Paramount Fine Foods Management reviews

Not the best Job out there but okay for a beginning job
Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2019
Place here absolutely does not care about labour laws as you would receive breaks well over the 5-hour period that is standard in the Ontario by-laws. Also, food safety and hygiene are very minimum at my time here. I constantly saw chefs cross contaminating vegetarian options with meat. Also, tips are highly discouraged and shared with the whole house even though you're the one running around and killing yourself to make customers happy.
Pros
50% off lunch items, met some good friends here
Cons
Long hours with no breaks, horrible management, stupid hours, name tags that do not even spell your name properly, closing duties after you finish work
environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 February 2019
The people that I worked with made it worth working.
Management could have been more organized and efficient.
Hours were okay too, sometimes they expected you to take on more. Even if you'd say no.
I did not like work here
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
always the management pay late and this was the worst thing, it was a good place to work because all of my team mates helped each others. the hardest part of the job it is when you have too many costumers and all food should sent it at the same time
Good environment
boh staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2019
nice people to work with. good fast paced environment. a lot of customers. build relationships and friendships. Very strict rules and management roles
Good management team and staff are nice, some clients are rude and greedy
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON18 December 2018
Staff and management were nice. You would work for hours but you wouldn't feel like it. Managers always looked out for their employers but, one of the most cons of the restaurant is the clients if you are working on the front desk. Some of the customers are very rude and disrespectful.
Pros
Free Food and Drinks, good hours
Cons
Rude clients
Demanding job, with not much to build on
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2018
The management are very experienced, but they hire staff with a kids mentality so not much gets accomplished and the effort falls on the older more experienced staff whom get passed when a higher position opens.
Terrible employer
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa on5 September 2018
Never paid on time, had tip out taken away for things out of boH control. Store owner is very rude, only thing keeping this store together is the BOH manager.
Pros
Free lunch BOH
Cons
Bad environment, bad with getting paid
Good
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 August 2018
Nothing much to say . I had short hours but the team that I had was good apart from some of the team leaders were mean but all in all it is a good place the management was good too.
Pros
15% off for front of the house
Decent for a first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 May 2018
- learned how to deal with fast paced environments
- customer management
- short hours felt extremely long because of the fast paced and hectic environment
Nice Place To Work At
Baker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 April 2018
Very nice staff members, management is great. Overall very fun place to work at and enjoy the sounds of the middle eastern music ring in your head, thumbs up for me.
Pros
nice salary
Cons
not good benefits
nice place to work
FOOD PREP (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2018
nice place to work . and a nice place to learn a lot about mediterranean food . job is easy and no presure.management is great . i really did enjoy this job
Pros
free lunch at kitchen staff
Working environment is not so good and professional
Assistant kitchen manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton4 February 2018
Paramount is a nice place to work but remember that they do not give any types of salary benefits to the employees. The head management is not active, some time it feels like they do not know what their job is.
Energetic workplace
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2018
Energetic workplace with a defined team vibe. You must step lively and keep your wits sharp in here. Staff and management is a little inexperienced (Feb 4th, 2018) but, we keep a WhatsApp group where issues are opened for debate or other and it encourages communication among staff and management. Kitchen staff gets a free meal on their break and all staff gets 50% off all food, on or off work. Personally, it isn't for me and that reads in my review, I think but, everyone else there does seem happy!
Good job
Kitchen and line supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 February 2018
Paramlunt was a great job. Decent pay but somwtimes over worked. They dont always have the best management but over all its a good workplace and if your good at what you do its easy to get promoted or attain a raise.
not a great place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 November 2017
a typical day at work is serving customers and taking orders, cleaning the restaurant. terrible management, not a lot of english is spoken.work culture is all arabic.
Extensive Work but rewarding
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 November 2017
Learned to work on the go. Adapted to incoming dinner and breakfast rushes. Friendly environment with good people. Management was understanding and respectful
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
typical job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 November 2017
very busy during summer season, very slow during winter and fall season. I learned a lot about food safety and handling. hardest part of the job is the high demand and large groups during busy times and holidays (Christmas, long weekends, new years, ect)
Pros
free lunches for kitchen staff
Cons
long hours, harsh management
Paramount Worker (Former Employee) –  Team Member31 March 2017
Faced a little bit of discrimination but I didn't let it get to me. I hated that everyone spoke Arabic and assumed I did when I didn't. Hard working there.
Pros
Food
Cons
Bad hours
worst place to work
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 March 2017
managers were DCKS!! hated working here so much, i dreaded coming to work and being yelled at or told what to do in such a degrading way and the kitchen manager was a pervert
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A place where you can start your career and get some more hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 March 2017
Working as supervisor at the Paramount Fine Foods gave me an elevated experience of handling a staff, daily operations and food production. Also I learned the ordering procedure, inventory management with help of my superiors.
Pros
Flexible timings
Cons
No benefits