Parkview Transit Employee Reviews

Fun place with friday morning breakfasts
School Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON4 December 2018
Buses are kept clean and well serviced by professional mechanics

Friendly environment with great colleagues to work with

Enjoy working with the company and meeting all the students I pick up and mingling with fellow drivers
Pros
Friday breakfast prepared by management
Cons
Not enough hours
No company activity’s
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON6 September 2018
Nice company to work for, friendly people and the Management is always helpful, you can count on them if you get stuck on the road. The Senior Drivers get most of the charters but they have plenty so even if you are not a Senior Driver get you get some charters too!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
You have to drive up to the yard to fuel your big bus.
Not a bad place for a part time job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON23 November 2017
I enjoyed driving the students around but felt that we as bus drivers were extreamly underpaid considering the fact that we were transporting children. We were expected to care for all of our students while driving safely through the streets of our towns and cities.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
underpaid
ok place to work if you have to drive a bus
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON27 October 2017
I dont want to do this

the pay is bad as most bus companies...

they have no spare drivers which makes it very hard to get time off...

they dont cancel the buses enough in cold weather...
Good workplace
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
The whole staff is cooperative and helpful and understandable. They gave gifts cards every month that is impressive. And on special occasions they gave extra gifts. It's really good to be a Parkview 's family.
Friendly work environment
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 August 2017
All the drivers and staff look out for each other and are friendly. Very family oriented place and they treat their staff fairly. You can take your children on your route too
as lon as you are welling to work their is work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON24 August 2017
driving kids to school and home. on charter the teachers are not helpful . always late . dispatch are so nice and helpful mechanics are so nice . Vehicles are older modle
A good part time job
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Caledon Ontario12 August 2014
Parkview offers good part time driving positions. As long as your expectations are set in accordance to what they provide it is a good part time position. Advancement is possible but limited both by the company and ministry regulations. I will return as a School bus driver when I no longer need to count on the income. I enjoy driving and when controlled the students are a pleasure to work with.
good company to work for-nice staff and helpful employees
School Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Bramalea area27 October 2013
A typical day at work starts with a circle check of my bus. I then proceed to pick up students for school and safely transport them to their schools in the morning.
In the afternoon, I pick the students up at their schools and safely transport them back to their designated bus stops.
Pros
Day job which allows me time with my children at night
Cons
Salary is low for single mom with 3 children at home.
Wonderful job.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON10 June 2013
Day starts at 7 am with a walk about of the bus, then on to pick up our students for the high school and public school. This job has taught me not to be judgemental patience and people are required to work to gether in order to be the best. The hardest part of this job is being out their when your limited to what you can see due to the blowing snow and you know it is only your driving skills will get these children and young adults home safe. and then to get yourself home safe and sound. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet every day.
Pros
respect
Cons
none really
This is an ideal job for those with small children and looking for a little extra money.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON14 April 2013
first student to pick up at 7:15am and drop off at the school at 8:40, return home by 10 am. have 4 hours off and return to school by 3:00 and drop last student off by 4:30pm.

Co-workers are great.
Pros
time off for family, no weekends unless you voluneer for charters on weekends.
Good place to work with good management and co-workers.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON24 October 2012
A typical day of work started at about 7:00 a.m. doing the bus check. I left home at about 7:40a.m. to start a run finishing about 9:00 a.m. and then unto another school to do a field trip. Field trips could be anywhere within a 40 to 50 mile radius of a school. I learned how to be patient with traffic, with noisey children and teachers, to organize my time to be on time for all my runs, and how to research a trip. My co-workers were wonderful people. I enjoyed a social time and planned my time within field trips for shopping, picnics and talking out situations with my friends. We're still close and get together often. Management were supportive during difficulties arising from children and helping when we needed to have time off. My buses were well maintained and my schedules often worked around my daily life. I worked at a ski club during the day, only in the winter two days a week. The company was always understanding if I turned down a field trip. I enjoyed having the ability to take my children when they were young. I enjoyed getting up in the morning to go to work because it didn't feel like work, it felt like a good thing to do. The winters could be difficult with ice and snow and bad roads or days of fog but I learned to deal with it all. Driving everyday, you learned to adjust with weather.
I felt useful and confident in what I did and how I did my job.
I have always enjoyed people and enjoyed helping wherever I can. Life is always more fun if you feel you have accomplished something at the end of the day.
Pros
tax deduction for lunches, . received free coffee, lunches or admittance to various places.
Cons
no pension plan, no benefits, c.p.p. short on contributions because of part-time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkview Transit. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2