Payless ShoeSource
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
View all Payless ShoeSource reviews

Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Review

Great culture and great fellow associates

Great place to have come up through the ranks to learn all about retail management. Only reason for leaving Payless Shoesource was that the company filed for bankruptcy earlier this year .I'm sure l would still be employed with them if bankruptcy had not happened. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Can be stressful, but overall fun

I worked at Payless ShoeSource for nearly 2 decades. I found they treated their employees quite well if their work performance warranted it. It was a lot of work with large shipments, changing promotions every couple weeks (tagging many boxes of shoes individually), and balancing customers with maintaining the store. Even though some days were a challenge, it is still my favourite job I've ever had. I miss the people I had the opportunity to work with.
Same role

Stressful

overall it's a stressful environment, often understaffed to offset the busiest times of the day, You can't schedule employees for a 3 hour or split shift every day. You have to be on your toes and often the workload is extreme.
Same location

Great Staff enviroment , fun and productive place to work

Greeting customers and determining what they were looking for, helping with opinions on what they were trying on and showing other shoes, ringing in at cash, Thanking Them for coming and hopefully returning, create comfortable shopping experience, end of shift cash reports and deposit. Banks runs with deposit, scheduling, training, interviews. Learned a lot from my Manager she was very helpful in my training as Assistant Manager. Staff was great and easy to work with. Hardest part was standing on the cement floors for a 8 plus shift,comfortable shoes were an asset.Getting to know our customers and having many regulars and being able to help them in there shoe hunt and purchase.

Pros

Benefits

Cons

standing for long periods

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Payless ShoeSource with

• Payless ShoeSource
  • Great culture and great fellow associates