PARKWOOD MENNONITE HOME Employee Reviews

4.1Job Security & Advancement
Friendly Staff, Clean and a Quiet Workplace
Elderly Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 November 2018
I should start this by stating that I was only a volunteer here and not a paid worker, so my review may not be the best of references. I volunteered for church services and worked with the residents in the care units rather than the residents living independently in the apartments/homes.

I only worked weekends but I loved working with the residents and staff there, no staff member had anything nasty to say to you and were nothing but friendly. If a resident was being belligerent they were quick to step in. It was managed well, I was independent and working on my own for my entire time there which I loved. After you learned the job they trusted you to do it and I enjoyed that trust.

There only thing I found difficult had nothing to do with the home itself. Naturally it is a retirement home, some of the elderly people there are very sick and confused, therefore sometimes they got frustrated and angry with you for little reason, but it came with the territory. The positives far outweighed that one negative, I enjoyed coming in every weekend.
Warm, inviting, fun and full of love!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 September 2018
Never want to have a bad day at work again? Come work at Parkwood. You will fall in love with your job, co workers and residents. 10/10 would recommend.
productive and fun place t work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 January 2017
In this facility i learned how to work well as a team and developed skills in working with frail persons.The front line staff are amazing at this facility. They are very supportive and resourceful when it comes to caring for the elderly.
Dedicated Employees.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo,Ont.2 January 2017
Great people to work with.terrific customers to serve.Pay is now good due to unionization.Management is OK but are "bottom-line orientated". The work is Meaningful and Fulfilling.
Great Place to work
Enviromental Services (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 September 2016
Very busy at work, alot to of work to be done,
Learn how to mange and put together a work ethics to the best of my ability
Management is very respectful
Work as a team
Hardest part of my job is trying to keep up with all the work that needs to be done in the time period that I have
The residents of Parkwood Mennnite Home
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Work load
fun workplace
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 February 2014
I love it working at parkwood
Team work
Healthy Environment to work
caring staff provide supportive, professional care to the residents.