Payless ShoeSource
View all Payless ShoeSource reviews

Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Review

Good People

I have worked with a lot of people at payless and I have appreciated every single one of them. I have been here for 7 years and I am only leaving because they are closing all locations.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Can be stressful, but overall fun

I worked at Payless ShoeSource for nearly 2 decades. I found they treated their employees quite well if their work performance warranted it. It was a lot of work with large shipments, changing promotions every couple weeks (tagging many boxes of shoes individually), and balancing customers with maintaining the store. Even though some days were a challenge, it is still my favourite job I've ever had. I miss the people I had the opportunity to work with.
Same role

Stressful

overall it's a stressful environment, often understaffed to offset the busiest times of the day, You can't schedule employees for a 3 hour or split shift every day. You have to be on your toes and often the workload is extreme.
Same location

My experience with Payless was that the management uses lower staff to do all the duties they don’t want to do. Things such as running shipment, presentation changes, sale changes, etc. Very micromanaged at this company. And no chance of advancing after almost 2 years without having to relocate. Not for a retail job! Also only received 30% discount which was less than customers discounts half the time.

Pros

Cons

Lots of work, no incentives, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement