Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

Found 335 reviews matching the search See all 4,397 reviews
Good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2019
I was very nice and learning experience. I have learned customer handling and Merchandising understanding and developed Interpersonal skills.
Thank you.
amazing coworkers/ environment, awful management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2019
My time at pay less was over a year and I got the joy of working with some really amazing people, my coworkers became my best friends, and that's really the only plus side from this company. the management is absolutely horrible and the district manger has very little respect for store associates. stores will be left without managers and assistant managers for months and the key holder is expected to run the store. the company is a mess, HR is a joke, no matter what they will take the customers side in a situation and lastly, no manager or anyone in HR could care less about the associates or how they are being treated. save your self and don't apply here.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
awful management
Pay management well
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON12 January 2019
preaches work life balance but managers work long days and have high expecatatins with minimal payroll budgets. Job security threatened by upper management on regular basis. Stores are always dirty and poorly maintained regardless of time spent on them. Good benefits package including RRSP
sälja skor
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal,Kanada7 January 2019
Ganska enkelt jag var ung. Att prata med folk och hitta bästa skorna till vad dem behövdes till. jätteroligt !
Environnement joyeux
Commis aux ventes / Responsable (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2019
Il a toujours été agréable d'y travailler. Les clients sont toujours heureux de l'aide que nous leur apportons.

Les gérants offrent une superbe formation et sont toujours présent si nous avons des questions.

L'avancement y est également présent.
J'ai appris beaucoup sur le service clientèle, les différentes façons d'aborder les gens, la manière de gérer un magasin de grand volume, respecter des planogrammes...
Career Planning
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 January 2019
There was a DSO change while I was on maternity. Prior to maternity I was in MIT training. When I returned the New DSO did not follow through and even though I had the training an experience to take over the store when the current store manager left I was declined the position with no training plan and continued doing the same tasks as a store manager.
Overall a good company to work for- no complaints
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
A typical day would include checking inventory, stocking shelves, assisting customers, cashier duties. Not a hard job, but lots to do. Would recommend to anyone.
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 December 2018
Productive and fun working place, very good team work and leadership. Safe and free hazardous environment. Rules are well kept and followed, customers needs are well taken care of.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 December 2018
Interacting with customers and staff was fun. It was busy and productive. Different promotions every day meant changing prices and using your knowledge to help customers.
Environnement
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2018
Un travail en contact direct avec les clients pour les aider dans leur choix .
Manager was a mess, but a nice place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 December 2018
Gave me my first retail experience.
Was a fun environment. Had a great employee discount rate.
However, they want to keep you as a part timer as long as possible. And their choices of managers aren't always great.
got fired for reporting my assistant mamager
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 November 2018
Managers were awful, they definitely have favorites and love to abuse employees and if you ever report them you will be fired. Id avoid working here if possible.
Pros
ok discount
Cons
managers are terrible people
Payless shoe store
Organizer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2018
i tagged shoes with alarms,
stocked the shelf's with new items and organized the shelf's.
at the end of my shift i would sweep up.
there wasn't anything hard about tagging shoes
the most enjoyable part of the job was keeping busy the whole time.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2018
They have the ability to produce work quickly and in a timely manner.They’re honest, hard-working, and good at creating a collaborative work environment.They have gone above and beyond to make our customers happy.
great
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 November 2018
enjoyable work environment that teaches a lot about team work and accomplishing team goals. Easy to learn work, pay was good and not too stressful, good time.
Working at Payless
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2018
I hated working at payless. The management was going downhill and the people were just giving me pointless jobs. I could not grow at all at payless. This was one of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Decent place for a short time
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 October 2018
Hours and shifts vary greatly from season to season.
Very regimented on exactly what to say to customers when they enter, during the middle of their "visiting journey", and at the end when they are leaving or when making a purchase.
There is very little room for personality or creativity, but dress code is nice and informal.
Not crazy busy, and usually there are lots of staff there so not much to do except really focus on customers and every single need they might ever have.
Longer you work there the better you will understand inventory and how the large company works, and then eventually if the manager trusts you and likes you enough you will get more regular hours, but not always.
Many student workers, prepare for mainly night shifts and weekends
small, boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  woodbine mall24 October 2018
boring environment. only 2 staff members per shift. slow pace. clocked in for 3 hours. longest shift was 5 hours with and 15 minute break. sometimes fun
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 October 2018
fun place to work, enjoy the people, flexable hours, great employee discounts, great training learning about the shoes and styles, a great place to learn planograms and displays.
Fine
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 October 2018
It's a minimum wage job so its not amazing by any stretch, and whether its enjoyable or not is completely dependent on each stores manager/assistant manager and who you work with. I had a great time working there sometimes but a lot of corporate interaction is kind of bs and the regional manager was scary. Basically like any other retail job. really chill dress code and it doesn't get as busy as other retail stores generally.
Pros
fair pay, easy
Cons
schedules only given one week in advance rather than two or four like some other retail jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K