Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre

Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre Employee Reviews

Community support

As a placement student, i got to be apart of programs and got to interact with clients. The staff was nice and friendly, and they helped me feel apart of everything.

Great place to work if you like petty managers, favoritism and unjust agency practices

Working in harm reduction at PQWCHC was one of the worst things that ever happened to me. The CHC is very cliquey and the incompetent management consistently engage in favoritism. Peer workers and staff who try to engage critically with any agency policies are treated as disposable. There's a reason that they constantly have job postings up and can't retain staff despite paying better than other harm reduction services in Toronto. I would not go back for any amount of money and the day I quit was one of the happiest days I've had in recent memory.

Dynamic team environment

A typical day starts with a team meeting where we review current and upcoming events relative to the clinical team. The management is helpful and very supportive to staff. The team is supportive and work environment is good.

Diverse

Loved volunteering my time here at Parkdale. Very welcoming and accepting of new faces. Very set of diverse clients coming into the office. Always up for the challenge.

Pros

Diverse

Cons

hours

fun work place

Enjoyed working with children, • Educated children on the dental decay process, Canada’s Food Guide, and the proper techniques of brushing and flossing

Pros

beneficial for the children

Cons

lots of patience required

Exciting

Loved Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre! Learned so much about the incredible world of dentistry and appropriate approaches to patient care.

productive, fun workplace with great staff

Great team to work with supportive, passionate, and knowledgable staff compassionate about the client population in the neighbourhood and their wellbeing

no supervision or recognition

In the several years that I worked here, I did not receive any performance reviews. There were many issues at meetings that could have been addressed in a single email. No clear direction or supervision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement