Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities

Working at Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities: Latest Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Reviews

Canada73 reviews

communityculturecommunicationteamcompanyyearmanagerpeople

Community

The staff at parkbridge are very welcoming, many different departments working together, you never feel like you are interrupting someone when you ask for help, many different ways of communicating within parkbridge, very easy to navigate through when you have a question or concern

Pros

Meeting people, benefits, staff morale, feeling like apart of a community

Cons

Extremely busy

Stressful work environment where upper management is no help whatsoever.

Upper management loves to micromanage. You are constantly being told what to say to customers and whenever a customer contacts head office, they're just sent right back to you. It can be very frustrating working for this company... particularly their lack of proper training. Also, they don't care about the number of years you have worked there or the loyalty and dedication showed to the company.

Insights into Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Lovely welcoming people. Good Company.

Parkbridge is made up of many different people, nearly all are inclusive, welcoming and supportive.There are high expectations that you will perform your responsibilities well and will take on any task asked of you, so only apply if you’re willing to do so.Many people work long hours, depending on their position.Lots of hard work. But overall Teamwork and understanding coworkers, and managers, make it a good place to work.

Pros

Free Snacks and coffee.

Cons

Not much flexibility

I have had a great career at Parkbridge. I have been provided with the opportunity to take on different jobs within the company. In my opinion Management has been very supportive and I would recommend a career with Parkbridge.

wonderful place to be employed

I have worked for this company for 10+ years and while there are challenges with residents and management it is a job that is very satisfying and rewarding. The company provides great training, benefits, reasonable wages and RRSP contributions.If your looking for a new job in the outdoors this is a great place to work.

Pros

use of facilities, BBQ 's, paid training and a fun atmosphere

3 December 2021
Thank you for your valuable comments. We're very pleased to hear you are enjoying your role. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with us even better, please let us know.

Opportunities to grow - professional atmosphere

I was hired initially on contract as a receptionist. Within 2 months I was hired full time. Since my 5 years at Parkbridge I have been given opportunities to grow professionally in my role as Executive Assistant. I have never advanced so quickly within a company and been given so much support to do so. The people within Parkbridge are always there to help. I have recommended Parkbridge to many people over the years as a great company to work for with inceptive programs, excellent benefit package and opportunities for professional development. They also have many functions which promote Parkbridge spirit and collaboration.

Pros

Team support and guidance

3 December 2021
We truly value our team, and supporting our colleagues in growing their careers at Parkbridge is very important to us. Thank you so much for your wonderful review and keep up the great work!

Positive and Great Work Environment

Positive and healthy work / life balance. Everyone works hard but also has fun which makes the days enjoyable and helps with stresses. Colleagues are all really nice, kind, smart, talented hard working people. We have a great group that works well together. Creates a sense of a family environment. Personally I have been treated well. My Manager is wonderful, not micro managed, encouraged to succeed and to do well and grow. Executive team is always open to talk , and not intimidating. Really fast growth over the past few years and continues to grow. The pandemic response and sense of making sure we were all safe was amazing. The new head office is gorgeous with lots of great spaces to work and collaborate and be healthy. For me it is close to home so that is a bonus.

Cons

Communications is getting much better, Growth is fast and great but sometimes too fast to keep up with, Benefits but would like to see a bit improvements to health spend for natural healing

3 December 2021
We're very happy to hear you have such a great relationship with your manager and fellow colleagues. We also appreciate your comment about our communication skills and benefits plan. These are items we are consistently looking to improve. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable insights.

Excellent Company

This company truly cares for its employees, during the pandemic it has managed to keep most of its people and enabled all kinds of strategies to keep them healthy while still productive. Great management communication and competent leadership. I am proud to be part of this great family.

Pros

Great management, culture, work balance, collaborative, environment.

Cons

locations might be inconvenient for some people, but that's only because we have so many of them nation wide, For me it's a hard commute, but for some colleagues it happens to be very convenient, so it's not really a bad thing.

