Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

Found 300 reviews matching the search See all 4,105 reviews
trop d'heures, trop de papiers
Gérant de magasin (Current Employee) –  Grand Montreal8 August 2018
45h par semaine minimum, trop de documents a remplir pour rien.
Mediocre job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 August 2018
management is pretty good, not terrible but not amazing, and as long as you have a good team you get along with, it's a fun work place. The systems are super easy to use and almost no issues using them, unless there was a company wide glitch, which was rare. Only thing I could complain about is that there's little to no sitting for employees/
workplace culture
Assistante leader de magasin (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 July 2018
Excellent environment, respect at enjoyable job.Cultural diversity, personal growth, salary increases depending on productivity. Payless sees the employee as part of the great family
Pros
Salary increases depending on productivity
Cons
Short pauses
Excelent workplace invironment
Associate (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC12 July 2018
It is a good for those who wish to enter the retail and clothing industry. You learn how to multi task and juggle customer service with the general running of the store.
Pros
You choose when to eat or drink
Cons
Only one break per day if you work over five hours
good staff, regular schedule
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON9 July 2018
Staff is always well treated, routine is kept regularly, not difficult to understand tasks. Work is repetitive and easy to organize during your shift.
Stand alone store great hours but lots of down time
ASSISTANT STORE LEADER (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB5 July 2018
Good place overall to work. Lots of down time due to being a stand alone store. Worked alone quite a bit.
I found that I was cleaning a lot just to keep busy. Also found the shoes didn't change over much from season to season so hard to see last seasons styles.
Pros
lots of down time
Cons
flexible schedule
fun place to work with young people
Part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 July 2018
busy day with lots to do and fun customer interaction. there was never a dull moment at payless, there was always work to be done and kept busy with. it was especially very nice interacting with customers one on one.
good
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 June 2018
This is a good place to work, as a first job. although, there is a large amount of memorizing. you must memorize the entire order of the store, such as what shoe companies go in what order
Pros
braks
Great Place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 June 2018
I liked the job. I worked with a great team. All the employees where nice hard working and understanding. We all worked to achieve the daily goals that we needed to meet.
Easy Going Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 June 2018
A typical day is basically a lot of cleaning and organizing of the shelves and the shoes. Its basic customer service and an easy touch screen register data source. Management is questionable. Hardest part of the job is Payless does not really have a set guideline of rules so this makes it difficult to enforce some rules to customers. Working there has made us all become one big family.
Pros
Working with people who make your day go by fast
Cons
Hours are short
I enjoyed working for this company but found advancement difficult and the pay grade did not increase.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS14 June 2018
A typical day at work would involve selling shoes to adults and children, getting shoes ready to be put out on the floor, taking money for the shoes, trying to upsell and keeping the store clean, I learned that men need shoes, women love shoes and kids get happy when you buy them shoes. The management was difficult to communicate with and untrusting. The hardest part of the job was watching younger people come in and get more responsibility that I had. The most enjoyable part was working with kids to find shoes they and their parents could agree on.
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 June 2018
Great job for those in school or needing to make ends meet. As long as you have good management and coworkers, you'll have a good time.
If you are someone who appreciated building something and making improvements, Payless is always looking for those who can help make the company a better place.
a fun place and awesome people to work with
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Dixie, ON6 June 2018
i love working there with my coworkers they are amazing people but costumers are usually annoying and want stuff for almost free and expect us to break the rules to change the price for them and to make it cheaper. also part timers get no benefits and not many hours but full time workers have many benefits. also the head office expect s us to do soo much which is sometimes not possible to get done when they dont give enough hours to make more people work.
Mediocre experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC5 June 2018
Worked with Payless for almost 4 years. Management sucks and the goals are ridiculous sometimes. But overall, if you're starting out in retail and wanting to get out of your shell, this is a good place to start until you realize you're worth more.
Busy multi-tasking
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 June 2018
A typical day, receive the shipment, unpack, sensor tag, promo tag and run product, keep racks clean, organized, and properly price tagged all while managing customers. Multi-tasking is Key.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
always busy
The place to work if you're into fashion
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON23 May 2018
Great staff, great management however would prefer more hours and time to grow within the company. Payroll usually is slow, but the work is easy going.
Pros
Staff, Discounts
Cons
Working alone when busy, lack of payroll/hours
enjoyable and good coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Caledon, ON22 May 2018
Always learning new things at work and always look forward to going to work. Need to learn how to make sales and also how to organize the store accordingly to the management. Be ready for constant changes.
alright
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2018
not that great to work with the management. the employees are good and friendly and can get along with some of them easily depending on the location, but others are hostile and rude . training is not great either.
Under paid
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 May 2018
I think management was not very good when I worked here. There was no real training, manager was always complaining and wanting days off. I was over worked and forced to take on more responsibility than I signed up for and was making minimum wage with no benefits so I ended up leaving.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Ling hours, under paid
great company
Cashier/Salesperson/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2018
the management was good, they were considerate and they actually saw their employees as a family, not just workers. I was happy to work for them. The company made sure that the employees were cared for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K