is a great feeling. The hardest part of the job is probably not being able to find what a customer wants. You feel disappointed in yourself because you weren't able to complete your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the sale and getting the points up for the store, but also knowing you did your job extremely well.

Pros

Discounts, Co-workers, Small workplace

Cons

Lack of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Payless ShoeSource with

• Payless ShoeSource
  • Payless was the best job i ever had