3 December 2021
We're also proud to have you as an employee! We work hard to create a collaborative, caring and positive workplace for all our colleagues and are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience with us. Thank you for providing a review.

Keep looking......don't stop here

If you prefer to agree with everything said and don't have questions or if you have no opinions, then you will be fine here.These communities are very high stress and the lack of support for the abusive behaviour from the residents is unacceptable yet tolerated.VP cant remember the direction he gave you, it changes daily and then the impacts affect your communities and guess what, you will be blamed for the negative reactions. HR, they just follow directions from above regardless of situation. There are no internal supports in place.No one being held accountable and turnover is horrendous and usually a result of smart people leaving because they have had enough of the garbage culture. Culture is a theory.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Wages, not enough space here to list

11 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not what we would have hoped for. We will take this important feedback to our teams as we strive to do better.

Horrible Environment

Worst place I have ever worked, from job life balance, to them forcing overtime on their employees, toxic employees that you must work with on a day to day basis, poor pay, and horrible management. I feel horrible for people living in their communities

Pros

A Fun work place, with always something new to learn.

I absolutely loved my time with Parkbridge. Definitely a team based environment, with a fast pace and an infinite number of learning experiences. Observation of safety is a key component for this company as well. I myself have a lot of mental stresses in the past, the environment was healing to the soul while working to provide for yourself. The reward was the results of making a place presentable, and respectable.

Pros

Task based

Cons

Weather permitting

Caring Company, effort required, support provided

I have worked for Parkbridge for nearly three years and have met and worked/work alongside some really great people.I feel lucky to be a part of this business and that they have trusted me to learn, grow and reach out for help if I need it.Their care of employees, especially during this crazy Covid time, has been exemplary!From ensuring that everyone has access to, (and uses) PPE, to enabling employees to work from home, when possible, within their roles and setting up a reduced office attendance, when not.Parkbridge has been very supportive and paid attention to our concerns. Going above and beyond mandated or suggested procedures from the government. Spending lots of time and money to ensure that we feel safe whilst working.Regular open communication from the CEO and managers, virtual coffee-chats, newsletters, encouragement and resources for mental health have been provided.This pandemic crisis which has physically separated us, has drawn me closer in appreciation of this Company.It’s not perfect, nothing is, but I do believe that they continue to try to improve to meet the needs and realistic requests of their employees.I am very thankful for my job with them.

Pros

They listen and respond to concerns, Ppe, regular communication, before Covid LOTS of snacks. Coffee, tea, etc. Continuously requesting feedback and anonymous reporting opportunities if desired.

Cons

Salary:medium, not high. (But also, not low) Some turnover of staff without warning to the rest of us. I miss them.

"I am Parkbridge"

I was first hired in the spring of 2019. My on-boarding process was smooth and professional. Within 4 months, I was interviewed and successfully received a promotion to my current position. I have received exceptional support from my colleagues, senior management and human resources as I transitioned to my new role. My resort management teams too have been very supportive and professional. Parkbridge as company has done an excellent job introducing programs of employee recognition. I would have to say my experience thus far has been a very positive one!

Pros

Recognition programs, an attention to health and safety, supportive management.

Cons

Hectic summer schedules in Resorts.

relaxed enviroment

worked my own hours and on my own. Relaxed environment. All cleaning supplies were supplied. First Aide supplies plus AED equipment at location. Cleaned the toilets, floors, dusted. Hard work. Must be physically able.

Pros

close to home

20 July 2020
We'd be nothing without clean, safe spaces to operate, so we deeply appreciate your work with us. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to keeping things clean while you worked here, and that you took the time to leave this review, too. If there is something that could be done to have further improved your experience as a Parkbridge employee, please follow up to let us know.

Supportive and Room for Growth, Better Communication

As a Community Administrator, I interact with residents from 3 parks. It can be busy and a little stressful at times, but overall it is very rewarding. I find that Management, direct and upwards, is supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the Community residents, and being able to experience their ups and downs with them. The hardest part about the job is the communication ... sometimes it takes a long time to get answers, and the residents are looking for results that might not come for days, weeks, even longer. A simple "I hear you" from Management would go a long ways.

