Parkview Meadows Christian Retirement Village

Parkview Meadows Christian Retirement Village Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
We are understaffed, always working short. More work added all the time and different rules every day. They have cameras watching us all the time. Management contradicts herself and she encourages tattling. We run our butts off and never hear a thankyou. But you sure hear when you do something wrong. Morale is low. Staff looking for other jobs and even residents want to move.
Pros
Fun coworkers and lovely residents
Cons
New residents dont meet the criteria.
Highly not recommended. Management is horrible to work for. I was recently employed for a very short time as I called in on my probation period because my dog almost died and we were in the hospital and didn’t get home till after 3am. I DID NOT HEAR FROM MY SUPERVISOR I GOT THE CALL FROM THE MAINTENANCE GUY. They claimed my boss had to step out of the office on a Wednesday and wouldn’t be back until after the weekend. That’s why the maintenance guy was calling to inform me I no longer worked there. When I called the my bosses boss she acted like she didn’t know what I was talking about but she would talk with her and get back to me. Never heard a thing.
Horrible horrible horrible management
This is supposed to be a Christian location, but management has no Christian values at all
I was an entertainer there. I have an issue with their management. It is such a minor issue but due to the way management handles issues , it has blown completely out of hand, I was accused after the fact that I was late for a performance, and they unilaterally cut my fee without any discussion. When I sent an email about this, it was completely ignored. I had attached Google location information that proved that I was there with plenty of time.My phone calls were also ignored. I then phoned and spoke to the administrator. She obviously didnt want to handle this, but said she would get back to me the same day. I never heard a thing. A week later, I phoned again, and she was coming up with fumbling excuses that she had been on vacation . She again promised to get back to me the same day. I never heard a thing again, not even any acknowledgement of my emails. (She is paranoid about responding in writing and just tries to exhaust any persons attempts to complain). I wrote another email a week later. This was again ignored.

It is not so much that my fee had been reduced but the fact that they were lying about me being late. My reputation as an entertainer is important. This could of been so simple and without any antagonism. It just needed someone to say "sorry we made a mistake, we will send out the rest of your money" Except when you have paranoid management who also try to bully situations. Even when there is obvious proof that they are wrong, they will bully you to the point where
 - more...
Cons
Absolutely terrible management
High staff turn over. They will literally fire you just before probation ends. They've lost most of their long term staff on the floor but gave a raise to try to keep them. Management will bully you, and talk about you to other staff behind your back. They're so short staffed there's lots of hours to pick up before they fire you.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Horrible management.
Management is bully. Its nightmare to go to work, you never know how many people won't show up when you go to work, and you will end up handling heavy work load.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
heavy workload
The manager of this retirement home is a nightmare to work for. She pins staff members against each other. Corners staff members and questions them constantly. If you have an appointment she will call said appointment place and confirm. Very unprofessional, very high turn over rate because of this “issue”. All other staff is amazing and residents are very well cared for. Very heavy work load and constantly short staffed.
Pros
Lots of shifts available
Cons
Manager is an absolute nightmare
Parkview Meadows is a clean, and comfortable working environment. There is always Something happening for the residents and most of the staff care deeply for them. Just like any workplace there are times when staff have interpersonal conflicts, and there are times where staff feel tension with management, but when these situations arise they are dealt with in a timely manor. Just like any other workplace there are challenges from time to time when it comes to scheduling, especially during summer (vacation) months, but the employer is almost always flexible and willing to work with staff when it comes to shift switches or changes, to accommodate people, when possible, with the resources available at the time.
Pros
clean, reliable, safe, modern, benefits
Cons
high workload at times
I seem first hand clients being degraded and having brief changes in mid air spread eagle with doors open. People not being cleaned between brief changes. If you have not problem with taking away people's dignity, this job is for you....
Very good place to work if your looking for a secure job. It provides benefits to full time staff, avaliability sheets to control how many shifts you'd like be avaliable for besides the four days your required to work if your part time.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Weekends and holidays
Parkview Meadows Christian Retirement Village is wonderful place for seniors to either retire, rent, or be well taken care of in the long term care facility.

The staff in all departments are very caring, dedicated and always go that extra mile.
A lot of paper work but it gives one the opportunity of reviewing residents' overall condition and work alongside both day and evening staff to help improve it or enhance it.
Pros
We have a great team working the night shift.
Cons
The usual personality conflicts between staff members.
i love my job but I am looking for a full time job. as I have been here for 4 years and am still part time. I know its hard to get full time in health care these days. just seeing what is out there.