Parmalat Canada

Parmalat Canada Employee Reviews

Canada95 reviews
Was a good job
Was a good job to work at. Nice placement for full time works. Pay rate wasn’t good but I kept going to work. And the drive to work was easy for me to get there.
Cordiale professio
Bon choix de travail très bonne compagnie traité bien c’est employé
Great place to work!
I had an amazing experience with my internship at Parmalat and learnt invaluable skills which I will carry forward with me. The work environment was supportive and collaborative.
Great place to work, all is good in the land of Milk and honey
You will need to work well and work hard ,

Life in Milk and Cheese is very fun and very engaging

Free innovation samples and discounted cheese, yogurt and Milk Products on holidays or special launches . Good Benefits but no eye care So if your Blind please save a portion of your bi weekly pay
Bad management
The managers are quick to blame everyone but them selves for errors, quick to fire people and have no problem swearing and yelling at people, they go as far to call you an idiot in front of your peers
Extraordinaire
Meilleure expérience de ma vie! Je suis devenu un leadergrace à eux.
Pros
Tout
Cons
Aucun
Avantages compétitifs
Manque de discipline au niveau de la direction, par rapport à l'écoute des employés. Les avantages sociaux sont très avantageux.
Job security
I worked out of a branch that was unionized in Belleville Ont at a cheese processing factory. Now aside from management being run by monkeys, and the favoritism that follows, I actually quite enjoyed my job and my wages I was paid. I did sanitation work before it became part of the operators duty. Now job security is a low point with this company, and almost political in nature. In my case I had a wrongful dismissal that ended in my termination, but the government took my side and I was awarded half my wages for a year.
Good work environment
This is the beginning in new country, A good place to learn and have good experience as you are involved in end to end process. Management is supportive.
Learned a lot here
This company was great when first hired and I learned a lot. A few years later the company was purchased by a French company and the culture changed. Key recruitment offers like bonus and half day Fridays during the summer were cut back or eliminated. Continuous stream of French managers sent in to boost sales but to no avail. You can expect a lot of reporting above and beyond your normal duties which is then sent overseas. In the last two years almost all senior managers have left and the majority of the long time mid levels managers have left as well. Some positive things about the company include lots of free product, a golf tournament, great Christmas party and free parking. Best part of the job would be working on some great brands and free products. Worst part of the job is excelling in your role however it could still mean zero bonus based on how the company performs nationally. Simply put, bonus not tied how good you are at your role.
Fast Paced Environment
fast paced environment with a competitive aura. Strong leadership but they do not communicate at levels beneath them. Honesty and integrity not high.
it was internship
University of Winnipeg placed me for this one month internship in Parmalat.
It was fruitful, useful and new experience working on the milk plant.

Unfortunately, my internship finished and I had to move on to another job.
Working with Parmalat
I am a former employee with Parmalat. The job itself is not hard or stressful but Management and HR are disorganized. There is not flexibility with Parmalt. They have preferences or is I can say favoritism. You bring your sister I bring my daughter you bring your son I bring my friend. So if you are not family, to get hired it is hard and you will not last. The impression they give it is not what they are. You can’t go on Vacation when you want even though you ask. They will let you go when they want according to their schedule and not yours.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Management, HR and staff need improvement
Not a secure company turnover is ridiculous and they gave no valid reason. Management is cold, HR is not helpful and are cold people. Overall not a nice company to work for.
Worst work experience of my professional working life
Senior management bases their opinion of employees on perception only. They don’t recognize true value of employees and have no clue as to hurdles employees must overcome just to do their jobs. Hard work, dedication and pride are not recognized. And forget H.H. They favour senior mgmnt
Great people at the local level - beware the seagull management
Great place to work. Friendly and collaborative atmosphere in the plant and the offices, but beware of the ex-pat and out of province seagull management who like to fly in and sh#t all over. Many have not figured out that running a business in this country, you have to follow the laws and regulations of this country.
Day to day
Day to day system network check. Monitored the network, Monitored VMware environment by resize VM servers or moving VMware servers for load balance. I performed daily backup
worst company ever, stay away
bad management,
managers pursuing their goals only (bonuses are only for them)

good employees are not appreciated

long working hour, working during the statutory holidays as well
Senior management is not very active
Little to no support

Daily stresses

Terrible scheduling

Poor working environment

Out of touch HR

Toxic union environment

No appreciation for going over and above
Good pay - Bad culture
The one thing Parmalat does decently is pay its employees a decent wage. Other than that, the company does not stand out. Work-life balance does not exist and working from home is not allowed. Nepotistic management so if you do pursue a position within the company, make friends with the big guys fast. There is room for growth but prepare to be shut down a few times first unless of course, you have connections in the right places. This company is about the bottom line so employee perks are at a minimum.
Awsome place
Free milk, easy work very well thought out organization. Everyone is ready and willing to make sure you succeed. Because Parmalat is about their employees as much as profits.