Parmalat Canada Employee Reviews

robotic type of environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2018
Management very aggressive, employees are good too many changes in staff. very small work area, very uncomfortable. Noisy. People lost their jobs due to unforeseen illnesses. Too bad as those employees were fantastic.
Pros
location
Productive and very fast paced work place
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2018
Parmalat was a great place to work when everything was in place .The main problem was not having enough of the right trailers empty for loading . Which meant my co-workers and I had to get creative to complete the daily orders.
Pros
free milk and other stuff
Cons
not enough staff
Satisfait des enseignements que j'ai reçu chez Parmalat.
Stagiaire en pasteurisation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2018
Bon environnement de travail, pour apprendre et comprendre les procédés qui renferment la transformations du lait.

Le contrôle et réglage des paramètres étant l'une des parties les plus importantes durant ma formation. La connaissance des positions que chaque valve et équipement sur le planché en passant par la capacité à s'orienter en suivant les tuyaux de pasteurisation et de lavage, jusqu'aux différents réservoirs et machines à embouteiller.
Enjoyable place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON6 August 2018
I was hired as summer relief, but enjoyed the time I did work there, and if something permanent had been available, I would have considered staying. I was treated very well.
Not a good culture to work in
National Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2018
Parmalat was an interesting company to work for, I learnt a lot about Trade Spending Finance and my job as National Credit Manager was great.

However like all jobs, if you management is not good you don't want to stay. I had great managers for 6 years and the last 2 the management changed for the worst. The CFO was a tyrant and my boss was terrified of him, so would not support his team.

I managed 56 people on my team, and I supported and respected them all,
Pros
Interesting job
Cons
Bad management
Excellente compagnie
Chargée de comptes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 April 2018
Parmalat est une compagnie qui prend soin de ses employés, avec d'excellents produits, très belle culture d'entreprise.
Fun Working place
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2018
Work start at 8:00 in the morning to 4.00 pm Monday to Thursday is a normal work day and for Friday it is very busy as we have to stay until we finished all putting all the orders in the system.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Normal hours
serious work ethic
Swing Shift Relief/ Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
Union shop. very busy days. Management very stiff and without a sence of humour . Shift work very tedious making it hard on family life. Fellow workers at least made things bearable.
Good Company
Senior Domino Administrator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 March 2018
Depending on where you are in the Corporate structure it can be a great place to work. Current salary purge going on, but company has been very good to myself and my family.

Typical day was steady performing support and system updates. Providing training and expertise.

Company used to train users, but that is now a thing of the past, and even free training can be hard to get approval for.

again, workplace culture , IT was tough with a task master running the department, with little to no money available for any.

Hardest part of the position was dealing with upper management, but overall "quality" managers were well respected and proved their worth. The atmosphere tended to gravitate to poisonous, but thankfully the people that actually work there will make it a great place to work. Promotion is few and far between, but salary rewards were pretty good, but those that shone, were never recognised nor rewarded.

Thanks to the fellow coworkers thisjob was wonderful and made it worth the daily trek to the office.
Pros
Free coffee/tea. Numerous free product tasting, and product in the fridges
Cons
upper management issues..
mature workforce / down to earth
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, ON20 March 2018
Good company to work but it has its down falls on the management structure between departments.

They have a good pension plan and adequate benifets, This plant runs 24/7
All in all a pretty good place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, ON26 February 2018
Shift rotation can be a little overwhelming by times while trying to juggle home life into the mix. There are few things that could be changed to make it a place of work.
Old Company, Old Way
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada11 January 2018
Recently acquired by a new organization, but still running like the 100 year old company they are. Benefits, offices, and processes need updating, but everything is done the way its always been done.
Nice workplace
Bilingual Credit Rep (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 November 2017
I liked the company. It's a great company with great products, great team, great managers.

But advancement to grow in the company in the credit department is limited.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no advancement in credit
Slow steady growth
Operations Analyst / SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
The company participates in many activities for employees in community involvement. e.g. Bell walk for kids.
It has slow steady growth and is very stable but, because of a slow steady growth there is next to no advancement.
possibilité de travailler sur plusieurs projets en même temps avec différents départements
Contrôle et assurance-qualité (Former Employee) –  Marieville, QC25 September 2017
Malgré le manque de personnel qualifié dan la direction à partir de l'année 1999, j'ai pu travailler sur plusieurs projets différents.

implication sociale facile
Pros
bons avantages sociaux, travail 3/jours par semaine possible
Cons
malgré la bonne implication, la direction est insensible au bon travail des employés
Excellent Company to work for
Manger Operations Accounting. (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 August 2017
parmalat was acquired by Lactalis of France when I was with the company. They use SAP software reporting system is very refined and deadlines are tight. Some late work is required in Finance.
Pros
Big company
Cons
lack of traninging
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 July 2017
My typical day was scheduling an out side carrier to supply the food industry with our product and doing stock rotation, The most enjoyable part for me was working with the Shoebox campaign each year as we supplied the pallets for the volunteers at there warehouse. The workplace was was clean and all the people were friendly to each other, Management was great. I learned that it is important to have stock rotation and inventory each week. I think the hardest part of the job was to keep the flow going smoothly. From the raw product to the finished and packaged product to the shipping. I learned to have understanding of the whole scheme of things
Pros
Benifit package
Cons
There awere no Cons to this job
Was good, then turned horrible
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 July 2017
Years ago, this was an awesome place to be at, then management changed and currently, every manager there has no experience or education in the field and it shows. A supervisor had 14 harassment claims against him, so upper management promoted him! If you want to work somewhere that doesn't care about you, then come to Parmalat. You'll get belittled and beaten down on a daily basis.
Pros
Free milk
Cons
management doesn't have a clue
Great job, great company
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 July 2017
Drive from store to store talking with contacts, putting out product, analyzing the store for potential opportunities. Lots of driving necessary with the job.

thick skin is not necessary but would help.
Good and stable place to work and Managements are cooperative
Senior Maintenance Millwright (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 July 2017
Meeting with the fellow colleagues to get the feed back of the remaining work, pending jobs and what could be the better way to improve the efficiency of the production and maintenance.

Importance of team work, collective ideas, respect others opinion, listens to the people on the floor and react.

Managing work with due diligent, work ethics must be upheld to the company standard and time is the most important factor to do the right thing in right time.
To mange people in a situation of no show up to the work.
Most enjoying part of the work is satisfaction after the job well done and getting appreciation of the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parmalat Canada. Our community is ready to answer.