Payless ShoeSource
View all Payless ShoeSource reviews

Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Review

Nepotism personified

Your job is secure depending on your district leader or group leader and if you feed their egos. With lots of years experience within the company, you get no room for advancement after becoming a store leader even though your store out performs its kpi's, unprofessional behavior and comments from direct management. Rotating management should be done often instead of settling down managers because they live close by but cannot perform well in their jobs.

Pros

Discounts and great customers who make you feel better about your job

Cons

Long hours, no home time and poor payroll

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Can be stressful, but overall fun

I worked at Payless ShoeSource for nearly 2 decades. I found they treated their employees quite well if their work performance warranted it. It was a lot of work with large shipments, changing promotions every couple weeks (tagging many boxes of shoes individually), and balancing customers with maintaining the store. Even though some days were a challenge, it is still my favourite job I've ever had. I miss the people I had the opportunity to work with.

Stressful

overall it's a stressful environment, often understaffed to offset the busiest times of the day, You can't schedule employees for a 3 hour or split shift every day. You have to be on your toes and often the workload is extreme.
Same role

Payless is no longer in Canada.

Payless is no longer in Canada. It was a great company to work for. It was very sad to see them leave. I love working with people and the team I had in every store I managed where amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement