PAUL'S HAULING

Working at PAUL'S HAULING: 28 PAUL'S HAULING Reviews

Canada28 reviews

Insights into PAUL'S HAULING

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Friendly work place

Working at Paul's Hauling is like everywhere else. Except it's non stressful. Dispatch help as much as possible and if there is a real problem then the management team take over and you have a cushion to rely on. Dispatch and management are easy to talk to with an open door policy. Full support from the guys at Thunder Bay terminal, everyone helps each other...great place to work and grow when you are a new driver. I asked for a transfer to Kamloops British Columbia and they made it happen with little or no fuss at all.

Work atmosphere

This is a very comfortable place to work , with management being extremely approachable & accommodating.They keep you busy and ensure equal work between employees,, saw noFavouritism as I saw in other companiesGreat place ,, management was greater

Pros

Hotels supplied on reset days

Cons

I really enjoyed the work and the people that I worked with. Awesome staff, very knowledgeable and friendly. Units are very reliable, clean and easy to maintain.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch.

Mostly good. 4/4 or 5/2 work schedule but old equipment, overstretched office staff and poor driver support.

I mostly have good things to say about Paul's Hauling. Pay was reasonable, good paid training and usually low stress. I worked 4 on 4 off, which was nice and I mostly felt valued in the company. My only real issues was a lot of the equipment they have is past its best. The truck I had was regularly breaking down often with the same issues (ultimately this is why I left when I did), the money they must spend keeping old unreliable equipment on the road would be much better spent updating their fleet. Also I found driver support not very supportive, their attitude was always all stick and no carrot, then when I left I asked driver support for a reference. The chap I spoke to said he was OK with that but then ignored my new employer, when my new employer did get hold of him he said he would only answer "no comment" I don't know what was wrong with him but he definitely changed his tune to what he said to me. There has been a lot of management changes and maybe he is now overstretched and unhappy in his role. Often when I tried calling despatch no one would answer. I guess this is evidence management are doing too much with too little. Sign of the times I guess.

Fub

Good job work life balance great pay alpt of training and advancement free lunches and allt of work life balance and very safe work environment as well as benefits

Its a job

Do seasonal work for them. Paid wait times. Trucks and trailers are in the system so if you are overweight they pay the fine.It's tough living conditions, you're in your truck up to a month or two.Was given lots of miles and kept busy.Fuel, NH3, Hopper Bottoms for grains, salt, & fertilizers.Mostly B Train work.On site showers and laundry at Brandon Branch.

Pros

Friendly staff and workers, SIRIUS Satellite in most units, On board navigation shows your route, Company pays any overweight or truck violations for you but not traffic violations if you get them, They pay for your flights in and out as long as you honour your contract

Cons

Living in a semi for weeks on end gets rough.

8 November 2021
Thanks for your review. We appreciate the honest feedback and are glad we kept you busy while employed in Brandon. We do have a Camp adjacent to our yard that is available for drivers who are resetting which gives out of towners the option of moving out of their truck environment for a bit. Please reach out to us again if you are looking for further info or are interested at any more work that KAG Canada group can offer in the trucking profession.

Enjoyed working here

Good company to work for. Great place to gain more highway experience for newer or less experienced drivers. They have a good system for supporting drivers and maintaining the fleet. Employees support and encourage each other,

Pros

Healthy work environment

Cons

Gets cold there...

Easy Job; Toxic Workplace

The title says it all. Management doesn't follow up on dispatch toxicity or driver issues leading to problem staff remaining while the good ones leave. Pays alright and the requirements are low. This leads to some doing poor/no work, so it's good/bad depending on perspective.Paul's Hauling is a stepping stone in one's career at this point solely due to the inability for management to remove the toxicity and issues within.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Long Hours, No HR Department.

Good

Good company to work for if you looking for season work. Great place to work nice people and dispatch was good for friend work we. Not to bad trucks

Pros

A lot of work

Cons

Work around the weather

8 March 2021
Thank you so much for your positive rating and review. You should consider coming back for our 2021 spring season; lots of opportunities.

