Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Employee Reviews

Horrible atmosphere
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2018
Horrible place to work, your ideas are pushed aside,communication is poor, management is awful. treated like nothing for busting your hump and never thanked, or rewarded. don't expect a raise billion dollar company, only the management will see more money. run from this place as fast as you can.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything
I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else !
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON14 October 2018
I work in the finance department at Parkbridge and have so for more than 5 years. I’m very proud of the company I work for and the people I work with. There is not one person that works for this company that is unapproachable, including any member of our leadership team. Everyone’s door is always open.
This company truly cares for its employees+our well being. Our fridge is always filled with healthy snacks as well as hot and cold beverages. We have amazing benefits with a GSRP program that Parkbridge matches. They offer monthly learning sessions as well as a communication platform for employees to stay informed and connected. We donate money every year to a charity of our choice and participate in many fundraising events. Parkbridge is an amazing company to work for, I am PARKBRIDGE.
Pros
Great People, Amazing Culture, Growing Company!
Cons
No down time, always busy ! Hard to attend all staff events.
Great People, Great Company!!
Senior Health and Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2018
I am surprised at some of the negative reviews as my experience with Parkbridge was a positive one.

Pro's

They give a platform for worker feedback on how Parkbridge can improve and regularly implement their suggestions.

They are diverse - Senior management is made up of a variety of different genders and ethnicity's. Equality is obvious and appreciated.

They throw multiple fundraisers, charity events and other community based activities.

Growing company with great job security.

Great people! I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with over the years.

Con's

Employees at 100+ locations can make it difficult to successfully get a message across.

Corporate setting can take time for documents to get approved (non-critical documents).
Great company to work with
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2018
I start my job 4 years ago and really enjoyed working with Park bridge. They are listening to their employee and always come with good solution . Great management and good people.
I'm very happy to work with such a great people and great culture.
Wish I knew then, what I know now.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON23 August 2018
I read reviews and thought, it can't be that bad. IT IS! There is no real praise for the work you do, as it gets taken credit for by others. The communication is horrible. You are a little fish in a big sea of people who only care about themselves, their job security and their advancement. Staff are not appreciated by management.
Cons
poor communication, horrible people in parks and resorts.
Unfortunate....
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON14 July 2018
DO NOT trust the favourable reviews here, they are fake. Unfortunately....Parkbridge is one of the worst companies myself and some colleagues have ever worked for. Senior Management have the worst people skills, the work environment and culture is toxic. Compensation is ok but not worth putting up with.

My advice is to stay away and apply for lower paying positions if necessary, just don't poison yourself by staying.
Swipe left and run as fast as you can
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada7 June 2018
Read reviews that don't sound like "sound bite" by mrkg/employee perform reviews (honest ones). Employees leave Parkbridge feeling emotionally scared.
Cons
Treat applicants AND employees like customers
Merely a temp (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON7 June 2018
Remember Parkbridge: Treat people badly - you've lost a customer - nor will they recommend the company to any potential customers.

Its like being in high school all over again - and senior management are the Seniors.

Don't take the risk - move on unless you have no other job choice.

There is no career at Parkbridge - its JUST a job.
Horrible culture, finger pointing and no direction. Keep looking
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON27 February 2018
I find it interesting that my reviews keeps disappearing....

This is not a good company to work for...period. I was completely lied to in my interview and when I confronted HR about she was completely caught off guard. And this was the Director of HR!

I actually saw emails that were printed off and left on the fax machine from HR to a woman in the office who was pregnant regarding her being off due to illness with her pregnancy...I was shocked!

Culture is horrible and management does NOT care about its people because this is where you go to work when you can't get anything else so the management team is full of uneducated, unethical and unprofessional people. Anyone who has been there long term has worked their way up from reception or custodian...I kid you not!

Management would hide in their office...doors closed all the time. I received 2 hours of training and then was left on my own. Community Manager had basic skills and didn't know how to use the photocopier let alone a computer...he was completely useless. My first week working there he kept telling me how bad of a company they were to work for and how afraid he was of his boss. HIS boss would come in the office and yell for him from her office...so unprofessional. And HER boss would tell people "if you don't do what we say then boom...bullet to the back of the head and you're gone"...

Residents were horrible to staff. These are trailer parks their managing and with it comes a certain class of people. We were yelled at, threatened, and many times threatened physically. Several No Trespass letters
  more... had been sent to residents. We couldn't have a mail box as residents would throw dog pooh in it and one time a resident put a white powder in an envelope. The company does nothing to protect your safety and when I started they didn't even have a security camera...I had to fight for one which they finally got but it was a piece of garbage and never worked.

Anyone who gave this company a 4 or 5 star either doesn't know any better or is lying.
Pros
Nothing...
Cons
Everything...
Great company
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 February 2018
Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities is Canada’s leading owner, operator, and developer of residential and resort land lease communities. I enjoy my employment.
Excellent Team atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2018
Great place to work. Great team atmosphere. Excellent clients. Benefits are top notch. Executive team really cares about all the employees and their opinions.
I have worked for Parkbridge for almost 14 years and have enjoyed it from day one.
Unorganized and inconsistent
Maintenence technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2017
Waisted time spent on tasks because tools are not provided and tasks have to be redone because mananagement changes what may be important. Management more concerned about how they look to other managers and not the client. Clients are not a priority. Employees are not valued and not well paid. Best part of the job is self satisfaction of accomplishing tasks needed.
Pros
Biweekly paycheques
Cons
Watching manager waste time and money, and neglecting staff skills
Professional yet caddy
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON6 November 2017
If the Executives and HR Manager could filter out the extremely caddy employees at this office, what a wonderful place to work it would be. Too bad it bears such an uncomfortable workplace culture.
short term
Sr HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON5 September 2017
I did not work there long enough to have a good enough perspective. However fit in an organization is essential and its hard to fit into a culture that doesn't really exist. The amalgamation of several acquired companies was the culture, as good as its going to get until culture is firmly established at its best
Pros
benefits salary
Cons
snotty hr team
I AM Parkbridge
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Ontario28 April 2017
The company is growing with lots of changes. If you are open to change and learning new things this company is good to work for.

I like the people I work with and we work together as a team.
Learning new systems and processes.
Pros
People I work with, Growing
Cons
Changes
Great Company!
Resort Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario27 April 2017
My position is busy, my passion is working with people and the community and Parkbridge has given me that opportunity everyday.

I see a bright future here at Parkbridge. I look forward to may more years.
Pros
Career Opportunities, Great People, Work Events
Great Company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON26 April 2017
At Parkbridge you will be working hard and will be rewarded for your hard work.

I have been working at Parkbridge for over 2 years now and love that not one day is the same. Lots of variety and learning experiences.

The people are what makes the company great to work for!
Pros
Free coffee and snacks, great company culture, employee recognition program
Great company- IF you fit the mold.
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON20 March 2017
the hardest part of the job is knowing what "policies" (there are never any written ones) apply to the entire company, and what applies to certain people (aka salary levels)- and where to draw that line.
There was no manual for my position, you were expected to know everything without a reference guide and had to seek management assistance for anything new that came up. lack of guidance as a whole.
Pros
free coffee and snacks
Cons
lack of direction, including lots of vacant positions and restructuring
Exciting Company- Great Place to Work
Communications (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 December 2016
Parkbridge is a great place to work. Given the company is rapidly growing there is no shortage of work, and opportunities for advancement.

Employer CARE culture can be seen through company and departmental off-sites which include personal development and employee appreciation opportunities.

Ongoing employee appreciation is strong with a specialized recognition program (called Take the Cake).

Employee pride is contagious and can be seen on the daily through the "I am Parkbridge" company culture.
Pros
Opportunities for Advancement, Rapidly growing successful company
Atmosphère quelques fois stressant, mais très productif.
Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  Camping Caravelle23 September 2016
J'ai adoré mon travail de réceptionniste, j'ai développer ma capacité à bien servir les gens, peu importe s'il y a du stress ou non.
Pros
Patrone très aimable
Cons
Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Reviews by Location