Paris Jewellers Employee Reviews

Not a great place for growth
Assistant Manager Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 May 2019
The company isnt one I would suggest for anyone wishing to grow in your field.
They have incredibly high turnover due to lack of support and leadership.
Expect you to drop everything to work overtime shifts and will guilt you if dont.
There were some great people to work with and some not so much. Very commission driven teammates who will do anything for a sale, even giving misinformation.
Pros
Some head office staff very helpful.
Cons
Overtime hours, high expectations, pretty much everything
Great company to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2019
The people that I work with are very friendly and supportive. Management provides useful feedback and recognizes dedication and achievements. This is a company with great culture and deeply care about their employees and customers.
Pros
Team work, productive, supportive
Great company culture!
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2019
Paris Jewellers is a great company to work for. The company culture is amazing and you truly are not just a number.
Management is great and invests in their people to help everyone grow and succeed. The coaching and training provided is phenomenal.
Great workplace
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2019
Great working environment and great management. I get to work with good people who are hard working and very supportive. There is lot of focus on where the company is going and clear objectives to accomplish.
do not recommend
Assistant Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2019
A typical day is busy during hollidays...Sometimes you can work up to 11 p.m.
Management in the Head Office could be better. So bad commision system.
Co -workers (most of them ) are good but due to you have a commision nobody wants to assist in the store just sale. It makes store the worsest place to work.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Terrible job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2019
I've never worked for a more terrible company. I could tell you all the bad things about this job, but it would be faster to tell you the good things about it. My fellow BA's and the discounts. Everything from management to the commission structure, to scheduling to the way you're treated, is terrible. I made a very serious complaint about my manager which resulted in basically a slap to the wrist. Don't expect to ever get a raise or advance in the company. Taking a day off will be treated like you're asking for the moon to be served to you on a silver platter. Commission is a joke and makes it impossible for anyone working a couple days a week to actually receive commission. Can't speak about the CEO's as I've never met or dealt directly with them. You will be treated like just another number, and replaced as soon as you start fighting back. Not worth $15 an hour.
Pros
Great coworkers, good discounts.
Cons
Some staff were helpful others less so. Staff taking multiple smoke breaks. Staff going to back room whdn not wanting to perform certain tasks.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB28 December 2018
I was hired October 1, 2018. I was constantly told by management how well I was performing. On December 24, I was given a Christmas Card. This is what was written on the card.
You really fit in with the team. So glad to have you. Lady with true grace. Customers love you. You are going to have a fantastic 2019.

On December 28, I was given a letter. This is what the letter said.
This letter confirms our discussion today that your employment with Paris Jewellers is terminated effective immediately. Paris Jewellers has made the decision to end your employment within your probation.

I missed Christmas with family because of work schedule. That I cannot replace. Thank You Paris Jewellers for being who you are.
Pros
None worth mentioning.
Cons
Long hours. Favoriting staff. Being dishonest.
Great Culture
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2018
It is great to work in a company that practices great culture which I can also apply in my daily living.

