Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 287 reviews matching the search See all 5,425 reviews
A very fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK11 April 2019
Have fun rearranging the store around to accommodate for the seasons. Getting to know your customers and helping them make the best out of whatever event they may be holding whether its for parties, birthdays, dinner gatherings, and weddings! Not to mention getting creative with helium balloon bouquets!!
Pros
Very fun and professional atmosphere
Cons
Email capture
Worked hard on my working days.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON10 April 2019
- A typical day at work was me helping people and telling people where stuff are, or helping costumers with costumes.

- I learned many team working abilities and new hands on skills in the workplace.

- The management was always fun to work with, and always brought up every ones mood.

- The culture was a to follow the manager and to get the things done on time.

- The hardest part of the job was sometimes keeping up with amount of people showing up, but got used to it.

- The most enjoyable part was helping costumers and seeing them get what they wanted.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Fun experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 April 2019
I had a fun experience working at party city. I enjoyed it mostly because it was around halloween which made it more interesting. Unfortunately because it was a cooperative placement I was limited to the things I was allowed to do (for example, I was not allowed to work cash)
enjoyable part time job
BACKROOM AND STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 April 2019
Hours were mostly steady, days were slow but was a laid back experience nonetheless. Management was lenient and were flexible with hours, as well as booking days off. good atmosphere.
Pros
lenient management
Cons
mainly standing around for most of the shift
Disorganized and stressful environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  5915 Rodeo Dr, Mississauga2 April 2019
I worked at Party City for only a month because I was seasonal. During my whole month there they assigned me as a cashier but never fully taught me the skills of a cashier. A job which holds a lot of responsibility since you are dealing with money. For two weeks I wasn't doing "order fulfilment" for the balloon orders and was then yelled at in front of all the customers and my coworkers by my former manager although I was never taught about it or even knew about it. Then I was told I would become a permanent worker but was soon let go without any reason why.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management, disorganized
Fun workplace, not enough hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 March 2019
Staff is fun and easy-going, during a typical weekday the store is not busy. The store's peak times are mainly around the holidays, and weekends, especially leading to Halloween. If you get hired during Halloween and are offered a permanent position as a sales associate, your shifts/ hours will be dramatically cut over time. Management is fairly laid back which is both a pro and a con. The hardest part of the job will be dealing with difficult customers. With that said, the highlights of the job will also be while interacting with various customers. What I've learned is that It's definitely a good place for a first-time job, highly recommend if you do consider this job apply only during Halloween.
Pros
friendly staff, fun
Cons
Not enough hours
Employed for 7 months!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 March 2019
I worked here for 7 months in the brand new coquitlam store. The mangagers are honestly the best I have ever had at any other work place. They are so nice and pretty responsible and train pretty well. As applying to a sales associate, I do about everything in the store. Clean, help people, stock. But the only bad thing was the way that the store schedules. The online way is terrible. For example on friday i would check to see when i work, it would say i work saturday and not sunday. I check saturday and I WORK SUNDAY? Plans with family members have been interrupted many times but working here was definitely a joy!
Pros
Great Management, Good store hours, discount!
Cons
Online scheduling, Unorganized app schedules
working at halloween city
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 March 2019
Working at Halloween city was honestly the best job I have had so far. The environment was amazing everyone got along very well and hours were flexible and were enough to get a good paycheck. Working there was always the best because mostly everyone who walked in always left with a smile and a product they need.
Fun and caring place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 February 2019
I enjoyed working there, I had many good times but as well as bad times. The manager there did nothing but sit down and complain about problems but wouldnt do anything about it. He also used peoples mental health problems and would brodcast about it. I would recommend working here if the manager that was there isnt there anymore.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Manager was rude
Exciting place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2019
A typical day at work included having fun with staff members also having fun helping costumers find the perfect costume for them.
What i learned from this job is to always have fun no matter what happens at a job.
fun place to work at during halloween
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 February 2019
this job was pretty easy the gave a lot of hours on weekend and had at least 2 shift per week the management is awful they would say things about employes out loud thinking we couldn't hear them
Pros
candy everywhere
Cons
management
Fun and Stressful Expierence
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 February 2019
I've learned how to correctly deal with customer's at this corporation. My manager's have taught me all of the up's and down's of working In retail which I endlessly thank them for. The hardest part and also the best part of this job for me personally, was definitely blowing up balloons constantly.
Pros
Balloons, Friendly Environment, Fun Experience
Cons
Long Hours, Balloons, Open Holidays- not allowed to take the holidays off unless really important
good
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 February 2019
i enjoyed working hear also this place made me go on a high places grabbing balloons also i got even more retail experience doing this job i met good people
great
Front End Coordinator(Manager) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2019
great place-pay and hours aren't the greatest
management is mostly good
hardest part of job is no guarantee of hours and making minimum wage
Its typical retail.
Not the greatest unless your management
Pros
my gm is the best boss i ever had
Cons
hours and pay aren't good
Fun workplace, good for a first job.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 February 2019
If you are 16, this may be the job for you. If not, this place seems to attract the rudest customers ive met in all the customer service jobs i've worked at. I was promoted to Team Lead, then was told after 3 months of busting my butt off that they didn't have enough hours for me and I was demoted. During that whole time I was never offered a raise. I worked for 2 years and was never offered a raise once.
Pros
Fun, good hours for low positions
Cons
They give no recognition, high expectations
Terrible
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 February 2019
Manager was terrible and had clear favourites, toxic work environment, submitted leave 3 months in advance and was told it would be no problem, was then denied leave as the "store was busy." Low wages, no benefits, little room for advancement, unsafe practises when it came to Health and Safety, especially ladder usage.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Amazing
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 February 2019
staff/co-workers are super nice. Got hired on the spot. Great company and sales. The managers are really nice and willing to accommodate. All jobs are simple and very little training is needed. I would defiantly work there again if I have the chance.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Angry customers
Good Place to work at
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2019
Even though some pople do not learn alot on thier first day, you will eentually know where eveything is and how to properly work in the workplace. The manager is pretty chill and nice, even though you only have 30 minute breaks, they go by pretty quick so just watch the time close.
Pros
Job shadowing with people on Cash so you learn quicker, fast paced at some times of the day/week
always something new
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2019
good to work at the place fun and energetic, the place also bring joy into people when they work there. I would suggest this place to any person looking
Pros
discounts
Cons
good place to improve my english
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 January 2019
It was a good opportunity to learn and develop a new skill. Also, I have improved my english vocabulary as well as my pronunciation. Be concentrate on the daily duties and answers questions to the clients by the time received instruction on headphone was an incredible experience.
Pros
funny enviroment with my coworkers
Cons
time to time the manager was sarcastic, ironic or in a mood but..anyway...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K