Parkview Meadows Christian Retirement Village Employee Reviews

Management problem
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Townsend, ON3 June 2019
Highly not recommended. Management is horrible to work for. I was recently employed for a very short time as I called in on my probation period because my dog almost died and we were in the hospital and didn’t get home till after 3am. I DID NOT HEAR FROM MY SUPERVISOR I GOT THE CALL FROM THE MAINTENANCE GUY. They claimed my boss had to step out of the office on a Wednesday and wouldn’t be back until after the weekend. That’s why the maintenance guy was calling to inform me I no longer worked there. When I called the my bosses boss she acted like she didn’t know what I was talking about but she would talk with her and get back to me. Never heard a thing.
Horrible horrible horrible management
Management are a major problem
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Townsend, ON1 June 2019
This is supposed to be a Christian location, but management has no Christian values at all
I was an entertainer there. I have an issue with their management. It is such a minor issue but due to the way management handles issues , it has blown completely out of hand, I was accused after the fact that I was late for a performance, and they unilaterally cut my fee without any discussion. When I sent an email about this, it was completely ignored. I had attached Google location information that proved that I was there with plenty of time.My phone calls were also ignored. I then phoned and spoke to the administrator. She obviously didnt want to handle this, but said she would get back to me the same day. I never heard a thing. A week later, I phoned again, and she was coming up with fumbling excuses that she had been on vacation . She again promised to get back to me the same day. I never heard a thing again, not even any acknowledgement of my emails. (She is paranoid about responding in writing and just tries to exhaust any persons attempts to complain). I wrote another email a week later. This was again ignored.

It is not so much that my fee had been reduced but the fact that they were lying about me being late. My reputation as an entertainer is important. This could of been so simple and without any antagonism. It just needed someone to say "sorry we made a mistake, we will send out the rest of your money" Except when you have paranoid management who also try to bully situations. Even when there is obvious proof that they are wrong, they will bully you to the point where
  more... you agree with them that the earth is flat. Thats why I decided that i should talk to the board about this.

I phoned Parkview trying to get the boards information. I had staff trying to find out what my problem was and were blocking my enquiry. they were obviously scared to give out information. The board members contact information should be public information and be freely given (Christian location also). I ended speaking to the assistant controller who again tried to find out why I needed the information. I said it was a complaint and that it was a private matter. She did agree to send me immediately an email with the boards contact information. She didnt send it. I phoned again a few hours later, I left a message about when she was going to send the information. She still didnt forward the information. A few more hours later, miraculously I received a conference call from the administrator and the activity manager.when for weeks I was being totally ignored.

It is so obvious what had happened. The assistant controller was frightened to forward me the information without talking to the administrator. The administrator told her to not give me the information. She then decided that I needed to be dealt with and phoned me.
What followed was a very bizarre conversation. I presented the evidence which basically they ignored. It turned into the pair of them challenging my professionalism. They tried bullying tactics multiple times, still saying that I was late starting. I guess if you say it enough times, immaterial of the facts, then it must be true. They said I arrived 15min late and started 25 min late. Now here is manipulation for you. I asked about security cameras and it slipped out that they had already checked that and the timing supported my other evidence. What? So they knew before they started talking to me, but just couldnt say they made a mistake. They still say I was late. They say that I took 25min to go up 1 floor on an elevator and go 50ft down a corridor. I guess there was some kind of time black hole I dropped into. The administrator was just getting more belligerent, because I wouldnt accept I was late. She just asked me what I wanted. I said I wanted my full fee and an apology/acknowledgement that I performed on time , and consideration to be hired in the future. She belligerently said she would pay my remaining fee and no way would they I acknowledge they were wrong. This was said in a somewhat screaming fashion and then she hung up on me.
Point to note, they had the security footage from the start which proved I was on time, but they from the onset tried to bully me into accepting that I was late. Bizarre!!
The next day I phoned the assistant controller about giving me the board information, and she refused to give me the information. It is obvious, she has been told to block me. She didnt want to talk to me and transferred me to the administrator. . I said who I was and asked why she was blocking my access to information. She went crazy on the phone ranting that it was harassment. Talk about trying to intimidate me. I asked if she was refusing to give me the information. She was ranting again. Eventually she gave me a name and an email.
The next day I tried an introductory email. It was not a valid email. I cant find reference to the name I was given either. I sent an email to her requesting formally the board information. I am yet to receive a response.
So this is how a trivial matter gets handled by an egotistical, paraniod micro-manager. It is no wonder the staff end up acting strange.

P.s. Just so you know I have a degree, certification in management and worked in middle management for many years.
Cons
Absolutely terrible management
Run away
Worker (Former Employee) –  Townsend, ON19 May 2019
High staff turn over. They will literally fire you just before probation ends. They've lost most of their long term staff on the floor but gave a raise to try to keep them. Management will bully you, and talk about you to other staff behind your back. They're so short staffed there's lots of hours to pick up before they fire you.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Horrible management.
worst place to work, poor managment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Townsend, ON30 November 2018
Management is bully. Its nightmare to go to work, you never know how many people won't show up when you go to work, and you will end up handling heavy work load.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
heavy workload
would not recommend working here
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Townsend, ON11 November 2018
The manager of this retirement home is a nightmare to work for. She pins staff members against each other. Corners staff members and questions them constantly. If you have an appointment she will call said appointment place and confirm. Very unprofessional, very high turn over rate because of this “issue”. All other staff is amazing and residents are very well cared for. Very heavy work load and constantly short staffed.
Pros
Lots of shifts available
Cons
Manager is an absolute nightmare
great workplace focused on caring for its residents
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Townsend, ON4 September 2018
Parkview Meadows is a clean, and comfortable working environment. There is always Something happening for the residents and most of the staff care deeply for them. Just like any workplace there are times when staff have interpersonal conflicts, and there are times where staff feel tension with management, but when these situations arise they are dealt with in a timely manor. Just like any other workplace there are challenges from time to time when it comes to scheduling, especially during summer (vacation) months, but the employer is almost always flexible and willing to work with staff when it comes to shift switches or changes, to accommodate people, when possible, with the resources available at the time.
Pros
clean, reliable, safe, modern, benefits
Cons
high workload at times
Degrading clients, improper cleaning
Psw (Former Employee) –  Townsend, ON19 June 2018
I seem first hand clients being degraded and having brief changes in mid air spread eagle with doors open. People not being cleaned between brief changes. If you have not problem with taking away people's dignity, this job is for you....
Very Secure Job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Townsend, ON25 May 2018
Very good place to work if your looking for a secure job. It provides benefits to full time staff, avaliability sheets to control how many shifts you'd like be avaliable for besides the four days your required to work if your part time.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Weekends and holidays
Wonderful Retirement & Long-Term Care Facility
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Townsend, ON15 April 2018
Parkview Meadows Christian Retirement Village is wonderful place for seniors to either retire, rent, or be well taken care of in the long term care facility.

The staff in all departments are very caring, dedicated and always go that extra mile.
Love my job
Part-time Cook/Casual Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Townsend, ON3 January 2017
i love my job but I am looking for a full time job. as I have been here for 4 years and am still part time. I know its hard to get full time in health care these days. just seeing what is out there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkview Meadows Christian Retirement Village. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5