Park West Inn

Park West Inn Employee Reviews

Management is absolutely terrible, extremely lazy and the place is disgusting and unsanitary. Working there made me never want to serve again. Avoid! I used to hear about management short stiffing pay checks and tip outs because they were stealing, and it turns out the restaurant managers do this a lot. This place is VERY greasy, do not be fooled. I'm currently still working here, only because I am looking for a new job.
I enjoy seeing my co-workers, my manager, and all the guests that come in. The tips are very good, the people make it a great place to work. The management team is always there if you need help. There is always room to grow, the hard work pays off. Everyone works as a team, and gets along. Would recommend working here, because there are lots of great people here, and you will learn lots!
I worked in the VLT lounge. You handled lots of cash, and people came in incredibly drunk to gamble. Owner was not great to deal with, his son would always come in and was really rude. Staff constantly drinking on the job with other workers and customers. Poor management and organization. Low tips. Do yourself a favor and do not work here.
I worked at the restaurant and I liked all of the people that I worked with within the restaurant, kitchen and other departments. A bit slow some nights but sometimes had to find something to keep me busy. Management was always nice and easy to communicate with whenever I had a problem or something would come up. They have opportunities to advance in your position or even in other departments. Overall, I enjoyed my time there.
besides the employees it is not a great place to work. the owner can be very rude and likes to micro manage. the general manager changes atleast every six months. not busy at all and always dealing with sketchy people.
This place I would never recommend to anyone to work and at the moment majority of their staff are looking for new jobs. They do not provide proper breaks to employees except for the GM's of the departments.
you pay for your drinks even you don't drink pop automatically deducted to your paystub bi weekly 7.50$ its stupid because this is the only restaurant u have to pay for your drinks!!
Pros
no free meals, you have to pay for your drinks automatically deducted
I worked there in sound environment.Staff is very cooperative there. They helped me to understand the working environment and trained mme for work.I enjoyed my work a lot
Pros
cooperative staff
Cons
more working hours
Coming in every day seeing regular customers is a great feeling. I used to enjoy completing my work without feeling like someone’s trying to belittle me. Having a petty manager who swears at customers and treats you like garbage does not make people feel welcomed. Definitely not worth the hassle. The turnover rate for staff is high. If you can over look that then every thing else is fine. Benefits are a plus if you work enough, like any other job. The owner is hard working and very business oriented, but is usually very busy and/or away.
Pros
Seeing regular customers, tips
Cons
Standing all day, management, high turnover rate
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Park West Inn?
Busy full service hotel & restaurant, every day is different with a wide demographic of customers and guests visiting all areas of the hotel.
I enjoy working at the Park West Inn as every day is always different and easy to look forward too. Located close to home I am always available for call in shifts for staff that maybe sick and unable to make it into work.
I loved working at Park West, it was a really fun place to work with great staff, great atmosphere and lots of good experience. I have gained lots of knowledge of the field I was in and would work there again 100%.
Pros
good food for lunch break, great hours, hardy staff, good trainers.
  1. Employee reviews