Parmalat Canada Employee Reviews

Good Company
Senior Domino Administrator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 March 2018
Depending on where you are in the Corporate structure it can be a great place to work. Current salary purge going on, but company has been very good to myself and my family.

Typical day was steady performing support and system updates. Providing training and expertise.

Company used to train users, but that is now a thing of the past, and even free training can be hard to get approval for.

again, workplace culture , IT was tough with a task master running the department, with little to no money available for any.

Hardest part of the position was dealing with upper management, but overall "quality" managers were well respected and proved their worth. The atmosphere tended to gravitate to poisonous, but thankfully the people that actually work there will make it a great place to work. Promotion is few and far between, but salary rewards were pretty good, but those that shone, were never recognised nor rewarded.

Thanks to the fellow coworkers thisjob was wonderful and made it worth the daily trek to the office.
Pros
Free coffee/tea. Numerous free product tasting, and product in the fridges
Cons
upper management issues..
OK place to start out at in QA
Quality Assurance/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 December 2018
Not much room for advancement. QA Tech's have poor shift hours.
The company has poor communication with employees - not transparent.
The production employees are union
Pay is fair

The most enjoyable part of the job is being fast paced and very busy.
Garbage
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2018
If you clean up and are even remotley efficent the union employees will get you canned. Stay away from this place. There is no accountability for anyone there. They have twice the staff required and management is run by uptight period prone conts.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Very casual and pleasant company to work for
Development/Support Team member, 12-mo. contract (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 January 2019
As a contract position in this organization a lot of freedom and creativity was encouraged which allowed the full use of an individuals potential and experience to be used.
Pros
very flexible
robotic type of environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2018
Management very aggressive, employees are good too many changes in staff. very small work area, very uncomfortable. Noisy. People lost their jobs due to unforeseen illnesses. Too bad as those employees were fantastic.
Pros
location
Satisfait des enseignements que j'ai reçu chez Parmalat.
Stagiaire en pasteurisation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2018
Bon environnement de travail, pour apprendre et comprendre les procédés qui renferment la transformations du lait.

Le contrôle et réglage des paramètres étant l'une des parties les plus importantes durant ma formation. La connaissance des positions que chaque valve et équipement sur le planché en passant par la capacité à s'orienter en suivant les tuyaux de pasteurisation et de lavage, jusqu'aux différents réservoirs et machines à embouteiller.
Old Company, Old Way
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada11 January 2018
Recently acquired by a new organization, but still running like the 100 year old company they are. Benefits, offices, and processes need updating, but everything is done the way its always been done.
I like
Pasteurizer (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 December 2018
Great pay, great coworkers, great job! Somethings could use some updating but I’m sure that they are working on it. If you show up and know how to work, life is pretty good.
Pros
Free yogourt
Cons
Need to update some machines
Productive and very fast paced work place
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2018
Parmalat was a great place to work when everything was in place .The main problem was not having enough of the right trailers empty for loading . Which meant my co-workers and I had to get creative to complete the daily orders.
Pros
free milk and other stuff
Cons
not enough staff
Not a good culture to work in
National Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2018
Parmalat was an interesting company to work for, I learnt a lot about Trade Spending Finance and my job as National Credit Manager was great.

However like all jobs, if you management is not good you don't want to stay. I had great managers for 6 years and the last 2 the management changed for the worst. The CFO was a tyrant and my boss was terrified of him, so would not support his team.

I managed 56 people on my team, and I supported and respected them all,
Pros
Interesting job
Cons
Bad management

Want to know more about Parmalat Canada?

Ask a question
Credit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
A good place to work, but no chances to grow. Interesting and challenging, a lot of reconciliations and collection. Free products and company's products on sale.
Enjoyable place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON6 August 2018
I was hired as summer relief, but enjoyed the time I did work there, and if something permanent had been available, I would have considered staying. I was treated very well.
serious work ethic
Swing Shift Relief/ Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
Union shop. very busy days. Management very stiff and without a sence of humour . Shift work very tedious making it hard on family life. Fellow workers at least made things bearable.
Fun Working place
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
Work start at 8:00 in the morning to 4.00 pm Monday to Thursday is a normal work day and for Friday it is very busy as we have to stay until we finished all putting all the orders in the system.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Normal hours
mature workforce / down to earth
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, ON20 March 2018
Good company to work but it has its down falls on the management structure between departments.

They have a good pension plan and adequate benifets, This plant runs 24/7
Great production plant to work in
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 February 2013
Team work, line work packing and processing orders for customers.
Pros
great benefits over all great place to work
Cons
i relocated for husbands career forcing me to leave this company
Workplace
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, ON27 September 2016
Meet with employees, process and update all employment records. Work environment is not the best - set in their ways. Although there is nothing that difficult some things are monotonous
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
Long job, little reward
Excellente compagnie
Chargée de comptes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 April 2018
Parmalat est une compagnie qui prend soin de ses employés, avec d'excellents produits, très belle culture d'entreprise.
All in all a pretty good place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, ON26 February 2018
Shift rotation can be a little overwhelming by times while trying to juggle home life into the mix. There are few things that could be changed to make it a place of work.
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 July 2017
My typical day was scheduling an out side carrier to supply the food industry with our product and doing stock rotation, The most enjoyable part for me was working with the Shoebox campaign each year as we supplied the pallets for the volunteers at there warehouse. The workplace was was clean and all the people were friendly to each other, Management was great. I learned that it is important to have stock rotation and inventory each week. I think the hardest part of the job was to keep the flow going smoothly. From the raw product to the finished and packaged product to the shipping. I learned to have understanding of the whole scheme of things
Pros
Benifit package
Cons
There awere no Cons to this job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parmalat Canada. Our community is ready to answer.