Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities

Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Employee Reviews for Manager

Manager5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
Presents very well...at first! There should be a lot of room to grow due to the size of the company and properties. Good managers are simply given more to manage with the same pay and very little support. Good people will always do what they can to help out, but inevitably feels like perpetual crisis management and people get burned out. To add insult to injury the company policies are to hire externally first. Meanwhile you've kept the party going on a shoestring only to have new talent come in to start in the manager mill all over again. In the end you are poorly paid, there is no work life balance, no real career advancement...but as long as you look good on paper and the shareholder is happy...its the Parkbridge way!
Official response from Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities
4 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We value the great team we have, and supporting our staff in growing their careers at Parkbridge is important to us. We encourage all our staff to apply for any open positions they are interested in and always interview internal applicants. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not what we would have hoped for.
Great place to work. Great team atmosphere. Excellent clients. Benefits are top notch. Executive team really cares about all the employees and their opinions.
I have worked for Parkbridge for almost 14 years and have enjoyed it from day one.
At Parkbridge you will be working hard and will be rewarded for your hard work.

I have been working at Parkbridge for over 2 years now and love that not one day is the same. Lots of variety and learning experiences.

The people are what makes the company great to work for!
Pros
Free coffee and snacks, great company culture, employee recognition program
Have worked at Parkbridge for a few months now and am really happy to be working with so many dedicated, passionate people who really care about our customers. It makes me care about my work even more. A great place to work.
Notably, Canada's largest slum landlord, vying for top spot on the toxic culture scoreboard.

This organization is managed by an ego driven and self-supporting executive team, more concerned with their own titles, promotions and bonuses than the customers they serve. This company is owned by a teacher's pension fund, one that should be conducting third party audits on a regular basis. If I were a teacher and knew the scope of problematic issues throughout this company who is responsible for looking after my pension money, I would hire the auditors myself.

On a daily basis I witnessed seniors in tears, pleading with community managers to talk to the powers that be and convince them not to raise the rents, as they have every year since the new leadership team took over. These seniors cannot afford the rent on their mobile homes.

Middle management and operations level staff deal with the customer complaints about the leadership team being unapproachable, uncaring and unwilling to address real community problems, like fixing roads, or maintaining common areas, but the leaders will spend six figures on the annual company get together.

Slowly but surely, the good employees are leaving, these are the ones who understand the value of happy employees and satisfied customers.

I quit to be true to myself. My values are in complete conflict with this company's self proclaimed values. They have the words, the mission and value statements and cram them down the employees throats at company functions. Unfortunately, they do not live up to any one of them.

I feel for those
 - more...
Pros
Can't think of any pros, I'm still bruised by the experience
Cons
Ceo, leadership team, culture
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9