Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Management reviews

Canada59 reviews
Very nice management and staff. No benefits or pay increase. Equipment is serviced weekly, if it was broken, it was fixed or replaced ASAP. Never a shortage of work which I appreciate because I like to keep busy.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Minimum wage w/no increase
12 June 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Parkbridge. We are delighted that you had a very positive experience during your time with us.
As a Community Administrator, I interact with residents from 3 parks. It can be busy and a little stressful at times, but overall it is very rewarding. I find that Management, direct and upwards, is supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the Community residents, and being able to experience their ups and downs with them. The hardest part about the job is the communication ... sometimes it takes a long time to get answers, and the residents are looking for results that might not come for days, weeks, even longer. A simple "I hear you" from Management would go a long ways.
20 May 2020
It’s employees like you that help us go above-and-beyond in delighting our residents. It’s great to know that you feel supported in your position, and we appreciate your comments on better communication, too. Being timely is something that we strive for, and it's important to hear from staff when we can improve. We’re so happy to hear you value the relationships you're building with residents and truly understanding their experiences – we couldn't ask for more from an employee and thank you so much for your dedication to the Parkbridge community.
I can understand where some of the negative reviews here are coming from, but all-in all, this company isn't much different from your other average corporation. Yes, it has workplace politics and some of the people in management are idiots... but that applies to most companies. The company has locations all over Canada, so I think your experience will be very different depending on where you are and who your manager is. My manager was fantastic and made the job great. If you are interviewing, get a feel for the team you'd be working with -- they'll be the ones you'll interact with every day.
Pros
busy, room to grow, great co-workers
Cons
workplace politics, different working conditions across Canada
6 April 2020
We are happy to hear that you had such a positive team experience with us. Fostering a supportive work environment is important us. We involve our managers in leadership training and building community through teamwork is at the heart of who we are. Thank you for providing a review.
Its ironic how their moto "I am Parkbridge" stands true to their word as any company usually says lets work together or as a team but in the hindsight of things people only care about themselves. They don't give any regard or acknowledgement to the people at the bottom of the totem pole that help hold the company, resorts and parks together. All said and done there is no regard to family commitments, compensation pay for extra hours worked, and nowhere to go but out the door. Could keep going but got better things to do.
18 March 2020
We are very disappointed to hear that you have had this experience in the workplace. Our people are the heart of Parkbridge we and work with our managers to ensure our C.A.R.E values (Community, Authenticity, Respect, Excellence) are brought to life in the workplace every day. We will take your feedback to our team.
Presents very well...at first! There should be a lot of room to grow due to the size of the company and properties. Good managers are simply given more to manage with the same pay and very little support. Good people will always do what they can to help out, but inevitably feels like perpetual crisis management and people get burned out. To add insult to injury the company policies are to hire externally first. Meanwhile you've kept the party going on a shoestring only to have new talent come in to start in the manager mill all over again. In the end you are poorly paid, there is no work life balance, no real career advancement...but as long as you look good on paper and the shareholder is happy...its the Parkbridge way!
4 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We value the great team we have, and supporting our staff in growing their careers at Parkbridge is important to us. We encourage all our staff to apply for any open positions they are interested in and always interview internal applicants. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not what we would have hoped for.
This job was in a campground (that I also camped at) and was your typical store clerk type position. The store was similar to a convenience store selling candies, camp supplies, basic grocery items, etc. Management was very supportive, at the time, and made the environment welcoming.
21 February 2020
We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with us, thank you for taking the time to provide a review!
Parkbridge is a great place to work. Adaptability is an asset. I work on one of the Adult Living properties and every day is something different. I enjoy the freedom my manager gives me to troubleshoot and to learn new skills. She listens and is always interested in hearing my ideas for improving work-flow or customer service. In my almost 4 yrs with Parkbridge, I've had the opportunity to take on more responsibility, create processes and training documents and be recognized for my efforts. Like any company, effective communication is key between employee and management.
Pros
A manager who listens and communicates openly. Salary is good for the area.
Cons
Upper management making procedure decisions without consulting those that have to implement.
21 February 2020
We are happy to hear that your manager is creating such a positive work environment and hope you will continue to grow your career with us! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We understand that good communication is crucial and are working to improve our communication channels throughout Parkbridge.
-Disconnected Management.
-Lack of Direction and Leadership.

-"Blind leading the blind."

-Revolving door, especially at the front line level.

- Worst employment experience ever.
9 January 2020
We are sorry to hear that your position with us was not a positive experience. We appreciate your feedback and have passed it along to our team. We strive to create a supportive work environment for all our staff and are very proud of the great team we have. As we grow as a company, we continue to work on improving our processes to ensure all our colleagues have the resources they need to be confident and empowered in their roles.
They promise you the world... then rip it out of your little hands
Management is Poor
Harassing in the workplace
Tools provided are “Lockedout” yet still operated with

