parq Vancouver

parq Vancouver Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Good tips, high expectations
Enjoyed the opening of the Victor at Parq, however I found after working there for 6 months that management was hard on a lot of people. They have high expectations which is fine but I found that I was not valued and was treated poorly. Tips were good on the bar, and most of the staff where great to work with. Staff discount is pitiful and wage is low for the expectations. Servers make a lot in tips.
good
great employee great management easy to work with.friendly environment.accesible to all the management,they smile at you all the time.they greet you all the time
Blau Associates
Nothing good to write about this place. Toxic work environment. people will bully you until you quit. Worker will bully you until you hate working there
Was a fun and friendly place to work.
I enjoyed don't time working for a hard working team that worked efficiently while maintaining a fun and positive environment. Lunch room for all departments to share.
Stay as far away from here as you can
Toxic and abusive on every level. Bugs, birds and rats in back areas. I wasn't there long but likely have PTSD from this place.HR helps no one. Run away as fast as you can.
Work place is fun place
Personally I am having fun working with parq Vancouver, the work culture, colleges, and the benefits that parq provides to its employees are exceptional. I will definitely recommend everyone to work for parq.
Do not work here
If you have the option to pass on working here, then do so. Management will "listen" but will always fail to act on the truly important things. They are very inefficient and sometimes unkind.
No job security
no job security , no bonuses , no fairness , no job security , management is usless , union is useless ... does nothing for members , no thanks or appreciation , was better managenmt on the old property .
no job security

don't bother here
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons no job security no extra no bonuses no thanks no nothing
nice place
everybody is fun to work with and they won't let you feel left out on your first week working. Even if it is busy my superiors always lighten the mood and they make sure we have a balance with job and life.
Exhausting, but satisfying job.
One of the most advanced companies in the same activity. Very organized and structured in every way. The only issue is that we had to stay standing the whole shift.
Blau F&B portion of Parq
Overworked and underpaid- If this is what you are looking for you have found it. Very little respect from upper management or ownership and if you like to be screamed at by your boss look no further. Just ask around, the industry is small. Won't find many that will say the experience was good but you will find lots that hated it. Should be easy enough to find someone that has quit, 100's have. They allow very little creativity from their chefs and instead steal from other restaurants menu items.
Cons
long hours, underpaid, poor work environment, poor vision
Good experience to open new restaurant
Worked morning shift that included doing inventory check for daily par levels. Cook to order. Very repetitive but is fun. The management team is still very new. Many things have not been resolved since opening. The people are very friendly.
Stability:
I currently work as a game dealer at Parq Vancouver. I love the job as I find dealing different table games to be very captivating. The casino is run very well.
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours a week of work with a stable income
Cons
Working night shifts