Patterson Companies

Working at Patterson Companies: Latest Patterson Companies Reviews

Canada25 reviews

managementworkplacegreatjobdentaltimelot

Good job overall

Some internal issues and negative energies at times, as in many workplaces..but overall a good place to work, even at minimum wage..show up and do your job and you're fine..respect to upper management for keeping all 9their employees during covi de-19

Official response from Patterson Companies

29 December 2020
Thank you for the recognition of how we've handled our working situation during this pandemic. We appreciate your feedback.

Negative atmosphere in warehouse/shipping

Was motivated when i first started..had good interview with the hiring manager..but the positive energy quickly dissapeared..very low pay (minimum wage), which makes for constent whinning from half the floor workers (hey, if the pay is so bad, just leave already)..bosses with conflicting views and your stuck in the middle, not much interest in employees opinions or overall fairness, just for a few..a lot of hypocrisy, clic environment, family members in management, you have to be in with the right clics or side with the right bosses to be respected, i didn't play those games, so i wasn't "in" lol...don't make a stand against a bosses pet employee..don't expect much, just do the work and punch out..would only recommend for new workers/students, to have warehouse work experience

Pros

Affordable price for cafeteria..4-5$ a meal (very basic tho)

Cons

Overall atmosphere..advantages for few, not much for most

Insights into Patterson Companies

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Loss of experienced talent and terrible executive

Was an exciting role with great management. Has huge turn over, all the talent has left. Terrible and hostile work.environment. poor leadership and no longer a player in the dental.imdustry. most of the senior talent has.left for the competition.

Pros

Customers

Cons

Long hours, low pay, poor structure

Official response from Patterson Companies

29 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we apologize for your experience. As a strong leader in the Dental Industry, we like to take situations like yours very seriously. If you’d like to provide further feedback please email our team at talentacquistion@pattersoncompanies.com. Thank you.

Do not work here!

Back stabbing and lots of gossiping! Very uncomfortable place to work! U.S based company with branches across Canada. I felt as though Canadian employees were treated “less than”.

Good place to work if you would like to learn various types of dental equipment

Prefer not to comment Good place to work. Friendly co-workers. Good benefits. Company provides a vehicle for the field positions. Good training is provided.

Great Place to Work

I started out as an order picker at Patterson and worked my way up to Production Coordinator. After leaving this place a couple of years ago due to schooling, reflecting back on the overall job and the people tied into it. I can say its a great place to work they made staff feel appreciated, the benefits are great and I recommend anyone out there who enjoys physical labor and detailed driven work.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Grueling Pace at times.

Some management is good. Corporate is stuck in the 80’s

If you don’t want to feel good about yourself and feel like you get the blame for most things....go work in the most integral part, which is rarely acknowledged..... Good luck!

Pros

Some great employees

Cons

Management has a problem acknowledging productivity and job work load relative to what they pay

corporate driven

sales oriented don't care about their employees only profit ... Don't care about regulations only bottom line ... pushes poorer products over the better choice

Travail dans l'entrepôt

Pour commencer, dès la première journée de travail, j'ai dû finir très tard étant donné le manque d'employer très élevé dans ce domaine. Ensuite, ce travail n'est pas très sociable envers les collègues de travail (lorsqu'une personne a besoin d'aide, soit ont vous aides pas ou soit ont vous ignores) et manques beaucoup de sérieux dans ce lieu ( la majorité des employés sont presque jamais à leurs travails). Finalement, le salaire n'est vraiment pas haute et ça honnêtement, c'est vraiment injuste de vouloir travailler dans cette entrepôt avec toutes les efforts qur l'employé donne sans dires la moindres et de traiter leurs employés comme de la m*rde.

Pros

Assurance

Cons

Salaire, Overtime

Satisfactory Company

Satisfactory Company Upgrades of Computer Employee security required No advancement within Company Turnover too high Departments require attention from management

bad management

swear word everywhere,no support and no team worker,new guy always do ugly job,bonus plan is a joke..They may fire you before you get bonus..rocket man management without dental experiences more than 40% quit and fire rate

Pros

none so far

Cons

see the review above

The experience I have gained in a variety of work settings was great.

I was excited to to work as Sales Representative for Patterson Dental which they have gained a reputation as one of the largest dental suppler and dental industry leader all over the world. As an expert who is passionate about excellence and service of the highest quality. The skills and experience I have gained in a variety of work settings, combined with character qualities of dependability, reliability and an ethic of hard work make me a positive fit for any role due to the experience I`v got from daily works with expert colleague in Patterson Dental - Toronto Branch.

Technological Knowledge and Hi Tech Equipment

Enjoyed learning many new technologies and eventually passing on this knowledge to Stakeholders ( Dentist & Specialists) and their staff. Site visits to manufacturers in Oregon and North Carolina , USA, and Bensheim, Germany were essential to presenting the entire package for the stakeholders

Pros

Great Teamwork

Horrible place to work

At first it was a great place to work. But after the first year i hated it. They end up treating you like dirt and you mean nothing to them. so i found work elsewhere.

Patterson Dental Review

I love working at Patterson, however the management doesn't care about their employees. The people I work with taught me everything I know about troubleshooting and everything, from installation to preventative maintenance. The only reason why I would leave Patterson is that they do not pay very well for the jobs we do. It always seems like we're breaking our backs to make everyone happy and no one from management seems to care about us.

Pros

Free vehicle, make up your own hours, no one hassles you at your work.

Cons

Low paying salary, bosses don't care about employees, no room for promotions.

company culture is changing

Patterson used to be a great place to work but the company culture is changing. There is lot of change generally anywhere you go, but how a company manages change really impacts the employees. If you plan on working at Patterson realize that every location is different. Depending on the role or area your experience may vary.

Pros

not a lot of turnover - but that may change

Cons

lack of respect towards employees in mid to lower levels

productive, friendly yet efficient work environment

It was an ordered, structured environment that left a lot open to individual abilities and then there was quite a few situations where we worked together and built a real group environment.

Pros

open lunch period

Cons

Productive work envirnoment with the ability of fexible schedule

Patterson is definitely a fun work place. The team here is great! The management is great, they work around your schedule. Work load is very balanced with the help of others if needed. I learned how to work independately with minimal supervision. I believe the hardest part of this job is that the wage isn't very fair due to the amount of work that gets put in with this role.

Pros

often there's free lunches, long weekends we get short shifts, felxible days off, great communication

Cons

not enough appreciation, not enough vacation days or sicks days.

interesting inviroment to work under.

interested in repairing the mechanical aspect of my job.have great pride in my repairs to our customers.i like to use quality over quantity.

Pros

flexable supervisor

Cons

not very many benifits.

busy and energetic

Organized schedule as customer service calls came in from the dispatcher. Serviced and maintained a variety of dental equipment. Keep service vehicle stocked and ready for jobs. Co-workers are fun and energetic the hardest part of the job is dealing with the management. The most enjoyable part was the number of friendly clients the I worked with.

Pros

organized own schedule

Cons

poor management

A fun and great place to work

The position that I had taken on was an excellent one. I learned to manage my time better as I was constantly on the road. The dental industry is a really fun time and the technology is ever growing.

Pros

Staff and Manager were superb

Cons

The travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patterson Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement