Passport Health

Passport Health Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
I liked my job here and was proud of the services I offered to clients. I think there are/were (pre-covid) many opportunities for advancement. It's a good environment if you like working independently and if you're good at doing your own learning to back up health teaching and immunization skills, and helpful if you're coming from an immunization background. I liked the Nurses I worked with, as well as the Nursing management team--9/10 are excellent. I would not recommend this job because of the low pay, no benefits, and little regard for workers' rights, ie. no coffee breaks, and often no lunch breaks when you have a full schedule. HR has been telling us for the past year that they would bring in benefits, and all they came up with were gym membership discounts which are of zero importance to staff. I also suspect that my "raise" was nothing more than a pay increase to reflect the new starting salary. If the company makes it to the other side of covid-19, they need to do better in all of these areas.
Worked for Passport in Ontario. It's a boring cash type job. OK for part time for extra cash, but it isn't a "real" job by any stretch. Low pay no benefits. Arrogant and clique manager & team leader. Rude and sarcastic exit interviews. And terrible pay. Don't value staff
hours were pretty flexible with my client but hours were not consistent and being on call constantly was inconvenient. Other than that the work was enjoyable and felt fufilling to be able to assist in his daily activities of living.
Upside: The hours, love being able to work independently, love the canadian management team.
Downside: Very little room for growth, NO

HEALTH BENEFITS, unrealistic expectations with consultations, resulting in no lunch break, staying late or appointment running over other appointments. Pressure from American head office to make the sales 'quota per client
I enjoy working at PPH and learning more about the different parts of the world and becoming confident in travel health! I like the independence and flexible schedules. Staff gets along well. Something I wish was improved on is the base pay (not up to standards for Registered Nurses) and the scheduled time for certain consults is not always long enough so not able to always take breaks on busy days due to having to chart.
Pros
Flexible schedule and independence. Also interesting place to work if you enjoy travel!
Cons
Low base pay, not enough time for some consults especially when booked back to back, sometimes difficult to get vacation time due to short staffing.
I have been with Passport Health for years. I can't say anything bad about this company aside from these past years it's hard to have an hourly raise. It is a perfect job for me since they are very flexible with schedule. You can work weekends, early shift at 7 am or even late shift at 9 pm. The nursing management is the best and they are very supportive to you. If you prefer working alone in the clinic this is the job for you. It can be overwhelming at first since you have to see clients face to face, discussed diseases and administer vaccines and medications, giving prescriptions, but once you are well trained everything can go smoothly. They even give you lots of time per client. There are days when it's slow but this gives you time to catch up. Read medical directives and research. I love that you can take home some extra admin work and get paid as well.
Pros
bonus quarterly, shift flexibility and multiple locations canada wide
Cons
no annual raise, few opportunity to advance in your position.
The culture of this company is great and everyone is hard working. Co-workers, support staff and management are helpful. Flexible schedule. Totally different then "hospital nursing" . Client's are fun, never a same day.
Pros
flexibility with schedule
Cons
Low pay with no benefits
Official response from Passport Health
10 June 2019
Thank you for your feedback! As we are vastly growing we realize how important the benefits is to all employees, thus we are in the process of implementing this in the next few weeks. As well as other perks employees can enjoy such as Canada attractions (i.e. Canada's Wonderland, Museums, Water Parks etc) and Health and Wellness programs (GoodLife Fitness, LA Fitness, Energy Cardio etc.)
Thank you for your commitment to Passport Health!
This company is excellent. They are more than accommodating when if comes to scheduling and management is very supportive! Clients are so interesting and being able to build a great rapport with them makes for an excellent work day. Would recommend to anyone looking for a non-hospital nursing job that is super interesting but also challenges you to think in a very focused way.
This job would be one of the few "happy" jobs in Nursing. The Clients are motivated and you get to work in an exciting area of health promotion with elements of Customer Service. At times the job can seem slow, however this is a nice change from the typical nursing workplace (where there isn't enough time to go to the bathroom!). There are opportunities for advancement - if you are looking for them. Salary and benefits are below "standard" at present, however the company is growing and working hard to improve things. Management really is great - genuinely.
Pros
Lots of education opportunities, independence, great management
Cons
Lower pay, lack of benefits, slow periods
Official response from Passport Health
6 June 2019
Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are currently in the process of implementing a health and dental plan for all employees, as well as other corporate discounts our employees can enjoy in the top attractions in Canada. As we continue to grow both the pace of the clinic and salary of employees will increase. Thank you for all that you do!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Passport Health?
There is lots of room for learning and professional development at Passport Health. it is vastly growing so you get to learn something new every day. Management is great and very helpful. They are supportive and provide you with everything you need to succeed. Great work life balance, flexible with hours and able to take time off when needed.
Pros
flexibility, great people
Cons
It is a Boring job, no room for advancement, further education or growth, unorganized, employees not respected. Very low pay, no benefits,