PartSource Employee Reviews

Not a satisfying career at all!
TEAM LEAD/SHIPPER RECEIVER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2018
Corrupt politics & poor management. No paid sick days for full time employees unless the employee buys into a Manulife package. No profit sharing & not a positive work place. I am currently looking for other means of employment.
Pros
You can be lazy
Cons
Not all stores are run the same.
fun work space and benefits
Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2018
Part source was my part time job asides from Brandon Bus Lines, i sold parts along with other supply's and tools needed for you vehicle management was awesome
Great Place!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 September 2018
This is a great job opportunity for those interested in the automotive field. Great experience, excellent company, and wonderful people alongside a lot of room for growth!
fun part time or summer full time.
DELIVERY DRIVER/SHIPPING & RECEIVING, DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 September 2018
good atmosphere good employees, low pay, work during school or retired. would recommend to my younger mates. manager is a bit of a pain, but he means well
Pros
co-workers, discount on auto parts
Cons
pay/hours
Good place
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, ontario4 September 2018
Was fun and light work place. This job allowed you to deal with public and assist them with automotive needs. My manager was understanding and worked around my schedule.
Best job I've had.
Delivery Driver / Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 August 2018
Maybe I wasn't expecting much, but it was the best job I've had.

(This needs to be longer apparently.)

I started as a driver, delivering parts. I loved the freedom of driving around. I soon moved up a little before I left to go back to school.
Pros
Great coworkers, Kept busy.
Cons
Dusty environment.
Poor Total Quality Management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, ON23 August 2018
Failure to incorporate quality management to all departments and inadequate use of empowerment and teamwork; failure to develop employee participation.
Lack of proper training and preparation
Inappropriate supervisory structure or culture of the firm for implementing TQM (they don't even know what TQM is).
Lack of involvement and commitment of top management
Inability to build a learning organization that provides for continuous improvement and very poor planning.
Ineffective measurement of quality improvement and inappropriate reward system.
In a few words, be ready to work in a very unprofessional environment for dimes and nickels. Canadian Tire is a great company to work for and only the HO is a good option but if you have some self-respect, stay away from this position.
Pros
Networking
Cons
See review
horrible place to work
Parts Pro, promoted to Commercial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2018
should really consider before accepting a job management is not very much help full bad training polices are very poor next to no support from head office
Pros
discount
Cons
bad managment
Only good for part time work
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2018
My work experience with the team at PartSource Sarnia was fantastic. Just don't expect to get more than 25 hours a week at minimum wage. There is very little room for advancement.The work is fairly light so it reflects the wage.
Pros
Discount on Auto Parts
Cons
Working short- inconvenient shifts, mostly weekends
Ok temporary job
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2018
Management can be okay sometimes not the greatest
Demand a lot of its employees. Sometimes too much. Other employees are extremely fun to work with. Overall and okay job to have if you’re in between jobs. Not too much room for growth in the company
Pros
Get to talk about cars all day
Cons
Bosses demand too much
Amazing if you are always busy. Old boys club. Useless management.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2018
This job would be perfectly passable for a low expectations job (low pay but easy work). When I was busy driving it was awesome. When it wasn't busy it was a toxic environment. Most of the store staff are totally chill, it's diverse. But in the delivery department, two or three very insecure retired men would basically spend all day ridiculing everyone else. If you were a woman or an immigrant, or someone with special needs they would find every possible way to make the job socially hard until you quit. I watched them do this for a year while I kept busy doing my job. Then it got slow for a few weeks and there were no new people to harass so they started on me lol. PartSource is owned by Canadian Tire. There are plenty of policies in place that say a harassment free work-place is what they want but management doesn't enforce it... and really why would they? the pay is so bad that the only people who would stick around are people who don't care how much they make and don't really need the job: bitter old men. Good luck!
Pros
Unbelievably easy work. Alone time.
Cons
Toxic old men
OKAY workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK5 June 2018
Hours are scarce, new manger does not know how to schedule. Employees overheard manager talking about laying people off. Coworkers are nice, work is decent, overall its okay.
Pros
Fun
Cons
not many hours
PartSource is owned by Canadian tire
Parts Pro/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ON28 May 2018
PartSource was a good place to work at the beginning and then they expected to much from our small store. Our store wasn't like the rest, there was no job advancement, and tight on money when it came to working longer hours and didn't want to pay employees for the great job we did do, hence why three managers and 5 + employees left. Now there stuck with a manager that knows nothing about car parts and he has drove away business.
Pros
great customers!
Cons
not getting reconized for great things we did do
awesome place to work
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 May 2018
great place to work, if the hours were more. But, they only give upto 24 hrs a week for pt employees, and they no longer hire fulltime. Too bad, because the management of the store was great.
Fun
Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB2 May 2018
great and friendly place to work. staff is amazing and like family. highly recommend. Staff is always in a good mood and wanting to help you find the right parts. There is no drama.
Dont work for Partsource
Commercial Parts Manager/key holder (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2018
Basically Autoparts by Canadian Tire

No room to advance

Horrible Pay

Poor Management

Hated this company and working for them after a very short period of time
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
parts place delivery
Dispatcher, driver, picker (Former Employee) –  mississauga21 March 2018
this is an ok place to work if you dont mind bad pay hours are decent order picking car parts delivery selling parts to customers doing returns and merchandising
Pros
nice people
Cons
bad pay
Very rewarding environment to work in
Parts Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2018
It is an alright place to work at. For the duration of my employment my specific location had gone through 4 manager turn overs. Though I started before some employees and worked really hard, i still dind't get promoted. No room for growth.
forgot something
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sour Spring, ON12 January 2018
make sure you know how to mop the floor you will mop it the floor and washrooms throwing garbages cleaning washrooms.come on part source you forgot to mention all these?
Laid back, Low pay.
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB11 January 2018
I worked as a commercial manager and was tasked with working with clients to get the m the correct automotive parts in a prompt manner.

management was always chaotic. always changing how the store wa setup and generally wasted time on a day to day basis.

workplace environment was relatively laid back.

hardest part of the job was due to under staffing causing workers to handle multiple roles at once creating a much larger workload then needed

most enjoyable part was going home every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PartSource. Our community is ready to answer.