Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited

Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Mostly relaxed workplace and an awesome group of people
Not much to say but a good place to work. I would recommend others to work here or any other location. Very friendly staff to work with and easy to get along
Low starting pay but work all year around
Company I worked for got baught out but since the change in company we have gotten more equipment and where able to bring on more people so work has gotten a lot easier and less stressful
decent pay
multiple jobs need to be done in the day so you could be a processor who is cleaning out silos and unloading/loading trucks operation of the robotic arms for small loads
mal géré
employés exploités au maximum aucunne activité organisé par la compagnie
Pros
nul
Great company to work for
I enjoyed my time working for P&H good benefits good people I learned a lot about different grains and how to pick and sort to clean and adjust the machines to the customers preference
Amazing company
Best company ever
You should consider yourself lucky if you get hired.

Great pay, great people to work with.

Company organized BBQ every month, or pizza or something.
Pros
Company BBQs
Cons
Everything is awesome
Awesome company/POOR location culture
Respectable and growing company within industry. However, location culture was extremely unprofessional and lacked integrity! Very immature mindset, especially for breaking into a new area with a new elevator. Have a lot of challenges to over come.
Pros
Able to own own 'business/customers'
Cons
Very poor integral and professional work environment
Great!
Recommended.
Enjoyed working for this company. Staff and management were kind and considerate. Started with them as a summer student and they have kept me throughout my final school year and were very adaptable.
Varies significantly from site to site I'd imagine.
-'lifer' staff are catty to an extent as I have never seen in any of my many year of work, quite frankly I have to compare it to the attitudes of high School girls on television. Which was even more shocking given their demographic.
- wages are acceptable, though notably below industry average.

-Benefits are fairly standard to other similar companies, they don't leave you wanting nor jumping with joy.

-facility is old and significantly outdated, which leads to many unnecessary risks and complications.

-facility is horrendously overrun by pests, its mouse problem significantly outweighs that of any facility I've ever seen including, wooden elevators, feed mills, pulp mills or feedlots. It's genuinely unsettling that they handle human grade foods.

-Paid days off and generally easy to take a good summer vacation.

-If you don't receive an agreement in writing they will renage on it, do not trust a handshake, any deal from high up head office management to supervisors will require a signature or you'll get jerked around.
Pros
Good benefits and time off.
Cons
More than a few.
Great company culture
For the most part my experience with P&H was wonderful. I loved the people I worked with. The owners made me feel like a valued employee and that my contribution to the company was important.

The reason I ended up leaving was because, in my department, there was little room for advancement, and I was not content to stay where I was indefinitely.
Pros
Corporate gym membership, flexible hours, RRSP matching program
Cons
Little room for advancement
Terrible place to work if you have a family
Terrible management from shift supervisors all the way up to top management. Don't care about work-home life balance. Expect everyone to work 6 days a week. If your sick then they make you work Sundays also. I was actually told after missing my son's soccer game "your son will hate you anyways" by the plant manager. Too much favoritism. Had to leave after 10 terrible years. The employees are great and friendly and pay is top notch. With new management would be awesome place to work.
Pros
Pay pension other production employees, never get laid off.
Cons
All of the management egos and politics, Talking down to employees, Work hours. Having to work every weekend. Blatent favoritism
Great site
This site is very helpful when it comes to finding work in your area, it helped me build a resume and narrow down my options of work in my surrounding area
Great workplace
Great company, great workplace. Friendly workers. Good benefits and working hours is rotation 2 days on and 2 days off. Busy company and free courses.
Small staff, but great people.
Most enjoyable part of the day was being able to use there indoor gym facilities and being able to have breaks and go for walks.
Great people and great work environment.
Great place to work!
Processing payables on computer
Always learning about the agriculture business

Good & fair management

Repetitive computer work

Good people to work with
Pros
Treat employees very well
Cons
No cons
employees are fun to work with
The environment is scary since employees are constantly afraid of being laid off. Company policy is not to provide references to laid off employees. Company tries to develop a team work environment but only certain employees are encouraged to get involved. Showing an interest in developing more knowledge in areas other than the one you are working in is discouraged by some managers ( these managers will tell you that you are not allowed to ask certain questions since it is beyond your job description).
Not a fun place to work...too much work and no tools to help
I want to tried a new life in the USA i cant no longer stay in cold weather. So i am actually looking for work transition in a place where climat help you focus on your job with no stress.
Pros
Healtcare
Cons
Flexible schedule
Summary
Co-workers are friendly, kind, willing to help.
Manager is kind, understanding, professional, willing to teach.

Most enjoyable part was the atmosphere, you felt safe and happy to be there. You're well taken care of at Parrish & Heimbecker.
Pros
Free Lunches, Kind people, positive atmosphere
Direction
The job was enjoyable as I was able to cooperate with the grain merchants and we were able to drive sales for both sides of the business and we accomplished farm call together. The hardest part was the staff and the mentality that they should wait for customers to come to them and they are only comfortable dealing with the customers that they know and that they do not go looking for new clients and they are intimidated by those that do.
Pros
Flexibility of working with any product
Cons
Set in old way of doing things and adverse to change
Family like enviroment
I adored working for Parrish and Heimbecker Ltd. I was able to foster a lot of great relationships with my customers and co workers.
it was ok
working at parrish and hemibecker was good at the start but for the last coupple months i worked there they had me working oen day a week
Pros
good to work with other people
Cons
not enuff hours