Parkland Corporation

Parkland Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada136 reviews
I enjoyed working for this employer, as well as the other employees. I also enjoyed the repore with my customers, as well as my fellow employees, as well as ma
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Dealing with management
Don't join the commercial sales team.
They have a track record of hiring hunters and laying them off within 1-2 years once the commission builds up. This is how many public companies/executives grow a division fast to maximize their share options within the vesting period. Hunt a good opportunity with a private firm instead.
Pros
Freedom, commission (until lay off)
Cons
Lay off as soon as commission gets good
Nous avons pu garder nos emploi durant la pandémie et Parkland à su employer les méthodes pour garder un environnement sécuritaire.
Vous etes un numéro chez Parkland. A éviter. mauvaise ambiance. beaucoup de frustrations chez les employés. taux de roulement élevé.
Never any shortage of hours or work until March.
Opportunity to see and work in places I would otherwise not visited. Provided me with all the tools and resourses that were needed to complete my tasks.
Pros
All travel and living expenses paid for by the company
Cons
Away from home for extended periods of time
Get ready to be busy. detail is important, processes are yours to build if there is not yet one in the area. Overtime is something you will get used to, but the benefits are worth it. Don't forget to take time for yourself and have a great time getting to know the ins and outs of this quickly growing company.
Parkland is a great place to work with fun and friendly team members. They know when to work and when to have fun. Everything I know about being an administrative assistant and the Oil and Gas industry, I learned from being with Parkland.
Worked as a fuel and propane truck driver for 2 years. Very disorganized, spend a lot of time in ridiculous meetings. They have a lot of good perks (benefits) if you are lucky enough to figure out how to obtain them. For the most part I was overworked and underpaid. Managers are very uncaring. Just my opinion from the 2 years I worked there.
A terrible place to work, total compensation is not competitive in the Calgary market or in the industry. The "leadership" (director level) have little to no industry experience or knowledge and no leadership skills. An absolute toxic workplace where people live in fear. The executive leadership team is clueless to the toxic culture beneath them and lack of knowledge in their "senior leadership team."
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Parkland Corporation?
Your a number and that's all, over worked , not in the budget is a common sentence used there, inexperienced staff and management , I seen some of the office staff crying before there so stressed and over worked with no respect or answers
Excellent place to work, DM' s are very helpful and supportive . All rules and regulations are followed . Reviews and follow ups are done on time. I enjoyed my time working there.
Good company to work for and great people to work with. The company stresses the importance of health and safety, and is committed to the communities it serves.
Pros
Team Building days
Cons
Parkland has been growing so fast that the pace of work is very busy with trying to incorporate new companies into the Parkland processes. The safety team was good to work with and the field personnel were open and willing to work with safety.
The staff and management were great. Learned a lot from each and everyone I had the experience to meet. hardest part of the job was learning to do the ordering online for the business. The greatest thing about the job was the interaction with the customers. I learned how to bake and do the ordering for the side that I worked in. Was a great learning experience.
Fas Gas Didsbury is a store which has a lot of customers in Didsbury as it has some of the best deals available, as well as a very clean and presentable store front.
Pros
Free chips from returns
A very fast-paced environment, with a very chaotic strategy for the future.

PROS:

* Great People

* Salary / Benefits

* Working with multiple systems and procedures - learning a lot

CONS:

* No Work / Life Balance (working around 55 hours per week instead of 37.5)

* Very stressful environment

* Changing continuously without letting employees get confortable with procedures

* No clear strategy from the Higher Management - created a lot of chaos
Good place to work people are very friendly, work is enjoyable. during my project time I found colleagues very helpful and very clean and spacious working environment.
I would not recommend Parkland Fuels. Senior Leadership is the biggest part of the problem. There is a disconnect in communication. They will not make a decision nor will they give you any commitments.
regular day at work: store maintenance ,inventory, placing orders on computer and through various merchants, serving customers at cash, answering phone calls, interviewing new candidates, managing the staffs needs, scheduling,

hardest part i'd say would be time management alot of things happening at the same time an applies pressure to meeting deadlines.

Best part for me is the people that i worked with (employees, managers, supervisors)
Parkland grown so quickly it is a constant integration project with all the problems that come with that. Office politics right up to senior management places employees in the crossfire. Managers are sometimes weak and instill a culture of fear. Good people are to be controlled while management doesn't deal with poor performers. The business itself is very interesting and challenging but Parkland is the worst place I have worked in my long career. I would not recommend them.
They don’t care about you

They are after cheque’s

Just another money hungry oil company

Almost went homeless from their horrible accounting departments mistakes