Payless ShoeSource
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
View all Payless ShoeSource reviews

Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Review

Fun fast-paced environment stressing excellent customer service

A fun, fast-paced environment building great customer service in selling mens, woman's and childrens shoes and accessories. Management was very supportive in growth within the company and in store training.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Can be stressful, but overall fun

I worked at Payless ShoeSource for nearly 2 decades. I found they treated their employees quite well if their work performance warranted it. It was a lot of work with large shipments, changing promotions every couple weeks (tagging many boxes of shoes individually), and balancing customers with maintaining the store. Even though some days were a challenge, it is still my favourite job I've ever had. I miss the people I had the opportunity to work with.
Same role

Stressful

overall it's a stressful environment, often understaffed to offset the busiest times of the day, You can't schedule employees for a 3 hour or split shift every day. You have to be on your toes and often the workload is extreme.
Same location

Fast paced

It’s a retail job at the end of the day. Corporate was clueless. Always working holidays but usually had a flexibly schedule. All in all decent place

Pros

Great discount

Cons

Confusing task contastantly busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Payless ShoeSource with

• Payless ShoeSource
  • Fun fast-paced environment stressing excellent customer service