Payless ShoeSource
Happiness score is 71 out of 100
View all Payless ShoeSource reviews

Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Review

My experience with Payless was that the management uses lower staff to do all the duties they don’t want to do. Things such as running shipment, presentation changes, sale changes, etc. Very micromanaged at this company. And no chance of advancing after almost 2 years without having to relocate. Not for a retail job! Also only received 30% discount which was less than customers discounts half the time.

Pros

Cons

Lots of work, no incentives, no benefits

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Small retail store with relatively friendly staff

The work environment was mostly relaxed and fun, my coworkers were friendly and became like family. Problems with upper management and a failure to keep up with modern business practices caused the company to go bankrupt, so obviously would not recommend applying as they no longer exist.

Pros

relaxed environment, friendly coworkers, generous employee discounts

Cons

outdated policies, no online store, bad upper management.
Same role

easy place to work

- easy place to work - clients can be difficult - hard to meet store quotas some days - can work entirely independently - interview process is super long
Same location

Good People

I have worked with a lot of people at payless and I have appreciated every single one of them. I have been here for 7 years and I am only leaving because they are closing all locations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement