PartSource

PartSource Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my work at Part Source. This particular location was an independent store. When corporate restructure took place my job responsibilities changed and decreased. Left do to lack of hours, but was hired by corporation to work at a Canadian tire store.
Worked at store 720 in edmonton, ab. Terrible management and zero learning opportunities. The manager does not teach, he hires more staff to replace you if you make one mistake
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Terrible management
The management is a joke! The pay is minimum wage. The hours SUCK they are only closed Christmas Day. This place is run like a detention center and the staff are treated as inmates. They are so cheap you have to supply your own pen! If the store is not busy you must do janitorial work even if it was not required or just done.
Pros
Some staff
Cons
to many to list.
Not too bad of a place to work but the regional manager is an idiot, comes in once every few months, ruins the store atmosphere and heckles employees for doing their job. Then after he leaves its just a bad feeling and anger everytime you go to work, wouldnt recommend this job due to Canadian tires management system.
Pros
Free coffee sometimes
Cons
The regional manager heckling employees
When you're in management its a lot of manual labour, not great pay, can be very long hours, pretty good benefits and perks, and its a bit difficult to advance. This is an entry level place, as likely store manager turnover isn't often and to apply at Canadian Tire you need to basically start from scratch. Your team makes the job, which is probably why a lot of people stay.
Pros
Team members, ability to learn practical skills and knowledge
Cons
Pay is unfortunately low due to the size of the business, hard to advance
I was in management there for 2 1/2 years was a good place to work but as a women in the automotive i was paid unfairly. Tried to talk to regional manager but he was on his own kick but is no longer with the company
cut me to one 3 hour shift a week asked why sean the manager told me they had to cut hours and not even a week later he hired 2 new part time staff that took my normal shifts
Pros
people you work with are pretty nice other the management
Was hired worked for 2 months and then they let me go because of a charge from years ago that they were aware of during the interview and hiring process. Made me jump through hoops to prove my charges(4 record checks) then let me go.
Pros
Great people at that location
Cons
Poorly ran corporate
I enjoyed working there as a delivery driver. There was always something to do. My co-workers were awesome to work with. The clients (mechanic shops) were friendly & easy to please.
Very easy going place to work. Easy paced and great people to work with. Driving around city delivering parts . You learn the city very well as a delivery driver.
A typical day at work consists of a lot of standing around, sometimes looking up parts for customers, some more standing around, selling some parts, some more standing around. It's easy money for sure, but not a lot of it. The management is scattered, meaning that there are a couple of good managers, and one less than stellar one. The hardest part of the job is the management. Trying to get a read on them from day to day is frustrating.
Pros
Some free lunches every couple of months
Cons
The boredom
I absolutely loved the work I did as I delivered parts to various garages and picked up faulty parts if needed. When not driving I helped stock shelves. If I couldn't find where parts went on the shelves some one was ready to help by showing me where things went. The manager was awesome he was almost like a brother to me he was always available for any one that had concerns.
That's the Worst place to Work , that's for Everyone . I mean it , trust me you wouldn't like it . The Pay sucks and the people running the shop are on a Power Trip .
The people/staff are great to work with. They are knowledge and are very helpful. The have great customer service and are kind to all of their customers.
Great People and Management,,, Friendly environment, fast paced to relaxed evening shift, Pay is Great, Part time hours worked for me, nice cars to drive
worked here for many years, taught me about many aspects of the auto industry. Helped to guide me to my current position in life, very grateful to have worked with such a great team. My manager/team lead at the 17th ave location was the best leader i have had. The activities that we set up outside of work and the guidance he gave was always given gracefully.
Good work place, relaxing but fast pace at times. Good work environment and team environment. Always on your toes and always multitasking. 7/10 place to work Only cons are pay, benefits and management, hours
Pros
good work and team environment
Cons
management, pay, hours
Great culture and group of people to be around, management can be picky but fun to generally be around. Nights can be slow due to the lack of customers but depending on who you close with it can fly bye.
There are dozens of better driving jobs with less dictatorship for more money. You take your life for granted until you get in an accident. Get paid as much as possible.
working at Part-source is fairly basic costumer service. Working with a large company is very ordinary because of how much the company is standardized there is a protocol to follow which apply's to all employees. there is room to move forward in the company. There is a need for memory recall skill, to locate merchandise as customers ask.
The managers knew next to nothing. While I helped almost every customer in the store, trained new guys behind the counter an organized a big portion of their shelves the managers spent all day in the office hanging out and texting in their phones. I was also a new employee but I’ve never seen such a lack of leadership. I was hired as an account manager but because of my extensive knowledge I was moved up to a team leader. When let go the assistant manager couldn’t pull her eyes off her phone while the manager spoke.
  1. Employee reviews