Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

enjoyable and good coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Caledon, ON22 May 2018
Always learning new things at work and always look forward to going to work. Need to learn how to make sales and also how to organize the store accordingly to the management. Be ready for constant changes.
alright
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2018
not that great to work with the management. the employees are good and friendly and can get along with some of them easily depending on the location, but others are hostile and rude . training is not great either.
Under paid
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 May 2018
I think management was not very good when I worked here. There was no real training, manager was always complaining and wanting days off. I was over worked and forced to take on more responsibility than I signed up for and was making minimum wage with no benefits so I ended up leaving.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Ling hours, under paid
loved the atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 April 2018
had a really great time working with everyone ! hardest part of the job was closing because the customers would leave the store a HUGE mess. over all amazing time wokring at payless.
Great family atmosphere
Been a Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2018
very family friendly, create great teams and amazing training...lots of discounts and perks and kuddos given when allowed..Payless was home away from and family for me
Pros
benefits and discounts family
Sales associate at Payless
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 April 2018
at Payless my Team I am working with is great. My Manager is the most wonderful person and a very inspiring leader. no one wants to leave once they come in. because the teammates and the manager are so wonderful plus to top it up Payless offers amazing employee discounts. i love my job.
Pros
50% discount -once a month, 30% discount- through out.
Cons
in winter you hardly get 1-2 shifts a week. about 4 hours minimum -8 maximum for part timers.
Customer oriented
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
A typical day is all about customer service. I learn about client services and multitasking. As an assistant manager, I do scheduling and planning. The hardest part of the job is to stand on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part is to interact with clients.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
There is not much for growth.
part time job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
do not wish to provide a review. I do not know what to say. I will not provide a review because I only work here part time and am not interested in advancement here
Great team. Little room for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 April 2018
I loved my time working for this company, I loved my coworkers and managers. The discount on shoes was amazing but there was little movement for raises or advancement.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2018
Great job. I learnt much from Payless working downtown Toronto. It helped develop my analytical skills and also built composure under pressure. Wasn't very safe in the night when working late hours
Pros
30% in-store discount
Cons
Not very safe location in the night
Typical retail job for students.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 April 2018
Will either make you work way more hours than you signed on for or, if you complain, then way less. The store is an easy target for theft which makes the pressure high on new associates. The managing of the shoe racks is also a little rediculous in regards to how the shoes are displayed.
Payless st albert
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
Payless is great place to work , long hours no over time for salary workers , again great customers at this branch , always something to do , pride in there stores
Pros
Good products
Great Manager
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 April 2018
A great manager makes all the difference when working for a corporate-run business. I worked at a high-volume location, making the job more fun. The team was small, but mostly got along well. There was room for advancement, if you could work full-time. Pay was minimal, and raises were small. No health benefits.
productive
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 April 2018
Payless provides great opportunities to improvise an individual competencies and knowledge. The workplace culture is very diverse and friendly, which encourages workers to perform better.
Typical Retail Environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 March 2018
The job itself is is what anyone might expect of a retail position. A typical day consists of helping customers, and basic tasking such as merchandising, tidying, running stock, ordering supplies, and maintaining full racks and displays. The store staff in my store is fun, and friendly to work with, while still being productive, and made the balance of work life and personal life easy to manage. Other stores typically had higher turnover due to students working part time for the school year, or only in the summer. The company itself has a tendency to micro-manage the store management and staff, while not providing sufficient training resources or requirements for the management level.
Pros
Discount shoes, flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage start, high turnover in most stores
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK23 March 2018
Needs lot of physical strain. However, the work overall is good. Management is very approachable and cooperating. But, the physical strain is very challenging sometimes. The work never seems to get done.
Nice and friendly work place
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON3 March 2018
It is a very nice place to work, my co-workers are amazing, pretty friendly.
I do enjoy working there, because I have the opportunity to talk to different kind of people, relate with them and learn from them.
The more you engage with customers, the more you learn.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not enough hours
payless shoe
Payless shoe source (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 February 2018
i like there and i was working there and everybody is nice there and they help me alot and if i need help and sometime they get mad at me and they really like me
lots of shoes
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON26 February 2018
Controlled cash floats including balancing and depositing daily earnings
Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise for purchase
Responsible for opening and closing the store
Key holder
Assisting customers with choices and provide information about the product in question
Manage inventory, order stock and stock shelves
Highly competent with suggestive selling
Products
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON11 February 2018
Great sales role, learned a great deal about customer service and the proper way to measure feet. I was able to meet a variety of different people and enjoyed learning from my manager.Also the shoes got increasingly more fashionable over the years their products have evolved nicely.
Pros
product discounts
Cons
shipment restocking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K