parq Vancouver

parq Vancouver Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews

Good place to work as a dealer/dealer supervisor

Compared to the other casinos around, the place isn't that bad. Management can make weird decisions sometimes but the middle managements themselves are really nice. Base wage isn't that bad and tips makes it worth it. If you want to get good hours like daytime then you'll need to be with the company a good few years.

Nothing much

The foremen, doing the bare minimum as they make it look like they are actually doing work while relentlessly criticizing employeesand telling them to work faster or else you're fired. When the employees work faster to get ahead of schedule, the foreman sends employees home because there isn't enough work to do and the workers end up losing an hour and a half pay due to the cheap foreman who only cares about money. When the job is going slow, foremen is constantly blaming the lack of progress on the employees working ability to the project manager, and you'll see some of your coworkers get fired, or sent to another site. Employees who have been there long enough, all seem to know the problem is management and the culture that is this company has promoted the real issues of favoritism leaving many good skilled workers unemployed after being poorly treated, while hiring a bunch of cheap labour (first year apprentices) and throwing them in situations where they cannot succeed and screaming at them to work faster where it's harder for them to learn how to do things correctly.Foreman makes you do plugs on your knees for 11 months straight if you're a first year and doesn't allow you to sit on a bucket or a spool of wire because it "looks unprofessional" or "if you're in pain you'll work faster"

Insights into parq Vancouver

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment

So far so good

The job is stable, pay is ok ... Good benefit, but hour is long , bad for night shift for new peopleOverall , it is good for someone want a stable income , and do not hate night shift

Pros

Stable

Cons

Night shift

Excellent place to work

I love the people I work with and the culture. The work is easy and learning the procedures are easy. I love coming in to work daily. I hope this helps others apply.

Pros

Extended health benefits

good

great employee great management easy to work with.friendly environment.accesible to all the management,they smile at you all the time.they greet you all the time

Blau Associates

Nothing good to write about this place. Toxic work environment. people will bully you until you quit. Worker will bully you until you hate working there

Was a fun and friendly place to work.

I enjoyed don't time working for a hard working team that worked efficiently while maintaining a fun and positive environment. Lunch room for all departments to share.

Stay as far away from here as you can

Toxic and abusive on every level. Bugs, birds and rats in back areas. I wasn't there long but likely have PTSD from this place.HR helps no one. Run away as fast as you can.

Work place is fun place

Personally I am having fun working with parq Vancouver, the work culture, colleges, and the benefits that parq provides to its employees are exceptional. I will definitely recommend everyone to work for parq.

No job security

no job security , no bonuses , no fairness , no job security , management is usless , union is useless ... does nothing for members , no thanks or appreciation , was better managenmt on the old property . no job security don't bother here

Pros

no pros

Cons

all cons no job security no extra no bonuses no thanks no nothing

nice place

everybody is fun to work with and they won't let you feel left out on your first week working. Even if it is busy my superiors always lighten the mood and they make sure we have a balance with job and life.

Exhausting, but satisfying job.

One of the most advanced companies in the same activity. Very organized and structured in every way. The only issue is that we had to stay standing the whole shift.

Blau F&B portion of Parq

Overworked and underpaid- If this is what you are looking for you have found it. Very little respect from upper management or ownership and if you like to be screamed at by your boss look no further. Just ask around, the industry is small. Won't find many that will say the experience was good but you will find lots that hated it. Should be easy enough to find someone that has quit, 100's have. They allow very little creativity from their chefs and instead steal from other restaurants menu items.

Cons

long hours, underpaid, poor work environment, poor vision

Good tips, high expectations

Enjoyed the opening of the Victor at Parq, however I found after working there for 6 months that management was hard on a lot of people. They have high expectations which is fine but I found that I was not valued and was treated poorly. Tips were good on the bar, and most of the staff where great to work with. Staff discount is pitiful and wage is low for the expectations. Servers make a lot in tips.

Good experience to open new restaurant

Worked morning shift that included doing inventory check for daily par levels. Cook to order. Very repetitive but is fun. The management team is still very new. Many things have not been resolved since opening. The people are very friendly.

Stability:

I currently work as a game dealer at Parq Vancouver. I love the job as I find dealing different table games to be very captivating. The casino is run very well.

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours a week of work with a stable income

Cons

Working night shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at parq Vancouver. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare parq Vancouver with

parq Vancouver reviews by location

Learn about parq Vancouver in popular locations

• parq Vancouver