PARC Retirement Living

PARC Retirement Living Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Wonderful workplace culture
PARC Retirement Living has a top-notch workplace culture. Everyone pitches in without hesitation to ensure that residents, families and visitors receive quality service. They truly went out of their way to make me feel welcome, especially when I was first starting out. I like the flat organizational structure of PARC- employees and management could easily communicate in an open and transparent fashion. I enjoyed working here and meeting so many inspiring people in the senior living industry.

(I also posted this on Glassdoor but I wasn't sure if my review was saved there!)
30 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here and on Glassdoor. We're happy to hear that you were inspired during your time with us.

Know that we appreciate your positive feedback and recommendations.
Cedar Springs management is bullying workers
The management in this company is not really good and care to their employees instead they bullying you and harrasing to work hard. They don’t care of your safety and if you speak out regarding very over over workload they shout you out. Never recommend to anyone to work here specially in Cedarspring Facility is really worse place to work.
23 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your employment experience at Cedar Springs PARC. Keeping our Workplace Safe and Secure is of paramount importance to us. We take reports of bullying and harassment very seriously and would strongly encourage you to report this to our HR team for prompt investigation.
Please reach out to Tori Phillips, PARC’s HR Leader at: tphillips@parcliving.ca .
Not a positive work environment! STAY AWAY!
I thought this would be a positive work environment but it turned out being one of the worst experiences as a server. If you do not want to deal with bullying and harassment STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. Barely any team support, some of the senior servers are selfish and rude to the newer staff, one of the most "senior" servers is one of the worst people you could ever work with. She actually trains you wrong on purpose and then gets upset and belittles you for doing something "wrong" even though that is how she taught you. The manager doesn't know how to be a manager and cannot deal with any issues that arise of conflicts and confrontations. I loved most of the residents there, but I had to leave for bullying and harassment reasons. It would have been a great job without the bullying and poor management from the manager.
2 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your employment experience at PARC. We take the safety and security of our employees and residents very seriously and, have a zero tolerance policy for bullying and harassment in the workplace. I am disappointed to hear your experience was contrary to our values and minimum expectations of respectfulness in the workplace.

If you have not already, I would request that you reach out to our HR Leader directly and share your experience so we can investigate this situation further. If you have already reported this, we can assure you we are conducting an investigation to determine appropriate outcomes.

Please reach out to tphillips@parcliving.ca .
Fun filled Work Environment
Its always great to work for a company that care for its workers. The management and staff are nice overall.
Pros
Beautiful work environment
Cons
Sometimes work overload.
22 July 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience with PARC.

I appreciate you expressing that sometimes their can be work overload. If you are comfortable, I would encourage you to share specific examples or recommendations with your manager, general manager or Human resources about how we could better distribute the workload. Our employee safety is top priority, we want to keep our promise to you and keep our workplace safe and secure.

Thank you again!
Great company
This company is amazing.They value and appreciate their employees.People are kind and very helpful.Good pay,good management,employees value each other.I am very lucky that I worked in this company.Very nice workplace.
6 May 2019
Thank you for the kind comment! One of our core values is "We appreciate each other and all that we have" - You've done a wonderful job in displaying the appreciation in your comment. We are lucky to have you!

Thanks again!
Fantastic place to work
PARC Retirement Living is an awesome company to work for, they really do act on making this an engaged place for everyone. They live by their values and Rainer really cares about his team. There is never a day that goes by at work where I don't laugh or have fun, my coworkers are all so lovely, and it's just a very positive place to be.
Pros
Humour, happiness, meaningful work
11 February 2019
Thank you very much for the kind review. We are so happy to hear you enjoy your time at work. We strive at PARC to create a wonderful environment not only for a resident's but also for our employee's.

Thanks again!
What a special place
The people at PARC, both the residents and the employees, have made my experience so special. It's the first time I am working in Seniors Living...I did not know what to expect, but I love feeling like I make a difference. It feels like management really cares about the people here and our future.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PARC Retirement Living?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PARC Retirement Living. Our community is ready to answer.
PARC Retirement Living Reviews by Location