Paramount Services Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL27 January 2019
A good job to start a work-life but not to care for family or house hold .Lack of respect for employees. You have to know your worth and be determined to continue on without the approval of the manager and owners .Family owned and a nasty environment.
Pros
Easy hire
Cons
No benefits, No respect for employees
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL18 September 2018
It was a job, It was a laundry cleaning service. I was task to start a locator system for locating product in a warehouse type environment. maintan a count on all incoming and out going items
Pros
It was a job
Cons
It was a job
Horrible owners and family strife
Plant management (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL5 June 2018
It was a job and the job wasn't hard. What made it difficult was the owners and daughter. Back stabbing and short sighted to say the least. They paid the laborers horribly, like it was 1960, and treated them poorly too. Always threatening them and putting management in a bad spot. Family in-fighting and not listening to anything management said as far as suggestions without fear of losing your job. This is not a good place to be if you value job security or being able to work without interference from a blow hard know it all spoiled family member. This is from a person in upper management.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security, humiliating oversight, impossible goals
Fast
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  everywhere17 May 2017
I learnt that time is valuable. It was a fast paced environment. I was able to work alone without supervision. Its an easy job to learn, the company was awesome.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything has to be perfect
Stressful work environment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  West End, AL27 April 2017
Supervisors do not have good communication skills, which leads to over-stressed employees that can not perform to satisfactory requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to further my communicating abilities.
it was a difficult job
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL13 May 2016
it was a hard an hot job but it helped my ability to deal with difficult situations an to be patient.the machines were old an broke down a lot so perduction wasn't easy to meet.
Pros
it was a job an payed bills
Cons
it was hard an hot
Nice job to do but awful people to work for.
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL.24 March 2015
I really like the customers and the job but the owners are real mean people and you would have to be really desperate to work for them. It really seams like they think they are slave owners. I really liked all the other people, they are very desporate to make the owners happy but the owners are mean to the core, on some days they are great but that is few and fare between.
Pros
The linen business and the customer locations
Cons
The bad owners Facility owner, President CEO and V.P. (Leadership?)
not a good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  BIrmingham, Al.2 October 2013
I clock in at 5 am and the I try and find all the things I need to get my day going. I really haven't learn anything new at this job. Management doesn't really care about the employees at all. My co-worker are good and cool people, the hardest part of the job is standing in one spot all day. I only enjoy my co-workers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks, no good benfits, no good pay, and they don't care about the employees
Productive work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waitara22 March 2013
Co-workers i got along with
Typical working day
Friendly staff at the place of work
Pros
xtra hours at times
Cons
money
interesting
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton12 February 2013
Typical day, calm, easy flowing, meaning work surroundings.

Co-worker/workers, easy communication, understanding.

Hardest part of this job was starting and finishing hours, adjusting to work hours.

Most enjoyable part of this job, was getting back out working, enjoying my work although it was part-time. Interacting with other ethnicities, as well as working with them, i like a change.
Very Stressful
Route Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, Alabama4 August 2012
I loved the work that I did. I learned a great deal from working there but it was very stressful. There was NO opportunity for advancement and there really were no benefits. They did offer insurance but it was very expensive and really didn't cover anything. The hardest part of the job was that every morning you walked into some kind of frenzy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that worked with me...they were very kind.
Pros
no weekend work
Cons
healthcare, very stressful
Fast pace enviroment
Machine Operator/ Pressor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL20 July 2012
Its a face pac envorinment- you have to keep a study pace-enjoyed it
Pros
production
Cons
no-benefits