PARC Retirement Living

PARC Retirement Living Management reviews

Clear

Fun place of work, with great staff

Great company, but this facility is lacking proper management and consistency. Lots of room for growth and personal development. Great compensation and benefits package.

Terrible management and no support from the HR team on how to deal with management

The management at Cedar Springs are bullys and make you feel like your worth nothing there and what you do. The residence are great to the staff and rate them very well. I had troubles with the management team here and tried for months to get support from my HR team and go nothing. I was treated like garbage everyday here. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

the residents

Cons

management from the nurse to the sales manager

Not a good place to work.

On day one, there was no training, and was given the wrong work sheet to work off of which was confusing. On day four, I was brought into a room and asked to fill out a form to see how I was doing. I told them of my concerns, which they didn't like, and the things I was struggling with as a new employee.....bad mistake. If I had just stayed quiet I would have still been working there. At Parc there was lack of equipment, safety issues -Equipment doors falling off, all of this and more was not a concern (even to the general manager) because I realized that all this company cares about is making a buck and not the quality of the product they are giving to the residents or caring for the staff and their safety. There are multiple holes in the ceiling on the floors of the building- not an issue. The work place culture looked good at first until you realized that some staff would take their break early, and leave early, and not help others out as a team-this was not addressed by management even thou they new about it. The efficiency of the team and how they execute the service should be looked at to better serve the residents there. On my last day of work there I was told " You don't fit in here". I guess you can figure out why.

11 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your employment experience at PARC. We take the safety and security of our residents and employees very seriously. When health and safety concerns are raised, we investigate and address them as quickly as possible. You may not have been aware that we have regular renovation and up-grade schedules for each of our buildings to keep them fresh, safe places to live and work. Prioritizing our response to COVID-19 has meant tradespeople have not been permitted to enter our residences. So, although there may be a few renovation projects to complete, we’re proud to say all PARC residences are (and have always been) COVID-free. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our senior management team.

Poor management

MANAGEMENT expects a work load from you but have 0 respect for staff. If you have problems or issues & decide to speak up, they will fire you. They expect you to pretend to be happy while issues are brushed under the carpet or if the building is falling apart with staff being unhappy & not allowed to voice your opinions. The pay may sound good at $20 an hr but more like $15 hr. Worst job ever!!!

Pros

Good pay until you get taxed big time more than usual

Cons

Unskillful management & incompetant

2 November 2020
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. At PARC we strive to create a fair and inclusive workforce, with some of our core values being We Listen and We Appreciate Each Other and All That We Have. It sounds like your experience was contrary to these values. I hope you were able to bring these concerns to the attention of our HR Team Lead during your time at PARC. If you were not, you are still welcome to reach out to HR Team Lead ,Tori Phillips at tphillips@parcliving.ca and share you employment experience. PARC is a certified Living Wage Employer, more information about this initiative and the wages at PARC can be found here: http://www.livingwageforfamilies.ca/what_is_living_wage .

Productive friendly place to work

I like to work at PARC because of its friendly culture. Good treatment from the top management level and because I feel my work recognized by the management team and residents.

7 August 2020
Thank you for the positive review! One of our core values at PARC is We appreciate each other and all that we have. We're happy to know you fee recognized in your role.

I love this job

Absolutely one of the best places I have worked friendly staff, great leadership from management, fantastic pay and Benefits, overall great family culture Highly recommended

20 July 2020
Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate you taking the time to leave such a positive review.The last few months have been challenging and filled with change, it's nice to know that you're still feeling at home with PARC. If anything changes, do not hesitate to reach out.

Wonderful workplace culture

PARC Retirement Living has a top-notch workplace culture. Everyone pitches in without hesitation to ensure that residents, families and visitors receive quality service. They truly went out of their way to make me feel welcome, especially when I was first starting out. I like the flat organizational structure of PARC- employees and management could easily communicate in an open and transparent fashion. I enjoyed working here and meeting so many inspiring people in the senior living industry. (I also posted this on Glassdoor but I wasn't sure if my review was saved there!)

30 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here and on Glassdoor. We're happy to hear that you were inspired during your time with us.Know that we appreciate your positive feedback and recommendations.

Cedar Springs management is bullying workers

The management in this company is not really good and care to their employees instead they bullying you and harrasing to work hard. They don’t care of your safety and if you speak out regarding very over over workload they shout you out. Never recommend to anyone to work here specially in Cedarspring Facility is really worse place to work.

23 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your employment experience at Cedar Springs PARC. Keeping our Workplace Safe and Secure is of paramount importance to us. We take reports of bullying and harassment very seriously and would strongly encourage you to report this to our HR team for prompt investigation. Please reach out to Tori Phillips, PARC’s HR Leader at: tphillips@parcliving.ca .

Not a positive work environment! STAY AWAY!

I thought this would be a positive work environment but it turned out being one of the worst experiences as a server. If you do not want to deal with bullying and harassment STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. Barely any team support, some of the senior servers are selfish and rude to the newer staff, one of the most "senior" servers is one of the worst people you could ever work with. She actually trains you wrong on purpose and then gets upset and belittles you for doing something "wrong" even though that is how she taught you. The manager doesn't know how to be a manager and cannot deal with any issues that arise of conflicts and confrontations. I loved most of the residents there, but I had to leave for bullying and harassment reasons. It would have been a great job without the bullying and poor management from the manager.

2 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your employment experience at PARC. We take the safety and security of our employees and residents very seriously and, have a zero tolerance policy for bullying and harassment in the workplace. I am disappointed to hear your experience was contrary to our values and minimum expectations of respectfulness in the workplace.If you have not already, I would request that you reach out to our HR Leader directly and share your experience so we can investigate this situation further. If you have already reported this, we can assure you we are conducting an investigation to determine appropriate outcomes. Please reach out to tphillips@parcliving.ca .

Fun filled Work Environment

Its always great to work for a company that care for its workers. The management and staff are nice overall.

Pros

Beautiful work environment

Cons

Sometimes work overload.

22 July 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience with PARC. I appreciate you expressing that sometimes their can be work overload. If you are comfortable, I would encourage you to share specific examples or recommendations with your manager, general manager or Human resources about how we could better distribute the workload. Our employee safety is top priority, we want to keep our promise to you and keep our workplace safe and secure.Thank you again!

Great company

This company is amazing.They value and appreciate their employees.People are kind and very helpful.Good pay,good management,employees value each other.I am very lucky that I worked in this company.Very nice workplace.

6 May 2019
Thank you for the kind comment! One of our core values is "We appreciate each other and all that we have" - You've done a wonderful job in displaying the appreciation in your comment. We are lucky to have you!Thanks again!

What a special place

The people at PARC, both the residents and the employees, have made my experience so special. It's the first time I am working in Seniors Living...I did not know what to expect, but I love feeling like I make a difference. It feels like management really cares about the people here and our future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PARC Retirement Living. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement