Paris Jewellers Employee Reviews

I believe Paris Jewelles is a great place to work. I have been very thankful to have the opportunity to manage a location.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
The owners have a hands on approach. They are very involved in the day to day operations. Yet the owners are not micro managing. I find the store contact with head office is very open. Any issue can be easily handled by a phone call to head office, everyone is very willing to help.
Pros
Huge sales potential. Beautiful product
Grateful to work here
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario19 April 2018
I have been with Paris Jewellers for 9 years and have no plans to leave anytime soon. I love my job. I work with a great team of people who make it fun to come to work every day. I am also proud to work for a Canadian family owned company where you are never a number. In all my years when speaking to the owners I have never heard “how is the new hire working out?” It is always by name, “how is Sandy doing in her first week”.

I have grown with the company. There is room to advance. Like any job or company you work for, hard work is rewarded. There is an awards presentation every year at our Christmas party that is attended by all managers and assistant managers.

When you think about workplace culture the first word that comes to mind is kindness, followed by respect and sincerity. I have travelled to other locations and have always been met with great kindness from other Brand Ambassadors within the company.

What I love most about my work is being able to celebrate customers occasions. Whether it is to sell an engagement ring to a nervous young man, or help a child pick a gift for their Mom or help a couple pick a gift to mark 50 years of marriage, it is special. Having a customer thank you for helping them choose that perfect piece is so rewarding.
Pros
Great work family. Exciting contests and rewards in place.
Cons
You could never own all the beautiful jewellery you wish for.
Horrible place to work-all an illusion
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2018
CONS:
They pretend to be this great company with goals and achievements but in reality they are absolutely horrible. They make false promises to employees about giving raises but in the 3 years I worked there I did not once get a raise. The managers at store level are emotionally abusive and use threatening and intimidation tactics with their employees. District manager doesn't do anything about the managers despite complaints because they cannot afford to lose a manager. SO MANY RACIST AND DISCRIMINATORY employees and managers. I've personally seen my manager make racist comments about people who either come in as a customer or are handing in a resume. Employees are afraid to complain about their managers because they fear backlash from management. They overwork you and break you down until you burn out.

PROS:
staff discount is good but they still profit on you from that. you get customer service skills. You can make a few friends.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything else
Overall nice place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 January 2018
I would have liked to have been paid more, and the benefits were over the top ridiculously expensive, but the atmosphere was fun and it was a good place to work,
minimum wage ,never gives a raise
Customer Service Representative/Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2017
Helping customers,organizing product,cleaning

Gained more knowledge about diamonds and jewellery.
Management changing all the time,due to personal issues or lack of experience.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with new staff on a monthly bases and unprofessional managers, with no jewellery experience. Unrealistic goals to reach.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and helping them finding the perfect piece.
Pros
meeting all kind of people and hearing their stories.
Cons
very cheap company, no appreciations, high prices for cheap product.
Worst Company I Have Every Worked For
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2017
Stayed way too long on hopes for a raise that I was promised over and over again. High expectations and no rewards or no recognition. They expect you work way harder then your being paid for, management and HR has no respect for the employees, I kept thinking the longer I stayed It would finally pay off, leaving was the best decision I ever made, I encourage everyone and anyone to stay far away.
fun place to work
Master Goldsmith (Former Employee) –  Paris (88)13 September 2017
Busy and repetitive work, Busy all the time and lots of work load, very much work pressure, very risky work responsibility, multicultural environment
Finish job before shipping
Making new rings
Cons
long hours and time management to finish job
Ever evolving
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta25 August 2017
I can say I enjoyed working here a lot. Great culture, newly evolving systems and great people. Very family oriented company which is hard to find these days.
Pros
minimal travel
Not what it seems
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 August 2017
When I first worked for Paris, I loved the brand, the company, the people...everything! They had a change in management and many other changes that resulted in some unpleasant changes at the store level.

The current store manager is rude, plays "favourites" with staff and treats others horribly, talks about customers and staff behind their backs, and is very passive aggressive.

I am extremely disappointed with the quality control of products. Since working there I have had a few services done and none of the pieces have been returned in a timely or satisfactory condition.

The only saving grace is the assistant manager and full/part time employees who tries to ensure customer satisfaction.
Pros
Assistant manager, clean store.
Cons
Broken promises.
Stay away
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 July 2017
I hated my time working here. I lasted 5 months and then just quit. Awful place, rewards are close to nothing, the higher ups are terrible and management is manipulative, they expect you to drop EVERYTHING for this job (and I mean everything. I was called in to work on a day that I took off for a very good reason. A funeral for my grandfather. They expected me to be in that day as soon as the funeral ended. Like what?), very snobby (feels like high school with all the drama and bullying of lower positioned employees) Dodgy company, terrible customer service to boot (their repairs are AWFUL) the entire upper level is now garbage.
Pros
pretty jewelry, but thats about it
Cons
literally everything else
Abused
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
THERE IS TOO MUCH DRAMA, no privacy NO RAISE after promised. "part time" more like they dont want to pay you and give you benefits? Just stay clear! Terrible company
Pros
Learned about jewelry
Cons
literally everything else
Learning about Jewellery was a wonderful experience
Assistant Manager/PT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
This was my first experience in sales at a jewellery store. I learned all about gems stones, pearls and diamonds. I was able to work myself up to an Assistant Store Manager and really enjoyed the atmosphere
Overall Feel
Key Holder/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 May 2017
This was a good job. I enjoyed dealing with the clients and assisting them in finding the exact right peice of jewellery that fit their needs.
The girls at Paris were great to work with.
Will Not Recommend.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
A lot of unethical practices inside this company.
No raises, although they are promised to every staff member.
Verbally abusive management (in my experience) and inappropriate names for staff.
They expect you to drop everything in your personal life for work.
Promise commitment to quality, but do not deliver on it.
What they demand from staff is unrealistic.

I would consider a different position if this is offered to you.
Pros
Beautiful products to sell.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, low pay, and low chance of job advancement.
Not recommended!!
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2017
When started with this company over 4 years ago, it was owned by the parents of the girls who now have it. There was a lot of respect for the people who worked for for them! The original owners were REALLY GREAT PEOPLE! That can not be said anymore. The rules and company running has all changed. They now run on fear of there staff. You get wrote up all the time about stupid things! Never made to feel like you are doing a good enough job. All of the very good people that were at H/O are now gone and you can not trust ANYONE, there is no support. They are not about customer satisfaction anymore. Targets are not realistic so you will not get a raise! If you now have viable piercings or a hint of fun color in your hair it has to go. It is no longer a fun place to be! Staff turn over is very high!!
Pros
Staff discounts, pay is not good so you don't have the extra to spend
Cons
Getting wrote up often!!
Customer experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2017
I got denied sending in my bracelet for repairs and the manager was awful to the employee and all the customera vacated the store because of her attitude.
its an alright comapny
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 April 2017
work way too much and get paid too little and they are very very strict. cant have piercings , or colored hair, they make you do huge training books, and you have to role play daily.
Alot of liars
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2017
I feel head office is all about themselves and expect the front line employees to always disappoint customers with lies and way over charge customers for repairs .
The past 4-5 months a fair amount of repairs are being sent back to head office .
I have seen and heard so many horrible things .
There are a few hot heads in the head office and they want to write you up for silly childish things .
You work hard and train hard with no recognition. No raises .not much for bonus
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bully ..childish write ups, over priced
Overworked, undervalued
Manager (Current Employee) –  AB9 January 2017
Paris Jewellers claims to have great values, which no one upholds. They have excellent training programs in place, which they expect to be completed in not enough time.

Definitely room for advancement, however, as I did advance within the company. To achieve this, I had to sacrifice my entire personal life, and neglect any non-work relationships.

The company is very willing to invest in you if you show promise, but have very high expectations about your work in return.

The company in general has very little focus, often unable to decide where their efforts should be applied. This leaves the employees scrambling to keep up with whimsical directions the company is headed.

I recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a reliable part-time job, where you are willing to do the work but not invest yourself too much.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Optional benefits for full time employees
Cons
NO work life balance, High expectation, Low Pay
fun place to work very professional
Goldsmith (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2016
fun place to work , everybody is friendly
secure place for full time job boss are
very professionals. clean and good environment to work the family alway very respectfull to their people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paris Jewellers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5