Payless ShoeSource
Happiness score is 70 out of 100
View all Payless ShoeSource reviews

Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Review

Can be stressful, but overall fun

I worked at Payless ShoeSource for nearly 2 decades. I found they treated their employees quite well if their work performance warranted it. It was a lot of work with large shipments, changing promotions every couple weeks (tagging many boxes of shoes individually), and balancing customers with maintaining the store. Even though some days were a challenge, it is still my favourite job I've ever had. I miss the people I had the opportunity to work with.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful

overall it's a stressful environment, often understaffed to offset the busiest times of the day, You can't schedule employees for a 3 hour or split shift every day. You have to be on your toes and often the workload is extreme.
Same role

Payless is no longer in Canada.

Payless is no longer in Canada. It was a great company to work for. It was very sad to see them leave. I love working with people and the team I had in every store I managed where amazing.
Same location

Learning experience.

It was a great place to work, I learned a lot of new things. My boss was an awesome leader. I had a wonderful experience learning about the shoe industry. The hardest part was getting the shoes in order on the shelves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Payless ShoeSource with

• Payless ShoeSource
  • Can be stressful, but overall fun