20 May 2020
It’s employees like you that help us go above-and-beyond in delighting our residents. It’s great to know that you feel supported in your position, and we appreciate your comments on better communication, too. Being timely is something that we strive for, and it's important to hear from staff when we can improve. We’re so happy to hear you value the relationships you're building with residents and truly understanding their experiences – we couldn't ask for more from an employee and thank you so much for your dedication to the Parkbridge community.

Best company I have ever worked at, co-workers as well as managers are great.

I have worked for Parkbridge for a few years now and find it is one of the most fulfilling jobs I have ever worked at. My manager is one person whom I respect greatly, is easily accessible and always has time for staff. My manager is team player when there time sensitive issues always joins demonstrates leadership and involvement in helping the staff get the tasks completed in a timely manner. I think staff joining in morning meetings together helps us as a team to keep up to date on any issues.

22 April 2020
It’s employees like you that help us deliver the best possible Parkbridge experience - so thank you! We're so glad to hear you have such a positive relationship with your manager and fellow colleagues. Thanks so much for the feedback, and keep up the great work!

I am parkbridge!

Amazing experience to date! Personal and technical support and resources are awesome. I feel blessed, to have found a challenging and satisfying position with Parkbridge, a company who 'cares' and I sincerely hope that this is only the beginning of a permanent and productive relationship until I choose to retire.

22 April 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback that really embodies the "I am Parkbridge" spirit! We too hope that you're here to stay with us.

It's your average corporation - Manager makes all the difference

I can understand where some of the negative reviews here are coming from, but all-in all, this company isn't much different from your other average corporation. Yes, it has workplace politics and some of the people in management are idiots... but that applies to most companies. The company has locations all over Canada, so I think your experience will be very different depending on where you are and who your manager is. My manager was fantastic and made the job great. If you are interviewing, get a feel for the team you'd be working with -- they'll be the ones you'll interact with every day.

Pros

busy, room to grow, great co-workers

Cons

workplace politics, different working conditions across Canada

6 April 2020
We are happy to hear that you had such a positive team experience with us. Fostering a supportive work environment is important us. We involve our managers in leadership training and building community through teamwork is at the heart of who we are. Thank you for providing a review.

I am Parkbridge haha

Its ironic how their moto "I am Parkbridge" stands true to their word as any company usually says lets work together or as a team but in the hindsight of things people only care about themselves. They don't give any regard or acknowledgement to the people at the bottom of the totem pole that help hold the company, resorts and parks together. All said and done there is no regard to family commitments, compensation pay for extra hours worked, and nowhere to go but out the door. Could keep going but got better things to do.

18 March 2020
We are very disappointed to hear that you have had this experience in the workplace. Our people are the heart of Parkbridge we and work with our managers to ensure our C.A.R.E values (Community, Authenticity, Respect, Excellence) are brought to life in the workplace every day. We will take your feedback to our team.

Presents very well...at first! There should be a lot of room to grow due to the size of the company and properties. Good managers are simply given more to manage with the same pay and very little support. Good people will always do what they can to help out, but inevitably feels like perpetual crisis management and people get burned out. To add insult to injury the company policies are to hire externally first. Meanwhile you've kept the party going on a shoestring only to have new talent come in to start in the manager mill all over again. In the end you are poorly paid, there is no work life balance, no real career advancement...but as long as you look good on paper and the shareholder is happy...its the Parkbridge way!

4 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We value the great team we have, and supporting our staff in growing their careers at Parkbridge is important to us. We encourage all our staff to apply for any open positions they are interested in and always interview internal applicants. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not what we would have hoped for.

Fast-Paced, Family Feel

This job was in a campground (that I also camped at) and was your typical store clerk type position. The store was similar to a convenience store selling candies, camp supplies, basic grocery items, etc. Management was very supportive, at the time, and made the environment welcoming.

21 February 2020
We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with us, thank you for taking the time to provide a review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement