Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities

Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Employee Reviews

Canada59 reviews
Run as fast as you can
I learned a lot about the job on my own, little to no training.
Parkbridge needs to go back to basics, back to the philosophy I am Parkbridge. Review all potential employers for references.
21 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we will share this with our team.
Supportive and Room for Growth, Better Communication
As a Community Administrator, I interact with residents from 3 parks. It can be busy and a little stressful at times, but overall it is very rewarding. I find that Management, direct and upwards, is supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the Community residents, and being able to experience their ups and downs with them. The hardest part about the job is the communication ... sometimes it takes a long time to get answers, and the residents are looking for results that might not come for days, weeks, even longer. A simple "I hear you" from Management would go a long ways.
20 May 2020
It’s employees like you that help us go above-and-beyond in delighting our residents. It’s great to know that you feel supported in your position, and we appreciate your comments on better communication, too. Being timely is something that we strive for, and it's important to hear from staff when we can improve. We’re so happy to hear you value the relationships you're building with residents and truly understanding their experiences – we couldn't ask for more from an employee and thank you so much for your dedication to the Parkbridge community.
Best company I have ever worked at, co-workers as well as managers are great.
I have worked for Parkbridge for a few years now and find it is one of the most fulfilling jobs I have ever worked at.
My manager is one person whom I respect greatly, is easily accessible and always has time for staff. My manager is team player when there time sensitive issues always joins demonstrates leadership and involvement in helping the staff get the tasks completed in a timely manner. I think staff joining in morning meetings together helps us as a team to keep up to date on any issues.
22 April 2020
It’s employees like you that help us deliver the best possible Parkbridge experience - so thank you! We're so glad to hear you have such a positive relationship with your manager and fellow colleagues. Thanks so much for the feedback, and keep up the great work!
I am parkbridge!
Amazing experience to date! Personal and technical support and resources are awesome.
I feel blessed, to have found a challenging and satisfying position with Parkbridge, a company who 'cares' and I sincerely hope that this is only the beginning of a permanent and productive relationship until I choose to retire.
22 April 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback that really embodies the "I am Parkbridge" spirit! We too hope that you're here to stay with us.
It's your average corporation - Manager makes all the difference
I can understand where some of the negative reviews here are coming from, but all-in all, this company isn't much different from your other average corporation. Yes, it has workplace politics and some of the people in management are idiots... but that applies to most companies. The company has locations all over Canada, so I think your experience will be very different depending on where you are and who your manager is. My manager was fantastic and made the job great. If you are interviewing, get a feel for the team you'd be working with -- they'll be the ones you'll interact with every day.
Pros
busy, room to grow, great co-workers
Cons
workplace politics, different working conditions across Canada
6 April 2020
We are happy to hear that you had such a positive team experience with us. Fostering a supportive work environment is important us. We involve our managers in leadership training and building community through teamwork is at the heart of who we are. Thank you for providing a review.
I am Parkbridge haha
Its ironic how their moto "I am Parkbridge" stands true to their word as any company usually says lets work together or as a team but in the hindsight of things people only care about themselves. They don't give any regard or acknowledgement to the people at the bottom of the totem pole that help hold the company, resorts and parks together. All said and done there is no regard to family commitments, compensation pay for extra hours worked, and nowhere to go but out the door. Could keep going but got better things to do.
18 March 2020
We are very disappointed to hear that you have had this experience in the workplace. Our people are the heart of Parkbridge we and work with our managers to ensure our C.A.R.E values (Community, Authenticity, Respect, Excellence) are brought to life in the workplace every day. We will take your feedback to our team.
Presents very well...at first! There should be a lot of room to grow due to the size of the company and properties. Good managers are simply given more to manage with the same pay and very little support. Good people will always do what they can to help out, but inevitably feels like perpetual crisis management and people get burned out. To add insult to injury the company policies are to hire externally first. Meanwhile you've kept the party going on a shoestring only to have new talent come in to start in the manager mill all over again. In the end you are poorly paid, there is no work life balance, no real career advancement...but as long as you look good on paper and the shareholder is happy...its the Parkbridge way!
4 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We value the great team we have, and supporting our staff in growing their careers at Parkbridge is important to us. We encourage all our staff to apply for any open positions they are interested in and always interview internal applicants. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not what we would have hoped for.
Fast-Paced, Family Feel
This job was in a campground (that I also camped at) and was your typical store clerk type position. The store was similar to a convenience store selling candies, camp supplies, basic grocery items, etc. Management was very supportive, at the time, and made the environment welcoming.
21 February 2020
We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with us, thank you for taking the time to provide a review!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities?
Great place to work - adaptability required
Parkbridge is a great place to work. Adaptability is an asset. I work on one of the Adult Living properties and every day is something different. I enjoy the freedom my manager gives me to troubleshoot and to learn new skills. She listens and is always interested in hearing my ideas for improving work-flow or customer service. In my almost 4 yrs with Parkbridge, I've had the opportunity to take on more responsibility, create processes and training documents and be recognized for my efforts. Like any company, effective communication is key between employee and management.
Pros
A manager who listens and communicates openly. Salary is good for the area.
Cons
Upper management making procedure decisions without consulting those that have to implement.
21 February 2020
We are happy to hear that your manager is creating such a positive work environment and hope you will continue to grow your career with us! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We understand that good communication is crucial and are working to improve our communication channels throughout Parkbridge.
Productive and Fun place to work
Receptionist at one of the Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities parks, and the manager at the time was one of the best bosses I have ever had. very understanding, thoughtful and always made sure that you were comfortable doing everything you were expected to do.

Overall, loved working with the staff at Parkbridge.
21 February 2020
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed being part of the Parkbridge family, thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are happy to know that you had the support you needed to be successful in your role and will pass this feedback along.
Calling themselves an Organization is an oxymoron
-Disconnected Management.
-Lack of Direction and Leadership.

-"Blind leading the blind."

-Revolving door, especially at the front line level.

- Worst employment experience ever.
9 January 2020
We are sorry to hear that your position with us was not a positive experience. We appreciate your feedback and have passed it along to our team. We strive to create a supportive work environment for all our staff and are very proud of the great team we have. As we grow as a company, we continue to work on improving our processes to ensure all our colleagues have the resources they need to be confident and empowered in their roles.
It's the people at the heart of Parkbridge which make it extraordinary!
A well-structured, well-managed organisation with an extraordinary team of people working together to create affordable communities for people to live and vacation in right across Canada.

You are in control of your career at Parkbridge. You get out what you put in and there are people who are willing to listen and help you get where you want to go. The culture is collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced but it's the people at the heart of the company who really make things happen.

Parkbridge is constantly evolving to become better for its homeowners and its employees and this speaks to its systems and processes which can sometimes be challenging but are always improving for the better. Asking questions and paying attention to the company Intranet will always keep you informed and engaged.

If you want to be part of a growing organisation with thoughtful leadership and people at it's core, I highly recommend becoming part of the Parkbridge community!
9 January 2020
We agree that our amazing team is our biggest asset - Parkbridge is where community lives. We work hard to create a collaborative, transparent and positive workplace for all our staff and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for providing a review.
Solid Canadian Company with room to grow...
As a 10 plus year employee of Parkbridge I've seen this company grow and expand - diversify and face challenges - overcome and become Canada's largest and most successful Land Lease Company. In order to accomplish all of the above I as an employee had to also grow and expand, meet new challenges and accept new ideas that sometimes take me out of my comfort zone.
Through it all I've watched new systems develop, I've been educated on things I never thought I'd be interested in and I've accomplished many things that make me stop and smile on a regular basis.

The company is multi faceted so the people you meet on a regular basis are interesting and diversified.

The Customers you serve could be your parents, your grandparents, the travelling public or the family in search of affordable housing.

If you like to be challenged, if you like no two days to be the same, if you enjoy meeting and serving the public and if you want a job where you will be supported on a regular basis then do take a look at what Parkbridge has to offer.

Its not just a job it's a career and for a lot of us it's a great part of our life!!
22 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your career at Parkbridge. We are very proud of our diverse and multi-talented team, and are happy that you are finding both opportunities and support to develop your career with us!
Harassment, Terrible Management, Avoid all together
They promise you the world... then rip it out of your little hands
Management is Poor

Harassing in the workplace

Tools provided are “Lockedout” yet still operated with

Abusing workers rights

The Community manager “Bully” on campus

Ministry of Labor investigations

Toxic environment
27 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. Parkbridge does not tolerate harassment in the workplace and has policies in place to report and address harassing behaviour. Our employees are our greatest strength and we strive to create a supportive and respectful work environment. We take all feedback very seriously and have shared your comments with our management team.
Fantastic Employer!
Wonderful company to work for - Management is very supportive.
Always lots to do and many different hats to wear. The Residents are amazing and make this job very rewarding.
19 September 2019
We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying being a part of the Parkbridge team. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.
Enjoy working at Parkbridge
Parkbridge believes in their employees and provides tools to help them enjoy their day at work. Fresh fruit, vegetables, yogurt, snacks and drinks are always provided. They have a strong believe in Family and what it stands for. Management are approachable and they have an open door concept. They are some wonderful employees who are a joy to work with.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Treat employees well, Wonderful people to work with
Cons
Needs better communication with new processes and procedures
9 August 2019
Thank you for your review of Parkbridge – we are happy you are enjoying your work and that you are finding it a great place for your career. We work hard to create a collaborative, transparent and positive workplace for all staff, and appreciate your feedback.
Stay away
Resorts have no money ..they are drained to use to build up the community properties.
Upper management are always changing.

There worried about there bonuses not about doing what right
Pros
Residents are needy and complain about the price of there fees
Cons
Managers are hired to be fired
6 August 2019
Thank you for your review, and we are sorry you felt your Parkbridge experience was not a positive one. We take great pride in building a positive work environment at our resorts and our communities. We do strive to listen to our people and make adjustments where possible to create a positive work experience. And we take great pride in developing and supporting our people by providing learning opportunities and career development.
Keep looking..not a good place to land
Execs more concerned with how big their offices are .the expense accounts..and the company paid cars. Not a place for career growth. Culture tears away at your soul..not a happy place. Move on to another company.this one turns on you in an instant.
Pros
Cons
See above
12 June 2019
Thank you for your review, and we are sorry your experience with Parkbridge was not what you had hoped it would be. We take great pride in developing and supporting our people by engaging with colleagues, and providing learning opportunities, and career development.
Horrible HR Executive Team Etiquette
Very strange corporate culture. Read these reviews before you even apply for a job here. After interviewing a potential employee twice proper etiquette indicates that you should let the employee if they were the successful applicant or that you have decided on someone else. This was the executive team. The second interview was very odd. Why in the world would you argue with someone about how long it takes to get from your home to the office. I definitely dodged a bullet. Unprofessional individuals in a position of power. Scary...run...
Ps...hired 2 days later for a more professional organization.
Pros
Seemed like a good job
Cons
Lack of professionalism
12 June 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a personal review. At Parkbridge, we take great care to ensure we hire the right people to contribute to our goals and who embody our ‘I am Parkbridge’ commitment and CARE values. We are proud of our collaborative approach to this process. Please be assured that we continuously evaluate the effectiveness of our recruiting processes for all types of job applicants.
Nice area to work
Very nice management and staff. No benefits or pay increase. Equipment is serviced weekly, if it was broken, it was fixed or replaced ASAP. Never a shortage of work which I appreciate because I like to keep busy.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Minimum wage w/no increase
12 June 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Parkbridge. We are delighted that you had a very positive experience during your time with us.
Enjoyable work enviroment
Enjoy coming to work everyday. New challenges, no day is ever the same. For the most part a great team environment, there a few negative people that don't see what a great company Parkbridge is to work for. Most enjoyable part of the job is the team atmosphere. People who don't want to work and have no ambition will find it hard to work here as in with any job worth having they do "judge you" on performance.
Pros
I actually like coming to work.
Cons
Some negative employees, they can cause friction in the day to day of the job.
28 February 2019
Thank you for your review of Parkbridge – we are happy you are enjoying your work and that you are finding it a great place for your career! We do strive to listen to our people and make adjustments where possible to create a positive work experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9