PARTS FOR TRUCKS Employee Reviews

Great company to build a career with
Admin (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 February 2019
Over the past 4 years I have really enjoyed working here, I have lots of opportunities to learn and develop new skills in my profession.
I continue to see opportunities to grow within the company as long as I put in the effort.
My direct management has been outstanding and I can see that the company and its executives are putting in effort to address employee concerns and make it a great place for everyone to work at.
Used to be a fun place to work.
Warehouse/Parts Counter (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 January 2019
I don't no what happened to this place, i worked here at multiple locations. Used to be a fun upbeat place to work with a staff that was like a family.

Place took a major nose dive in a short time. Management took advantage of people who put in the effort and dumped the bad jobs on them. Lazy staff never had to do anything extra.

Certain staff would be looked at to answer all the phone calls while others wouldn't pick up a phone to save there life.

Warehouse guys always got crapped on if anything went wrong never a parts persons fault EVER.

The people that put the effort in and did good work never got rewarded or credited, just the same people that were not involved getting the praise over and over.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
Managers. Upper Level Staff. Job Advancement
5 February 2019

Parts for Trucks has been a member of the trucking community for nearly 100 years. As our business evolves with the times, we continue to offer quality employment and compelling career opportunities in warehousing, industrial sales, heavy duty mechanics and administration. We’re open to hearing more about your experience, so reach out to us at hr@partsfortrucks.com.

Started out as a great company but quickly went downhill.
Sales/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 January 2019
When I first started at Parts For Trucks I thought it was fantastic and I really enjoyed going to work everyday, That changed quickly and the place became toxic. the management is where the problems come from and they know it but refuse to do anything to fix it. I have since left the company and am happy I did.
Cons
Incompetent management
5 February 2019

Worst company i have ever worked for
Parts (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS21 January 2019
The most homophobic, racist and sexist company in HRM. Staff are either bigots, or miserable with the place and too depressed to leave. I wouldn't wish this chaos on my worst enemy
7 February 2019

We value your feedback and we’re sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience while working with our company. Like many other parts of society, our industry is changing and we work hard to ensure that we administer continuous training with positive, inclusive progression in mind. We’re open to hearing more about your experience, so reach out to us at hr@partsfortrucks.com.

5 February 2019

We value your feedback and we’re sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience while working with our company. We aim to foster a learning environment with a strong focus on continued education both through our internal systems and working in partnership with the local schools. Our management team undergo continuous training to ensure they are provided with all the skills and tools needed.

Relaxed and professional environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 October 2018
As a new employee I found the company very welcoming and gave me the time to get accustomed to the job. Not much Micromanagement which is appreciated.
Pros
Flexible based on life schedule
Cons
Not sure yet
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 October 2018
Wonderful company to work for. They are more than willing to train employees and strongly encourage you to part take in educational opportunities. Good crew of hard working individuals, many have been with the company for 20+ years.
Pros
Great company culture, respectful workplace, staff events and perks, good hours
24 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed working with our organization. This is exactly what we hope for every employee.

Parts for Trucks values its employees and their feedback. As a member of the trucking community for nearly 100 years we know that our team members are one of our strongest assets, and we appreciate being able to offer quality employment and compelling career opportunities in warehousing, industrial sales, heavy duty mechanics and administration.

Amazing Company to work for
Administration (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 October 2018
Parts for Trucks has an amazing culture, great benefits, great pay, and opportunities to learn and grow within the company. Management have an open door policy and are great to work with. You feel that you are a part of a real team!
19 October 2018

Busy, quality oriented and a focus on education & safety
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 October 2018
Parts for Trucks is a fast paced environment where quality and safety are front of mind. They allow many opportunities for continued education and have a high focus on quality.
Pros
decent wages
17 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying working with our organization. This is exactly what we hope for every employee.

Very Great Work atmosphere
Warehouse Design Project (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 July 2018
It is a great place to work in and have your independence in your work duties and routine. Management is easy going and will give you the trust you need if work is being conducted professionally and within deadlines.
17 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your scope and working with our organization. This is exactly what we hope for every employee.

Professional work environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 September 2017
Very professional work environment. Not much room for advancement. Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent software, very user friendly and easy to learn.
17 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with our organization. This is exactly what we hope for every employee.

productive
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 July 2017
Good company to work for. Benefits were good. company has been around for more then 75 yrs locally. Has a good reputation for product and service. as well as pricing
Pros
Company vehicle
17 October 2018

Don't come here to learn
Registered Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NS13 July 2017
Watched an apprentice with lots of potential and excitement nearly leave the trade after he was stuck on oil changes for nearly two years. All oil change jobs were left to him with no effort from management to train him.

Decent wages. Horrible environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 April 2017
The wages are decent . But everyone hates their job and the ones who don't are the ones who do absolutely nothing. Place operates like a union . Barely ever a decent amount of work on the go. Spend more time pushing a broom then anything else.
Pros
Decent wages, good breaks
Cons
Hostile/ discriminating environment.
17 October 2018

Parts for Trucks has been a member of the trucking community for nearly 100 years and is continuing to grow. As our business evolves with the times, we continue to offer quality employment and compelling career opportunities in warehousing, industrial sales, heavy duty mechanics and administration. We’re open to hearing more about your experience, so reach out to us at hr@partsfortrucks.com.

Apprentice Mechanic Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 December 2016
it's a great place to work i got along with everyone!
work was fast paced, pays were on time, benefits were ok ,
shift hours were ok , i love it and woudl love to go back

very stressfull
Logistics/Warehousing/Reach Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Halifax nova scotia13 February 2015
same thing over & over everyone feels down all about the company the more you do the more is expected not appreciated other areas of the company are rewared
17 October 2018

We value your feedback and we’re sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience while working with our company. We aim to foster a learning environment with a strong focus on continued education both through our internal systems and working in partnership with the local schools. It is a high-paced, potentially repetitive environment and we recognize this is not desirable for everyone.

Productive and Fun Workplace
break shoe remanufacturer (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 May 2014
a typical day of work consists of stipping and cleaning 300 break shoes this is an easily achievable task, the co workers are all friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job would be keeping the shop clean and the easiest, most enjoyable part is working on the machines.
Pros
Decent breaks, good amount of over time available, fantastic excercise
Cons
Dirty environment, older shop so the heating and air conditioning doesn't work well.
17 October 2018

I enjoy the people I work with
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 April 2013
My day can start inside, outside the shop or on the road doing service call....
If I am inside or outside I go to my service writer for my 1st job and just continue from there

I enjoy my co-workers, we all seem to work well together.

The hardest part is the down time as I do not like make work jobs, I like to be busy
Pros
competitive wages and fair benefits
Cons
high turnover and lack of further training
17 October 2018

As a member of the trucking community for nearly 100 years we have grown and with that growth comes new and exciting projects. We know that our team members are one of our strongest assets, and we appreciate being able to offer quality employment and compelling career opportunities in warehousing, industrial sales, heavy duty mechanics and administration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PARTS FOR TRUCKS. Our community is ready to answer.

PARTS FOR TRUCKS Reviews by Location