parq Vancouver Resort & Casino

parq Vancouver Resort & Casino Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews

co workers are friendly

an easy job but limited room for growth . If you are looking for a stable job, take the gaming industry route. It let you deal with various people in all walks of life . Its a more reptetitive job. Unless you learn more games, the area of growth is very limited and contained in the same industry. Aside from the salary and good benefits, tips on top of that is average.

Pros

salary

Cons

management

Security officer position

Not a good environment and your not paid well,Lots of politics in the job environment. The senority causes you to not get a proper shifts or schedules.

Insights into parq Vancouver Resort & Casino

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Typical day involves stocking the bars and pantry’s staff are friendly running food

Typical day involves stocking the bars and pantry’s staff are friendly cutting lemons and limes and running food putting away stock and and assistan the bartenders to clean the bar after last call

Pros

Discount on all the restaurants after getting hired

Cons

No cons love night shift if your night person

Favorite job I've had!

I love working here. Coworkers, management, guests, they are all lovely. I love coming in to work, the environment is great and always fun! The only downside is that if you have low seniority, your shift choices are slim or none. This is fine if you are ok with working early mornings or graveyards. (I'm fine with it.)Food is good, staff in every department are nice, and I have fun at every shift I have.

Pros

Great coworkers/managers, beautiful casino/resort, good food, fun environment, great Christmas staff party!

Cons

Not many shift options with low seniority.

very productive,disciplined,and dedicated job.

I love working at Parq Vancouver because management is very friendly helpful,and super awesome..We have to do the hard jobs under management and supervision.

Fun place to work

Shift Managers are handsdown very nice but there will always be a few lower titles who acts more bossy and feeling owner of the company but its so easy to ignore them because 99% of the workers are very nice and a very fun place to work, easy for transportation as well, it just sucks there's no free parking

Can't think of anything positive

Upper management is very unsupportive. Expectation and pay does not match and you will never hear a thank you from upper management unless you attend their town hall, but of course it may all be just for show. HR will always take the short cut. If it's too much work for them, they rather ignore you. The company is cutting budget like crazy so service is definitely decreasing tremendously. People are getting let go left and right. Overall, the entire work atmosphere and team morale is negative.

Pros

Ok benefits

Cons

Long hours, people are always late for meetings, no appreciation for your work, cutting budget like crazy

Worst department ever work!

I have worked in Security Department of PARQ for few months and I am now no longer with them anymore. Management motto is simply based on fear approach. This particular department is the only department in PARQ which is not under protection by Union, nightmare really comes wave by wave after new management took over few months ago. Every bad thing you name it, basically their management philosophy is not accept employee expressing different opinion. They fired an employee at will if they don't like you. They keep on hiring but they keep on firing.. Glad I have left..

Pros

Company benefit package average

Cons

Extremely bad management approach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at parq Vancouver Resort & Casino. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement