Paris Jewellers Employee Reviews

Terrible job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2019
I've never worked for a more terrible company. I could tell you all the bad things about this job, but it would be faster to tell you the good things about it. My fellow BA's and the discounts. Everything from management to the commission structure, to scheduling to the way you're treated, is terrible. I made a very serious complaint about my manager which resulted in basically a slap to the wrist. Don't expect to ever get a raise or advance in the company. Taking a day off will be treated like you're asking for the moon to be served to you on a silver platter. Commission is a joke and makes it impossible for anyone working a couple days a week to actually receive commission. Can't speak about the CEO's as I've never met or dealt directly with them. You will be treated like just another number, and replaced as soon as you start fighting back. Not worth $15 an hour.
Pros
Great coworkers, good discounts.
Cons
Some staff were helpful others less so. Staff taking multiple smoke breaks. Staff going to back room whdn not wanting to perform certain tasks.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB28 December 2018
I was hired October 1, 2018. I was constantly told by management how well I was performing. On December 24, I was given a Christmas Card. This is what was written on the card.
You really fit in with the team. So glad to have you. Lady with true grace. Customers love you. You are going to have a fantastic 2019.

On December 28, I was given a letter. This is what the letter said.
This letter confirms our discussion today that your employment with Paris Jewellers is terminated effective immediately. Paris Jewellers has made the decision to end your employment within your probation.

I missed Christmas with family because of work schedule. That I cannot replace. Thank You Paris Jewellers for being who you are.
Pros
None worth mentioning.
Cons
Long hours. Favoriting staff. Being dishonest.
Great Culture
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2018
It is great to work in a company that practices great culture which I can also apply in my daily living.

This company always focuses on solution which is great bec. instead of dwelling on the problem, they always think on how to make it better and what can we do to make our customers happy or what is the best solution in every situation.
Great place to work with lots of support from DSM’s and head office staff
Store Manager/Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 November 2018
I’ve worked her for a year and a half and it has been great. Everyone is so friendly and supportive. It’s the best job that I have ever had. It’s also nice to be rewarded and acknowledged when we are doing well and to celebrate “wins” in the store with all staff. It’s so exciting to help our customers find the perfect item for their special someone.
Pros
Staff discounts, great support from staff and head office
An excellent place to learn and work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 November 2018
I have completed a month with Paris Jewellers. It has been a wonderful experience. I have been welcomed by all.
They invest a lot in training. Their product knowledge and sales process training has helped my kick start my career with Paris Jewellers.
My manager and district manager are so easily accessible for any questions or queries I have.
I really love how all brand ambassadors work togther as a team to make all customers happy
I am enjoying working with my team at P4
Pros
Management shows confidence in you. They trust you and give you ownership
Warm and welcoming to all :)
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC27 September 2018
We are focused on our customers. If you need help it's only a phone call away from the owners and to anyone within the company. It"s a safe and encouraging environment to work in, and too better develop my personal skills. The hardest part of the job is also a great factor in self building, which is being able to reflect on my weak areas and what I can do better to better myself. The most enjoyable part of my job is to create happy experiences with our customers' and to be a part of each story - along side a great team to make everyday memorable.
Pros
Building relationship within the community
Cons
not being able to connect as well with some customers
A Company with a Heart!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2018
I feel blessed to work for a company that takes "giving back to the Community' seriously through their many philanthropic efforts.
The owners are kind people and that by itself makes working here a wonderful experience. Being grateful is not just a written core value, but something that is lived by everyday.
I love coming to work everyday, love the people I work with and the freedom to have new ideas and opinion and work on them.
Pros
Great work environment with good work - life balance! Jewellery Discounts!!!
Cons
Who wouldn't want more benefits! ;-)
Awesome company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2018
This is an amazing company I stand by there Vision and Core Value
It always nice u can speak to the owners and have a comfort level
There are true to there Brand Ambassador
Pros
I have an amazing team
Cons
no cons
Company that will set you to WIN
Head Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2018
I am grateful for my job. I get to work with good people who are hard working and kind.
I get to learn different things about the industry almost everyday.
You get to join the annual manager's training that gives so much information that will set you to succeed.
I love what I'm doing and its like a family working environment.
Pros
great culture, kind people, there's a room for learning
Cons
employee benefits
loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 August 2018
loved working here, the people were great, loved that the stores communicated and helped each other when needed, loved that us as employees had a chance at competing at selling items to have discounts.
Pros
great ppl, great sales
Cons
boring sometimes
Great place to develop a productive work ethic or be in one.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2018
If you enjoy an environment where you're there to work and be surrounded by strong work ethics, this will be a great place to be. Tasks are simple but expect to cruise and you will fall behind and let a lot of people down like a ripple effect.
Pros
Free food from time to time
Cons
No overtime
A company with values, integrity, gratitude, and a passion to celebrate their customers stories as well as their employees!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2018
After almost 15 years in the jewellry business (and 2 companies) I needed to re-home myself with a company that I could represent in line with my own ethics and values. At first I didn't look a whole lot this way, but then....after taking the time to really find out just what Paris Jewellers has to offer and learning about the company and the passion that this family has for their business and the fact that employees are NOT just another number. I am so excited and full of gratitude to be a part of a company with so much to give. Not only for their customers but for community and employees as well.
Our work place culture is full of support and guidance to empower new and existing staff to be the best they can and to be able to provide and celebrate each customer with every purchase they make. With leadership from upper management and amazingly easy contact with all head office team members, we are able to connect and direct ourselves in leading our business to success.
The most enjoyable part of my job is a.) really being able to share and celebrate with each customer and b.) being able to share my knowledge and passion with my staff and with a head office that values our thoughts and opinions.
Paris Jewellers is one of the last Canadian, family owned and operated jewellry companies and I am proud to be Paris Jewllers Ambassador.
Pros
Easy relation to all head office, not just another number, valued
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2018
Very positive workplace where every team member starts the day with a grateful heart. Everyone is very approachable and open minded. Each day goes super productive and every team member goes above and beyond to support each other.
It's Fun and challenging workplace, which i enjoy waking up for every day
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
I am so grateful to be part of Paris Family. From the day I was interviewed and till the day I was hired, I was given the utmost respect from the Management team and head office staff. They all welcomed me with open arms and gave me an opportunity to be part of this growing company. What I got most during my first week was the culture of this fine company, very much stand behind their vision; "To create life long Happy Customers across Canada by consistently celebrating every story, every person every time." During my training it was abundantly clear that our customers are look after as we would like to be treaded, with sincerity, kindness and can do attitude. Our finest moment is when we get to enjoy or be part of our customers celebration, whether it's an engagement, anniversary or birthdays.
Pros
Great work environment makes a big difference in a work place.
Good working's atmosphere. Caring and friendly co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2018
I have gained my knowledges with many valued training through 6 years with the company. I enjoy coming to work everyday as my co-workers in HO & staff in the stores so fun, helpful, & enthusiastic.
Also, with great company discount, I can afford more beautiful jewelry pieces that I love.
Pros
Good benefits, Great discounts
Cons
If you are apathetic, then this is not a place for you
Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Head Office9 July 2018
I have worked for Paris Jewellers for the better portion of 10 years, and have always been made to feel like a part of the Paris Family. I have learned many different roles in the company and look forward to many more years working and learning with the teams!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
To many beautiful pieces that I would love to purchase!
Not a good place!
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2018
Not a great place to work if you want to be helpful to customers. A lot is about not doing for them. The jewellery plan is a joke and the diamond plan is silly. If you lose a diamond you are pretty much out of luck. Sure it's a small Canadian run business but it doesn't do anything for the customers.
Pros
Not much
Cons
A lot.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton19 June 2018
Relatively small company with the heart of a lion.

I have felt valued and appreciated during my time with the company. Have met really amazing people and found camaraderie and humbleness from the owners. The first generation started with very little and made their way up with lots of hard work and dedication. Second generation is leading now with those same values that were instilled in them since very little.

There is no bureaucracy or titles, when there is something to get done, it's just a lot of hands working together. All of them.

There is a culture of gratitude, ownership, kindness ,sincerity with everyone, customers and piers. There is a lot of focus on where the company is going and clear objectives to accomplish. When one of the teams achieve something or hit a milestone there is celebration all the way!

We get to share and celebrate with customers their most meaningful life events. There has been celebrations and tears that will remain in my memory and I will cherish forever.

Paris is a great place to work at. I have enjoyed my experience and grown as a person and professional.
Pros
Atmosphere of respect and kindness, no bureaucracy, a lot of celebration, you keep busy and feel productive at all times =)
Cons
time with family during holidays
Very stressful
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 June 2018
If it sounds to good to be true it usually is. The more you do the worst it is. Overturn of staff is constant. Forget advancing inless you have very close ties to upper management
Great atmosphere and great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 May 2018
I enjoy everyday I go to work. The people both in the store and at head office are wonderful. You are treated like a person, and not a number, even by the owner who strives to know everyone and care about their opinion. This is a place you can truly feel appreciated everyday you go to work.
Pros
Beautiful jewellery
Cons
Your taste in fine jewellery goes up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paris Jewellers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9