This company always focuses on solution which is great bec. instead of dwelling on the problem, they always think on how to make it better and what can we do to make our customers happy or what is the best solution in every situation.
Great place to work with lots of support from DSM’s and head office staff
Store Manager/Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 November 2018
I’ve worked her for a year and a half and it has been great. Everyone is so friendly and supportive. It’s the best job that I have ever had. It’s also nice to be rewarded and acknowledged when we are doing well and to celebrate “wins” in the store with all staff. It’s so exciting to help our customers find the perfect item for their special someone.
Pros
Staff discounts, great support from staff and head office
Company unsure of direction.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2018
The company is unsure of its direction.
Communication is unclear and unprofessional.
Questionable ethics and no raises.
There is abundant favoritism.
Work/life balance not respected.
Pros
Beautiful products
Cons
No work life balance
An excellent place to learn and work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 November 2018
I have completed a month with Paris Jewellers. It has been a wonderful experience. I have been welcomed by all.
They invest a lot in training. Their product knowledge and sales process training has helped my kick start my career with Paris Jewellers.
My manager and district manager are so easily accessible for any questions or queries I have.
I really love how all brand ambassadors work togther as a team to make all customers happy
I am enjoying working with my team at P4
Pros
Management shows confidence in you. They trust you and give you ownership
Warm and welcoming to all :)
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC27 September 2018
We are focused on our customers. If you need help it's only a phone call away from the owners and to anyone within the company. It"s a safe and encouraging environment to work in, and too better develop my personal skills. The hardest part of the job is also a great factor in self building, which is being able to reflect on my weak areas and what I can do better to better myself. The most enjoyable part of my job is to create happy experiences with our customers' and to be a part of each story - along side a great team to make everyday memorable.
Pros
Building relationship within the community
Cons
not being able to connect as well with some customers
A Company with a Heart!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2018
I feel blessed to work for a company that takes "giving back to the Community' seriously through their many philanthropic efforts.
The owners are kind people and that by itself makes working here a wonderful experience. Being grateful is not just a written core value, but something that is lived by everyday.
I love coming to work everyday, love the people I work with and the freedom to have new ideas and opinion and work on them.
Pros
Great work environment with good work - life balance! Jewellery Discounts!!!
Cons
Who wouldn't want more benefits! ;-)
Awesome company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2018
This is an amazing company I stand by there Vision and Core Value
It always nice u can speak to the owners and have a comfort level
There are true to there Brand Ambassador
Pros
I have an amazing team
Cons
no cons
Company that will set you to WIN
Head Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2018
I am grateful for my job. I get to work with good people who are hard working and kind.
I get to learn different things about the industry almost everyday.
You get to join the annual manager's training that gives so much information that will set you to succeed.
I love what I'm doing and its like a family working environment.
Pros
great culture, kind people, there's a room for learning
Cons
employee benefits
loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 August 2018
loved working here, the people were great, loved that the stores communicated and helped each other when needed, loved that us as employees had a chance at competing at selling items to have discounts.
Pros
great ppl, great sales
Cons
boring sometimes
Great place to develop a productive work ethic or be in one.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2018
If you enjoy an environment where you're there to work and be surrounded by strong work ethics, this will be a great place to be. Tasks are simple but expect to cruise and you will fall behind and let a lot of people down like a ripple effect.
Pros
Free food from time to time
Cons
No overtime
A company with values, integrity, gratitude, and a passion to celebrate their customers stories as well as their employees!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2018
After almost 15 years in the jewellry business (and 2 companies) I needed to re-home myself with a company that I could represent in line with my own ethics and values. At first I didn't look a whole lot this way, but then....after taking the time to really find out just what Paris Jewellers has to offer and learning about the company and the passion that this family has for their business and the fact that employees are NOT just another number. I am so excited and full of gratitude to be a part of a company with so much to give. Not only for their customers but for community and employees as well.
Our work place culture is full of support and guidance to empower new and existing staff to be the best they can and to be able to provide and celebrate each customer with every purchase they make. With leadership from upper management and amazingly easy contact with all head office team members, we are able to connect and direct ourselves in leading our business to success.
The most enjoyable part of my job is a.) really being able to share and celebrate with each customer and b.) being able to share my knowledge and passion with my staff and with a head office that values our thoughts and opinions.
Paris Jewellers is one of the last Canadian, family owned and operated jewellry companies and I am proud to be Paris Jewllers Ambassador.
Pros
Easy relation to all head office, not just another number, valued
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2018
Very positive workplace where every team member starts the day with a grateful heart. Everyone is very approachable and open minded. Each day goes super productive and every team member goes above and beyond to support each other.
It's Fun and challenging workplace, which i enjoy waking up for every day
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
I am so grateful to be part of Paris Family. From the day I was interviewed and till the day I was hired, I was given the utmost respect from the Management team and head office staff. They all welcomed me with open arms and gave me an opportunity to be part of this growing company. What I got most during my first week was the culture of this fine company, very much stand behind their vision; "To create life long Happy Customers across Canada by consistently celebrating every story, every person every time." During my training it was abundantly clear that our customers are look after as we would like to be treaded, with sincerity, kindness and can do attitude. Our finest moment is when we get to enjoy or be part of our customers celebration, whether it's an engagement, anniversary or birthdays.
Pros
Great work environment makes a big difference in a work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paris Jewellers. Our community is ready to answer.