parq Vancouver

parq Vancouver Employee Reviews

good

great employee great management easy to work with.friendly environment.accesible to all the management,they smile at you all the time.they greet you all the time

Excellent place to work

I love the people I work with and the culture. The work is easy and learning the procedures are easy. I love coming in to work daily. I hope this helps others apply.

Pros

Extended health benefits

Blau Associates

Nothing good to write about this place. Toxic work environment. people will bully you until you quit. Worker will bully you until you hate working there

Was a fun and friendly place to work.

I enjoyed don't time working for a hard working team that worked efficiently while maintaining a fun and positive environment. Lunch room for all departments to share.

Stay as far away from here as you can

Toxic and abusive on every level. Bugs, birds and rats in back areas. I wasn't there long but likely have PTSD from this place.HR helps no one. Run away as fast as you can.

Work place is fun place

Personally I am having fun working with parq Vancouver, the work culture, colleges, and the benefits that parq provides to its employees are exceptional. I will definitely recommend everyone to work for parq.

No job security

no job security , no bonuses , no fairness , no job security , management is usless , union is useless ... does nothing for members , no thanks or appreciation , was better managenmt on the old property . no job security don't bother here

Pros

no pros

Cons

all cons no job security no extra no bonuses no thanks no nothing

nice place

everybody is fun to work with and they won't let you feel left out on your first week working. Even if it is busy my superiors always lighten the mood and they make sure we have a balance with job and life.

工作待遇好

很特別的一份工作經驗 ,接觸不同國家的人,學到各國的語言,工作待遇很好,也有升遷的機會,很推薦大家嘗試!

Exhausting, but satisfying job.

One of the most advanced companies in the same activity. Very organized and structured in every way. The only issue is that we had to stay standing the whole shift.

Would not recommend to anyone

I have been working at Parq Vancouver since opening day. The job itself is not bad. Although we have to deal card all day and the customer is always angry for losing money, it is the management that is the worst. They will never protect the staff. They only care about money. They have no sympathy or empathy or understanding to any problems of the staff. If you call in sick more than 6 times in 1 year you will be blacklisted meaning you will be forced to provide doctor's notes or be written up and eventually suspended. The pay is very low for all of the stuff we deal with. It can be stressful as we are always taking the players money. The players get angry at us and the managers will not protect us. For an hourly pay of $13.20 per hour, I would definitely not recommend to anyone.

Pros

Get 40 hours per week

Cons

Low pay. Have to be able to work graveyard, bad management.

Blau F&B portion of Parq

Overworked and underpaid- If this is what you are looking for you have found it. Very little respect from upper management or ownership and if you like to be screamed at by your boss look no further. Just ask around, the industry is small. Won't find many that will say the experience was good but you will find lots that hated it. Should be easy enough to find someone that has quit, 100's have. They allow very little creativity from their chefs and instead steal from other restaurants menu items.

Cons

long hours, underpaid, poor work environment, poor vision

Good tips, high expectations

Enjoyed the opening of the Victor at Parq, however I found after working there for 6 months that management was hard on a lot of people. They have high expectations which is fine but I found that I was not valued and was treated poorly. Tips were good on the bar, and most of the staff where great to work with. Staff discount is pitiful and wage is low for the expectations. Servers make a lot in tips.

Good experience to open new restaurant

Worked morning shift that included doing inventory check for daily par levels. Cook to order. Very repetitive but is fun. The management team is still very new. Many things have not been resolved since opening. The people are very friendly.

Stability:

I currently work as a game dealer at Parq Vancouver. I love the job as I find dealing different table games to be very captivating. The casino is run very well.

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours a week of work with a stable income

Cons

Working night shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at parq Vancouver. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement