Parkland Corporation

Canada197 reviews

fueloilsharegrowingbalancedriverbiglife

I enjoyed my work.

Featured review

Parkland Corporation selected this as a representative review
I worked at Parkland for a better than three years. I was based out of the Fort Nelson branch. The manager I had JM, supervisors RP and CV were all great people to deal with. During my time there I was treated really well and enjoyed my work.

Pros

Benefits, wage

Cons

I got layed off, but thats business.

Busy and lots of learning

Good if you want to learn. More of learning the job as you do it. Stressful on month end and long hours. Issues are to be fixed right away. Top management are open and always communicating to all employees. Quick to respond in any crisis.

Pros

Good boss

Cons

Long hours on month end

Insights into Parkland Corporation

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager

Terrible management and dispatch very disorganized

Management and dispatch are clueless they have no idea what is going on or how to do there jobs.As a driver once your out in the field you are on your own dispatch never answers the phone and if they do most of time can't help you because they are clueless.Run as far away from this company as you can

Excellent place to work, mostly clerical and customer service.

Enjoyed working there. Drivers were friendly and helpful if I had any questions about products or deliveries. Was an enjoyable and respectful, professional work environment.

Pros

Good pay and benefit plan including stocks.

Cons

None.

Parkland

Dysfunctional and staunchy . People are being fired on a weekly basis. New Managers and new hires alike. I would not recommend ever working for this company.

Amazing work environment. Great place to grow and learn. Amazing managers whom are very accommodating. Plenty of advancements. Definitely a place to consider.

Fantastic support, coworkers are always there to help, and great atmosphere. Would highly recommend.

Since starting there six months ago, I feel like a part of a family. Lots of support while learning the job. Lots of materials to reference for information that are regularly updated.

Great trades job

My only concern is the environmental toxins. Very physical - not mental. If you want to show up, get told what to do, be given a good amount of time to finish, this is the place.

Fast paced and disorganized

No processes, no organization but the expectation is still high that work needs to be completed quickly. Revolving door of people. Strange to find anyone with more than 2 years experience.

Pros

Down to earth environment

Cons

Wild west

Good people, but prepare to be overworked

Processes/systems are broken and it’s extremely fast paced. Great if you don’t mind a grind, are independent, and can create your own work/life balance

Nepotism at its finest

New leadership in People and Culture is clearing house and bring in his minions to take over. Experienced hands are being let go or leaving to other departments in droves.

It's a job not a career. To much favoritism to be equal

Management takes care of themselves. Huge double standards in treatment. Lacking respect and fairness. Once summer comes drivers are a dime a dozen in their mind

Pros

Reliable work

Cons

Lack of trust and respect

Will keep you on your toes

Company seems to be going through a transitional phase, where often the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. Also seems to be alot of passing the buck

Good salary and benefits. Good management staff and well organize

Parkland is a very good compagny I can recommend to anyone. We do not really work under pressure and the workplace is amazing.We often have a team meeting to stay in touch.

Quantite defi

Les defi sont present. Faut etre pro actif et solide comme perssone

Pros

Defi

Cons

Surcharge

Management speaks of work/life balance in words only.

Things have become steadily worse over the few years since Parkland bought our refinery. Employee surveys are ignored. Management is out of touch with how anything actually works. The company is constantly buying other companies. How about focusing on this one and it's many problems.

Pros

Paycheck comes in on time

Cons

Workers might as well be robots as far as upper management is concerned.

Company is slowly falling apart. Contractors get better treatment then their own employees. Do not value employee opinions.

Management operates like a rudderless ship. Extremely reactionary with terrible planning capabilities. Upper management micromanages to the point where those who are supposed to report to them do not know their own responsibilities. Suggestions made by employees are frequently acknowledged but ignored. Lack of resources leads to employees working way more hours than they are paid for. They are unable to produce a copy of the company policies when requested despite making changes to them where they see fit.Making record profits but slashes benefits and workforce. Recent feedback survey indicates culture and morale is dead across all locations and departments. Employees do the bare minimum and pass the blame on to the next individual.Are promised the world when being hired but will quickly learn that your talents can be put to a better place.

Pros

-very little -a place that pays the bill

Cons

-poor management skills, -can't decide which direction they want to go. 7-11 or oil & gas industry, -do not value employees

I would highly recommend you work elsewhere.

Morale is at a low point. Employees don't care anymore. A lot of people quit or go on a long-term leave of absence.Used Covid has an excuse to do massive layoff even though profits continue to increase and received government grants. For months/years employees have been complaining about workload and management refuse to open positions and when they do it’s for short-term positions.Bad communication from management and between teams. Lack of leadership from management. Grew by acquisition but don't know how to properly integrate new companies.Multiple organizational changes in a short period of time creating confusion, nobody knows who does what. Employee surveys results are worse every year and management doesn’t address the real problems.

Cons

Negative work Environment, Understaff/overworked, Disorganized, Lack or bad communication from management and between teams

all about the bottom line

was laid off during the pandemic, so i can't really speak on too much about the work atmosphere. However i was under the impression that this was an essential service, i guess not.

Pros

nothing

Cons

laid off while company was making record profits

Great Place to work. Constant Changes.

Great place to work and team environment. Always changes and growth happening throughout the company. Each day can be something different to keep you on your toes. This sometimes can cause stress that needs to be managed.

Pros

Benefits and compensation

Cons

Delays in approvals

Fishing trips n fun days with pay

Excellent place to work . Good benefits.very good team competitive salaries work hard and fun times. Good vacation packages option to invest and own part of the company. Option to transfer to new locations . Opportunity to grow with the business. Learn new trades . Tuition programs available

Pros

Free lunches at times extra help available from the team if needed .

Cons

Long hrs at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement