ParaMed Employee Reviews

Dont recommend
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON19 February 2018
Overworked, under paid, Sends you all over the place except area you are suppose to work. Expects you to work 24-7 and be on call 24-7.
Fellow employees will turn on you.
Pros
working with the clients
Cons
Management.
Client Sevice Supervisor Calgary
Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2018
Workplace is very challenging,
The Director doesn't seem to know what is going on
The supervisor in charge of scheduling keep messing everything up
Staff turnover is extremely high
Pros
Cons
no respect for staff, clients always calling in to complain
Great place to work - great team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 February 2018
I have been employed as an RN for >10 years. The nursing team works closely to provide wonderful care to our clients. We have a wonderful benefit plan. Flexible scheduling has allowed me to spend time with my children and aging parents
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
love my job!
good care for elderly clients
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON5 February 2018
I love taking care of people, especially our elderly and working for Paramed provided to opportunity to do so. I have gone to become a nurse and still want to help our senior citizens who I feel we owe the world.
Pros
no boss over your shoulder
Cons
hard to balance life around changing hours
Best job I have ever had!
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC5 February 2018
It was a very enjoyable place to work. I enjoyed working with my colleagues, they were team oriented.

Everyone did their job and respected each other.
Personal Support Worker & nurse (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2018
The past few years the company has really gone downhill. They don't have any consideration for the employees and you are just a number. The higher people keep getting richer and the workers keep in the same place. There is no opportunity for advancement either because they management will not accomodate a new job or school, they will tell you to leave. Your feelings don't count! Despite several staff meetings and many unsatisfied workers, the management doesn't change. There is a lot of people leaving every week and if you think seniority counts-not here! I don't recomend this company to anyone. They are also 3 months behind in getting back to you of wether or not not you got the job..definetely one of the 10 worst companies in healthcare-very poorly run. They overlap clients in your schedule and with no travel time. Every day is a constant reminder to please add travel time... it is exhausting!
Cons
non
Stay away
Ron (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON25 January 2018
Employed when ParaMed bought Revere HH. What a joke. “My way or the highway” attitude from upper management. No compassion for anything but the bottom line. A complete disconnect. Pay and benefits aren’t that great anymore. Flexible?? Nope. Consistent payroll and IT errors. White coat training for clinic staff? What’s that?? I used to say home care was a great starting going for new grads to learn skills. Still is, just not with this company
Pros
None that I see
Cons
All cons
long term
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 January 2018
Working for this company was a great experience. Staff was wonderful and quick to answer any questions. Flexible to work with work and home life. If you are in the people to people business this is a great company to work for
Just awful!
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2018
New management are a bunch of bullies. HR doesnt know much about benefits and employee rights. Office staff are under constant pressure to fill visits, regardless of the nurses workload. No support from Supervisors. I wonder if head office knows how poorly the staff are treated at this branch.
Cons
management are BULLIES
Good
community health worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 January 2018
Paramed Home Health is a good company. Good salary and more oppertunity to upgrade our skills and communications. All workers are good team players. Management also good
Para No Pay.
RPN/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NWO12 January 2018
The staff and clients were good. Upper management were terrible. Never listened. Never allow you to take time off even when you worked 60-70 hrs a week (traveling lots in a day to distant communities) pay you 37.5 hrs a week. Fight for your money earned or expenses for months. They blame you for their doings. Not a great place to work in NWO. High staff turn over. Low pay and they have a bad rep...one community calls them Para No Pay.
Pros
The staff, the clients....
Cons
Late expense payments, fight for money, upper management, terrible VP and much more
Great place to work!
Regional Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 January 2018
Staff, supervisors, and management are great. Office environment is fast paced but everyone is always willing to help out with anything that may arise
Great company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON8 January 2018
I truly loved this job. I enjoyed caring for clients in their homes and interacting with their families. It is a very rewarding job. Paraded is a understanding company and willing to work with you.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Split shifts
They cut the government enhancement
PSW (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 January 2018
When I go a call to work for par med I was wondering until my interview what I would get as a veteran psw with 10 years experience. The HR told me they couldn’t give me anything more then $16.50 an hour to start meanwhile Other companies listed they could, so someone please tell me what they are doing with the government enhancement? They claimed they cut it back. Sorry Par med...left the interview and got a higher paying home care job with a contract and benefits right off the bat.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Doesn’t want to give more $$$ to experienced psws
Patient care was great, leaving because of management
Enhanced Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 December 2017
I love the patient care aspect.
Management was disorganized and didn't care about their employees.
There was no middle ground, you either had 5 patient visits, or you were told you had to see upwards of 10 or more.
When asking a supervisor for help, the usual answer was "you need to figure it out"
Upper management claimed to have no knowledge of the staffing shortage for over a year.
The employee turn over rate is really high
Pros
Patient care
Cons
management
Day to Day
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON13 December 2017
My day begins at 7am everyday from Monday to Friday and every second weekend. I head to my first patient leaving my house about 30-20min before my first patient to make sure I arrive on time.I see around 6-8 patients a day. I then punch in on our company phones, which give us all the information we need to contact our patients and the company. I then do my service, which is very individual for each person. A service can go from 45min to a full day depending on the need of the person. A the end of the day I punch out and do my call aheads for the next day.
Pros
independent work
Cons
working weekends
great job to practice and learn new skills
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
Paramed is an excellent company that strives on the success of their clients as well as staff success. i have nothing but pleasant memories of my fellow coworkers and even my supervisor. They were always eager to help and maintained a respectful and dignified environment for everyone. I have learned many skills from working at Paramed that have enhanced my skills as a nursing student.The best part of working at Paramed was being able to help clients with various diagnosis.
Pros
learning new skills and gaining hands on experience of various diagnosis
Cons
No set hours ex. 0730 to 1930
Enjoyable and welcoming environment.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 December 2017
Working at the hospital was enjoyable and I learned a lot from the patients. The hospital environment was very supportive towards myself and other health care aides.
Great clients and other Psws
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON,1 December 2017
Management is very unprofessional, rude, not easy to talk to when you have to email everything, sending psws to see new clients before the client has been accessed by OT. That is how is how injuries happen. p
Pros
Decent wages, and with the old management it may even be better than it is now
Cons
Long hours, no help, vacation days being denied, and only 2 paid sick days a year
Great Company
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON27 November 2017
Great company to work for, not always guaranteed hours. Lots of skills learned, with very helpful nurses, Company tries to accommodate your schedule best as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ParaMed. Our community is ready to answer.