Payless ShoeSource
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
View all Payless ShoeSource reviews

Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Review

It was a fun company to work for

Payless Shoe Source was a great company to work for, management noticed associates potential and promotions were bases on that. I worked for this company for 16 years, since arriving in Canada, I began my career as a Sales Associate and became a Multi Store Leader, created a great relationship with all, from sales associates, Assistant Managers, group Leaders, District Leaders, it was and still is very sad to know this company declared bankruptcy.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Can be stressful, but overall fun

I worked at Payless ShoeSource for nearly 2 decades. I found they treated their employees quite well if their work performance warranted it. It was a lot of work with large shipments, changing promotions every couple weeks (tagging many boxes of shoes individually), and balancing customers with maintaining the store. Even though some days were a challenge, it is still my favourite job I've ever had. I miss the people I had the opportunity to work with.
Same role

Stressful

overall it's a stressful environment, often understaffed to offset the busiest times of the day, You can't schedule employees for a 3 hour or split shift every day. You have to be on your toes and often the workload is extreme.
Same location

amazing work place

i had so much fun working at payless, my co-workers were amazing, there was a good customer flow. I also like where the store is situated being inside the mall its close to every other store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Payless ShoeSource with

• Payless ShoeSource
  • It was a fun company to work for