Nice place, poor equipment

Great Recruiting staff. Poor mechanical side. Poor equipment. Constantly breaking down as new and out of Provence drivers get the oldest truck in the fleet. Plus, if they fly you here, they have you trapped, if you quit, you pay your own way home. More down time then driving time. Dispatch can’t keep drivers going steady, do a run and wait 8 hours before you know if you have a load or not. Poor time management skills here.

Pros

Paid flights

Cons

You’re trapped, lack of miles, lots of down time.

22 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience thus far. Your review notes you are a current employee with us. If this is true we encourage you to share your concerns with your Terminal Manager in Brandon. While there are sometimes unforeseen circumstances with equipment and dispatch our goal is to provide a steady, reliable and safe working environment for all our drivers, regardless of whether full-time or seasonal.

Good company

Was employed as a seasonal driver for the 2015 winter roads season. Great people to work with. All training paid. Paid accommodations. Interesting work. Enjoyed working there.

Pros

Paid training

Cons

Poor supplies for the winter roads season.

22 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review. Have you considered working with us again? We have a busy spring season ahead of us and are looking for seasonal and full-time drivers to work with us on various commodities including Anhydrous Ammonia (NH3), liquid and dry fertilizer among others. Consider putting in an application!

Not the worst place to work but very close.

You spend most of the time idle not making any money. Waiting while they find a load, waiting while they find equipment, waiting while the find other equipment that isnt broken. Worst part is the pay scale is a joke. They give you a 50 page booklet explaining how much you might get paid its so complicated they cant figure it out themselves and you just get paid some randomly small amount. Ask questions and they tell you to read the novel they gave you.

Brandon terminal horrible

They like to hire drivers from out of province,this way they are trapped,you quit find your own way home,the money you make after feed yourself and lodgings is next to nothing,worst decision I have let myself get tricked into,they promise you the world and deliver nothing as promised,avoid this terminal!!!

Pauls Hauling

Busy driving workplace culture was okay driving in bad weather condition management was okay to work with I was always onetime for the switched Never missed a day work or being late.

Good place to. Work

Could use better communication from Driver services to Drivers , however its not terrible . also middle management seems to be overly involved in areas where they have people to do their own jobs who are quite capable of doing them.

Chaotic Mess

You spend a lot of time waiting for work which may never come. Don't expect to be paid anything near what they promise. Outdated equipment and management.

Older company that needs change

If you have a family and fit in (don’t be different) it is a an ok place to work. TThe work is abit dull. No change of advancement. Management needs to be trained on diversity. The work force is not diverse. They are keeping up technology wise, but workplace wise it is still stuck in 1990s.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Lack of understanding or acceptance

Great company for me

Treated very well by Paul's East coast worker paid flights to and from luggage costs paid ect. Management in Brandon and Winnipeg extremely approachable and accommodating and west coast workers always willing to give a helping hand. Great experience .

If mediocre had a name.

This is a place where the potential was great and it used to be the pinnacle of the logistics industry. Sadly the new management has destroyed the loyalty of the drivers. Pay is average. Good benefits. Good bonuses. Employer provides all required safety equipment cleaning supplies etc. 4/4 work rotation was great. Assigned units and parking.

Pros

New equipment/schedule

Cons

Pay issues

Poorly Managed

Inexperienced management and lack of training in the office leads to long unpaid delays and canceled loads. Pay is well below average for Winnipeg. Expect to spends weeks at a time waiting for work.

Pros

4 x 4 Schedule

Cons

Poor management. Low Pay. Lack of work.

Potentially a great place to work.

Trucking jobs are matter of perspective, you can choose to enjoy it and look for the best or it's easy to look and find negatives. With Paul's at least you had that option, as there are a lot of less desireable trucking outfits this one gives you the option to enjoy your job. Of course there's always going to be issues, but you getting home safely was always top priority here.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAUL'S HAULING. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement