Paramount Properties

Paramount Properties Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
Featured review
Paramount Properties selected this as a representative review
I worked at Paramount Properties for close to 10 years. I can honestly state that it was the best job I ever had !!! I left on my own accord for what I believed was "greener grass on the other side" which was not the case. It is a family business and I found them to be very involved and would always listen with open ears to any and all issues. Property Management is a bit of a tough business but I loved dealing with people (tenants) which made my job more enjoyable. I think their pay ranges are at par with the industry. I did notice that when people left the company they usually left for another job or there were reasons to make changes. Every site I was on I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. As a property manager your goal is to keep your building full and the ultimate goal is to collect all the rents. When accomplished it is a great feeling and you are noticed. I believe you make your own enjoyment at a job and I always had a great time and made many great long term relationships. I would highly recommend working for Paramount Properties.
Pros
Great Christmas parties, Sens tickets to certain games, staff events yearly
Cons
Sometimes you have to work a few extra hours, which is noticed by the ownership
7 July 2020
Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience!
They lied about the position they hired me for. I was told i would be a property manager with a starting wage of $21.00/hr. On my 2nd day they informed me I would be staying at the desk of the property i was training at as the woman training me was going to be promoted. No problem I thought, and I was told I'd still get my original offered raise. Did I ever get it though? No. I was given a $1.00 raise at my 3 month interview however because I had been excelling in my position and just been given a fantastic review...

I loved my job at this property so much though. Going to work was always fun, and the culture in the office was very light-hearted which made for more excellent work I think.

I spent some time at another property, their largest complex. I was told I was there temporarily, which soon became permanent. The culture in the office was that of a 8th grade class. It was unbelievable the drama that was happening. First, their accountant is the nastiest human being I have ever met. She would call tenants "F**k heads" behind a closed door, and had a negative attitude about EVERYTHING. She was extremely domineering, and nothing could ever be done right for her. She is quite simply a bully in the work place. God forbid you knock on her door at lunch. There were however random days among the heart-racing anxiety you felt when she entered a room that she would be super pleasant. I lived for those days and cherished each one because you knew that happy her only lasted like a millisecond.

My only solace was their rental agent. She is the epitome of the most shining
 - more...
15 September 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologize for the unsatisfactory experience. We strive for excellence and would like to learn more about the situation. Please feel welcome to address further comments, concerns or questions by emailing us at info@paramountatps.com.
working for Paramount its great,I enjoyed my working with my team and they are good to me,supporting me great,especially my boss-manager!
Its a great start, and perfect experience for future resumes,The stuff respect you and we all work together for company with patience and respect to our tenants as well!

Working for them its just right to do!
14 August 2020
Thank you for sharing your positive experience and review!
Working at Paramount Properties for over 10years!! We have a great team, very good work environment. Every employee treated individually , not as "a number". Would recommend to apply.
14 August 2020
Thank you for sharing your positive experience and review!
This company is a mess. Family owned and tiny, so no room to grow (even if it is promised during the interview process). The scary brother goes around to different properties to micromanage and intimidate, while the cool/fun brother is nowhere to be found (I don’t blame him). Genuinely hope this business goes bankrupt, honestly a wonder it’s still running given how poorly and unethically it is run.
Pros
When I quit
Cons
Working there
14 August 2020
Trust me, even if you think this is short term, or good for a transitional period, it’s really not. The salary is non-negotiable (even if the ads state otherwise). Their primary goal is to save a dollar and it shows from the way they treat their residents, employees, and properties.
Pros
Literally none
Cons
All of it
7 July 2020
lot of tenants came in to complain about the super just walking into their apartments without notice, I was there only for few months only because i did not feel comfortable of how the management handled the complaints of tenants who had their privacy breached..safety is not so good, just in few months there was 2 car break in complains again management did not do anything, cameras are no good, management tries to hide all the complaints, rental agent will tell you what you wanna hear and trains the receptionist to lie with her ... i couldn't work in such a place because i rent to and i would not like to be treated like that. the complains on the super are all denied and the manager backs it up, sometimes i was rehearsed what to say cause it was hard to lie for me specially when the tenant was right. I had to leave the job when one covid19 was going on she had no place to move they made her move anyways cause they said they could rent it for more once he moves out.. they left him homeless. I WOULD NOT LIVE THERE OR WORK THERE ..HEADOFFICE LETS MANAGERS RUIN THEIR COMPANY.
Pros
no safety
Cons
not for family
7 July 2020
Horrible work atmosphere, management is lacking. Pay is sub par or the amount of work required. No free time, expect to work on holidays.long weekends etc..without being paid appropriately for it. Manager at my work site couldnt even use a computer.
7 July 2020
Worked as Property Manager. Salary is rock bottom and wouldn't even qualify you for a 1 bedroom unit at most of the company's properties. Advancement opportunities are limited. There is a couple good middle managers that seem to care but upper management is clueless about how to run a modern day business. The big bosses are only there because they are family. No real long-term vision or care for their employees outside of a few favorites.
7 July 2020
Instead of working 40 hour weeks we're working 60 to 70 on call constantly never get a break. And they can not keep staff. And manager should get some schooling
7 July 2020
Busy but outdated. They need to step into the future and figure out a better more environment friendly way of doing things. Trying to build a workplace culture is like pulling teeth. Offered a job? My advice... keep looking.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Owners
7 July 2020
cheap company, left for weeks without the simplest answer, office only cares about pleasing owners not tenants. Expected to work ridiculous hours for no extra pay while being understaffed
7 July 2020
Worked as a Superintendent for Paramount. It was a good gig coming out of school and I was able to have my own apartment and support myself. It’s a good stepping stone while you build your resume!
I got realistic goals and decent training. Work hours were sometimes long but didn’t go unnoticed. Company environment was fine. Learning curve was steep but doable.
No real complaints management was upfront with the stuff expected of me and left me to my own devices most of the time. When I needed help they got back to me. It’s pretty self-managed.
They listened to my suggestions and were genuinely interested in how they could improve their business. Management responded quickly to my questions and helped me throughout my employment.
A comfortable environment for work. Management was helpful and efficient when I reached out for help. The pay was appropriate for a building manager position and I felt like they appreciated the work that I did.
Praise you one minute and then make you finish the week and tell you that you are not a good fit without any explanation. No lunch hour given even though by law its mandatory. Micro Manage you. Very high school clique mentality. Always derogatory. DO NOT WORK HERE. Low pay and want top talent.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
14 August 2020
Low pay, long hours and lack of respect from senior management.

Pro-rated salary. Equalling about minimum wage after boarding fees. 12 days straight work (7 of those days with emergency on-call).

Worst job experience to date.
Pros
Reduced rent
Cons
Too many to list
7 July 2020
I could not have gotten out of that job fast enough. If you are applying for a job here and looking at the reviews, please trust them. The apartments are run down, management doesn't care as long as they are making money. Tenants will yell at you relentlessly and management will do nothing to help you. There is no appreciation or praise from management, even if you rent 20 apartments in under a week. You get away with a ton, but don't expect a thank you at any point. Expect to work on every 1st of the month, even if its a weekend or a statutory holiday. They consistently have jobs posted because turnover is that high, don't expect a permanent placement for at least 3 months or until someone else has had enough and quits. Don't waste your time, find another job.
Pros
rate of pay
Cons
no job security, angry tenants, bad management
14 August 2020
Unless you like being overworked and undervalued, don't bother. They expect full tradesmen level work for slightly above minimum wage. The management is happy to micro-manage every aspect of your day-to-day, while gleefully admitting to knowing nothing about what you do.
Pros
Live on site
Cons
Everything else.