Parkland Corporation

Parkland Corporation Employee Reviews

Poor management and dispatch

Pay doesn't reflect the work they expect, dispatch goes by a computer and most have never done the job, and management micro manages and with no common sense.

Cons

Long hours different start times and always on different equipment

Fast paced but a rewarding place to work at.

It is an amazing company to work at. All companies I have worked for in the past, claimed that their most important assets were their employees but none could back it up. For the first time, I believe this statement to be true with Parkland. They give you the tools to be successful and there is lots of opportunities to grow as well. I recommend this place in a heartbeat.

Ok company as a stepping stone

Worst management ever. Always questioning everything, cutting cost so they will receive a bigger bonus. Deals done under the table. Little pay for what they ask of employees.

Pros

Cons

Too many

Do not start at the Edmonton Branch

The management is a bunch of headless chickens running around and not accomplishing anything. They know less about trucks, fuel or even transportation than most. The office staff are about as good, but not quite. There is no home time, resets only, a fight to get vacation time. The push is always on to get a 14 hr day done in 10, some of which is caused by not being allowed to start until 7am. The equipment is old and on its last legs, all maintenance is reactive not proactive. Slip seating is a BIG thing here, and never expect to get a ride washed.

Pros

Some co-workers

Cons

Middle Management interfere with day to day ops

The Middle Management, has no clue, as what they ask of their drivers. No focus on leadership, just new rules to replace old ones. It's now become a dictatorship atmosphere. Equipment on its last legs. Equipment constantly going down. Work schedule is suited only for their needs. Don't plan anything on days off, cause you'll be ask to work those days too. Weekends mostly consist of 36 hr resets.

Pros

Great benifit package/fellow workers

Cons

Middle Management

Seasonal Employee

I was there to work, do the best job I could.Had a great working relationship with management,and employees.Started training other drivers within a couple months, my previous experience was in the same field of work.Moved around a lot after a couple of years, became a floater and was only glad to help when and where needed.still be there if it wasn’t for COVID and my back issues!

Pros

Very accommodating to my needs

Cons

Long hours, not for everyone.

Left during merger

Laid off employees who needed jobs. Management was a mess. Easy job. Responsibilities for overnight crew making things improperly and throwing off waste accountability.

Not a place for advancement

If you want a job that you have no say, no advancement and no hope, apply. Otherwise run!! It's worse than being in a pit of leaches. Everyone is talking...nobody is listening.

Serious turnover problem

Horrendous work-life balance - expect to work until 2am every single day. Average tenure is less than 2 years so everyone leaves quickly. No respect for your personal plans, life, family. lack of efficiencies and effectiveness, lack of professionalism, nepotism, Peter principle

"Okay" company

Typical day can be boring with same type of tasks in hand. Not much to learn about the business apart from buying and selling, logistics, taxes.Everyone seems to be on the edge so people keep to themselves

Pros

pays my bills, routine work

Cons

long hours, no rewards or direction

Jobs at Parkland Corporation

See more jobs

Unhealthy stressful environment

1. Very mediocre but egoistic management2. Its a Fuel reseller (basically a middle man) not a big shot energy company like they claim3.They consider anyone as "RESOURCE" that can be switched out4. So unless you are a robot stay away

Pros

Timely paycheque, free coffee, sparkling water

Cons

Long hours, no cross-training, work in silos, no vision

Environnement de travail

Équipe pas unie, chacun travail pour lui, contre l'autre. Jalousie, incapable de gérer un problème a l'interne se plaint au boss ou superviseur. Aucune reconnaissance.

Horrible place to work

Everyone was out to take one another job or to get you fired. Never had any support from peers. Leadership was very poor or nonexistent. Would never work recommend this company

Pros

days off

Cons

everything

Worst company I have worked

1. All project, process are miss managed. very poor management.2. Blood sucking company, long work hours, minimum pay.3. You need to pay from your pocket for official expenses.4. Most of internal and external portal, tools are buggy, not working.

Pros

Just a big brand company

Cons

long hours, minimum salary, poor management skills, buggy tools

Worst company

Worst company to work for. you are considered as a robot rather than a human being. Lack of respect, management asks for review feedback but then does not take any action. no work life balance. Manager never helps us on our issues, tells us to keep quiet

Pros

No positive point. everything is worst here

Cons

manager, director behaviour, rudeness, salary, backstabbing

Poor management behaviour

Highly stressful environment created by middle management and their way of leading people by fear. Either you keep quiet and do what they say or risk getting fired. No open space to resolving issues, meetings are full of tension. Favoritism has taken its toll, people who don't work properly or do not even have the skill set are getting promoted.

Pros

Remote work is the only one left

Cons

Work life balance, Low pay, Lead by fear, micro managing

Pray your company is not acquired by Parkland

Everything was great until Parkland took over. Previous owners had much greater oversight. Management is now operating without that oversight and it shows. Squeezing every last cent out of a sinking ship and driving moral down to levels almost never seen. Do you think the job you have is the one your applying to? No. You will have 3 jobs by the end of your first year. If you like anything about your job they will take it away soon enough.

Pros

It's a job?

Cons

Overworked, Treated Poorly and Unfairly, Stressful, Unsafe

The culture at Parkland used to be great. You had a great HR leader in ON a few years back but I have to say that there is zero HR presence now. Who looks after ON? Who visits us? ABSOLUTELY NO ONE! It's a shame!

Managed by fear

When I first started it was a fantastic company. New management rolled in, started managing by fear. Telling us l we were replaceable. Even employees that had been there for years. Micromanagement is the other tool used. The took away tools that could actually be used to help day to day jobs and replaced them with things to track and find out ways to punish employees instead of helping them do their job. They had a culture of fear as opposed to one that they promoted a one of advancement. The entire business is likely up for sale as soon as the price of oil returns. I feel for the current employees and hope they get a good pay out when its sold.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Super stressful, fear managed, poorly managed

belle environnement

manque clairement de vison a long terme , la compagnie travaille sur une vison a court terme pour satisfaire les actionnaires , ce qui met une pression énorme sur les employé en place

I enjoyed my work.

I worked at Parkland for a better than three years. I was based out of the Fort Nelson branch. The manager I had JM, supervisors RP and CV were all great people to deal with. During my time there I was treated really well and enjoyed my work.

Pros

Benefits, wage

Cons

I got layed off, but thats business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9