Abusing workers rights

The Community manager “Bully” on campus

Ministry of Labor investigations

Toxic environment
27 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. Parkbridge does not tolerate harassment in the workplace and has policies in place to report and address harassing behaviour. Our employees are our greatest strength and we strive to create a supportive and respectful work environment. We take all feedback very seriously and have shared your comments with our management team.
Wonderful company to work for - Management is very supportive.
Always lots to do and many different hats to wear. The Residents are amazing and make this job very rewarding.
19 September 2019
We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying being a part of the Parkbridge team. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.
Parkbridge believes in their employees and provides tools to help them enjoy their day at work. Fresh fruit, vegetables, yogurt, snacks and drinks are always provided. They have a strong believe in Family and what it stands for. Management are approachable and they have an open door concept. They are some wonderful employees who are a joy to work with.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Treat employees well, Wonderful people to work with
Cons
Needs better communication with new processes and procedures
9 August 2019
Thank you for your review of Parkbridge – we are happy you are enjoying your work and that you are finding it a great place for your career. We work hard to create a collaborative, transparent and positive workplace for all staff, and appreciate your feedback.
Resorts have no money ..they are drained to use to build up the community properties.
Upper management are always changing.
There worried about there bonuses not about doing what right
Pros
Residents are needy and complain about the price of there fees
Cons
Managers are hired to be fired
6 August 2019
Thank you for your review, and we are sorry you felt your Parkbridge experience was not a positive one. We take great pride in building a positive work environment at our resorts and our communities. We do strive to listen to our people and make adjustments where possible to create a positive work experience. And we take great pride in developing and supporting our people by providing learning opportunities and career development.
Very strange corporate culture. Read these reviews before you even apply for a job here. After interviewing a potential employee twice proper etiquette indicates that you should let the employee if they were the successful applicant or that you have decided on someone else. This was the executive team. The second interview was very odd. Why in the world would you argue with someone about how long it takes to get from your home to the office. I definitely dodged a bullet. Unprofessional individuals in a position of power. Scary...run...
Ps...hired 2 days later for a more professional organization.
Pros
Seemed like a good job
Cons
Lack of professionalism
12 June 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a personal review. At Parkbridge, we take great care to ensure we hire the right people to contribute to our goals and who embody our ‘I am Parkbridge’ commitment and CARE values. We are proud of our collaborative approach to this process. Please be assured that we continuously evaluate the effectiveness of our recruiting processes for all types of job applicants.
Horrible place to work, your ideas are pushed aside,communication is poor, management is awful. treated like nothing for busting your hump and never thanked, or rewarded. don't expect a raise billion dollar company, only the management will see more money. run from this place as fast as you can.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything
28 February 2019
From Parkbridge: Thank you for your feedback. We want to assure you that we do focus on making Parkbridge a great place to work. We aim to ensure our compensation packages are competitive with the local marketplace and we take great pride in developing and supporting our people by engaging with colleagues, and providing learning opportunities, and career development.
I start my job 4 years ago and really enjoyed working with Park bridge. They are listening to their employee and always come with good solution . Great management and good people.
I'm very happy to work with such a great people and great culture.
28 February 2019
From Parkbridge: Thanks for taking the time to share your experience working for Parkbridge. We appreciate your feedback, as it serves as a testament to our “I am Parkbridge” commitment. In everything we do, we seek to understand, create community and make it happen. These core beliefs influence all our business operations at every level of the company.
I read reviews and thought, it can't be that bad. IT IS! There is no real praise for the work you do, as it gets taken credit for by others. The communication is horrible. You are a little fish in a big sea of people who only care about themselves, their job security and their advancement. Staff are not appreciated by management.
Cons
poor communication, horrible people in parks and resorts.
28 February 2019
From Parkbridge: Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience in the workplace. We work hard to create a collaborative, transparent and engaging work environment for all our people and we appreciate any feedback that we can do a better job in this area. Your comments will be shared.
DO NOT trust the favourable reviews here, they are fake. Unfortunately....Parkbridge is one of the worst companies myself and some colleagues have ever worked for. Senior Management have the worst people skills, the work environment and culture is toxic. Compensation is ok but not worth putting up with.

My advice is to stay away and apply for lower paying positions if necessary, just don't poison yourself by staying.
28 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We aim to ensure our compensation packages are competitive with the local marketplace. However, we are disappointed to hear about your experience at Parkbridge. We work hard to create a collaborative, transparent and positive workplace for all staff, and we appreciate any feedback that we can do a better job in this area. Your comments will be shared.
Read reviews that don't sound like "sound bite" by mrkg/employee perform reviews (honest ones). Employees leave Parkbridge feeling emotionally scared.
Cons
Remember Parkbridge: Treat people badly - you've lost a customer - nor will they recommend the company to any potential customers.

Its like being in high school all over again - and senior management are the Seniors.

Don't take the risk - move on unless you have no other job choice.

There is no career at Parkbridge - its JUST a job.
I find it interesting that my reviews keeps disappearing....

This is not a good company to work for...period. I was completely lied to in my interview and when I confronted HR about she was completely caught off guard. And this was the Director of HR!

I actually saw emails that were printed off and left on the fax machine from HR to a woman in the office who was pregnant regarding her being off due to illness with her pregnancy...I was shocked!

Culture is horrible and management does NOT care about its people because this is where you go to work when you can't get anything else so the management team is full of uneducated, unethical and unprofessional people. Anyone who has been there long term has worked their way up from reception or custodian...I kid you not!

Management would hide in their office...doors closed all the time. I received 2 hours of training and then was left on my own. Community Manager had basic skills and didn't know how to use the photocopier let alone a computer...he was completely useless. My first week working there he kept telling me how bad of a company they were to work for and how afraid he was of his boss. HIS boss would come in the office and yell for him from her office...so unprofessional. And HER boss would tell people "if you don't do what we say then boom...bullet to the back of the head and you're gone"...

Residents were horrible to staff. These are trailer parks their managing and with it comes a certain class of people. We were yelled at, threatened, and many times threatened physically. Several No Trespass letters
 - more...
Pros
Nothing...
Cons
Everything...
Great place to work. Great team atmosphere. Excellent clients. Benefits are top notch. Executive team really cares about all the employees and their opinions.
I have worked for Parkbridge for almost 14 years and have enjoyed it from day one.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9