PartSource Employee Reviews

A workplace where I am challenged and my skills are the used to their full potential.
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2019
As a positive and enthusiastic team player, I become excited at the opportunity to work in a challenging environment. Over the eight years of experience as Regional Manager, I have learned that I am able to engage others and align to the goals of the company. It is through my outgoing personality and keen listening skills that I am able to understand what the needs of my team are. Working with strong personalities which can be difficult at times, however I embrace the challenge of ensuring I allow others to express their opinions and concerns, but yet still meeting the goals of the company. As an extraverted person, I enjoy working with others, coaching them to be the best that they can be. Mentoring through experience and increasing sales are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Flexibility to be creative and try new initiatives, as well as the ability to mentor others
Cons
Constant change of Associate Vice President above the Regional Manager position
You like cars? This is for you
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2018
Most work days include answering phone calls, and chatting with customers in store to find out exactly what they need.
Learned a lot more about cars.
Management was meh.
Culture is low.
Hardest part dealing with stupid people.
Most enjoyable finding the right parts to help someone out.
Pros
Discount on parts
Cons
Has luls
loved the staff, the reason for the job but could have been better
Driver, Parts Pro and finally Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 December 2018
I went to partsource with a bit more automotive knowledge than most, I have worked on my own cars for almost 10 years. I was promoted fast because I had an idea of the parts and the know how. I loved my staff I worked with but management was lackluster. Hence why I left.
Pros
helping people
Cons
management
prepare to do all the labour
Counter person (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 December 2018
As part time guys prepare to do all the labour that no body else want to do. There will be all kinds of job, lifting heavy parts, moving shelfs both indoor and outdoor.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Lot of non related work
an amazing work space
shipper/receiver (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 November 2018
the team was one of the best i have worked with they were family and the manager frank was god sent it truly was a great work place i would recommend anybody apply there
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
it can get very busy
Great Staff
Driver & parts pro (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2018
Working at Partsource was a Great experience. Team Leads were highly Respected Making it easy to work for them. Great environment, Easy work, fun place to be.
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2018
terrible place to work never gave me hours tried their best to get me to quit by refusing to respect my availibilty adding shifts to my scheduke the day before and not notifying me, treated as if i did not know anything. wouldn't recommend working here at all
Pros
Cons
no respect
Not a satisfying career at all!
TEAM LEAD/SHIPPER RECEIVER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2018
Corrupt politics & poor management. No paid sick days for full time employees unless the employee buys into a Manulife package. No profit sharing & not a positive work place. I am currently looking for other means of employment.
Pros
You can be lazy
Cons
Not all stores are run the same.
Great team to work with
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 October 2018
Great team to work with at my location, knowledgeable staff to bounce ideas off of, or get some information about doing something specific. Everyone gets along and does their share of the job.
fun work space and benefits
Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2018
Part source was my part time job asides from Brandon Bus Lines, i sold parts along with other supply's and tools needed for you vehicle management was awesome

Want to know more about PartSource?

Ask a question
Great Place!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 September 2018
This is a great job opportunity for those interested in the automotive field. Great experience, excellent company, and wonderful people alongside a lot of room for growth!
fun part time or summer full time.
DELIVERY DRIVER/SHIPPING & RECEIVING, DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 September 2018
good atmosphere good employees, low pay, work during school or retired. would recommend to my younger mates. manager is a bit of a pain, but he means well
Pros
co-workers, discount on auto parts
Cons
pay/hours
Good place
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, ontario4 September 2018
Was fun and light work place. This job allowed you to deal with public and assist them with automotive needs. My manager was understanding and worked around my schedule.
Best job I've had.
Delivery Driver / Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 August 2018
Maybe I wasn't expecting much, but it was the best job I've had.

(This needs to be longer apparently.)

I started as a driver, delivering parts. I loved the freedom of driving around. I soon moved up a little before I left to go back to school.
Pros
Great coworkers, Kept busy.
Cons
Dusty environment.
Poor Total Quality Management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, ON23 August 2018
Failure to incorporate quality management to all departments and inadequate use of empowerment and teamwork; failure to develop employee participation.
Lack of proper training and preparation
Inappropriate supervisory structure or culture of the firm for implementing TQM (they don't even know what TQM is).
Lack of involvement and commitment of top management
Inability to build a learning organization that provides for continuous improvement and very poor planning.
Ineffective measurement of quality improvement and inappropriate reward system.
In a few words, be ready to work in a very unprofessional environment for dimes and nickels. Canadian Tire is a great company to work for and only the HO is a good option but if you have some self-respect, stay away from this position.
Pros
Networking
Cons
See review
horrible place to work
Parts Pro, promoted to Commercial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2018
should really consider before accepting a job management is not very much help full bad training polices are very poor next to no support from head office
Pros
discount
Cons
bad managment
Only good for part time work
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2018
My work experience with the team at PartSource Sarnia was fantastic. Just don't expect to get more than 25 hours a week at minimum wage. There is very little room for advancement.The work is fairly light so it reflects the wage.
Pros
Discount on Auto Parts
Cons
Working short- inconvenient shifts, mostly weekends
Ok temporary job
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2018
Management can be okay sometimes not the greatest
Demand a lot of its employees. Sometimes too much. Other employees are extremely fun to work with. Overall and okay job to have if you’re in between jobs. Not too much room for growth in the company
Pros
Get to talk about cars all day
Cons
Bosses demand too much
Amazing if you are always busy. Old boys club. Useless management.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2018
This job would be perfectly passable for a low expectations job (low pay but easy work). When I was busy driving it was awesome. When it wasn't busy it was a toxic environment. Most of the store staff are totally chill, it's diverse. But in the delivery department, two or three very insecure retired men would basically spend all day ridiculing everyone else. If you were a woman or an immigrant, or someone with special needs they would find every possible way to make the job socially hard until you quit. I watched them do this for a year while I kept busy doing my job. Then it got slow for a few weeks and there were no new people to harass so they started on me lol. PartSource is owned by Canadian Tire. There are plenty of policies in place that say a harassment free work-place is what they want but management doesn't enforce it... and really why would they? the pay is so bad that the only people who would stick around are people who don't care how much they make and don't really need the job: bitter old men. Good luck!
Pros
Unbelievably easy work. Alone time.
Cons
Toxic old men
OKAY workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK5 June 2018
Hours are scarce, new manger does not know how to schedule. Employees overheard manager talking about laying people off. Coworkers are nice, work is decent, overall its okay.
Pros
Fun
Cons
not many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PartSource. Our community is ready to answer.